Menu

October 18, 2011

Tatayana Ali In Nicole Miller – Black Girls Rock! 2011

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Tatyana Ali dazzled on the red carpet for the second annual Black Girls Rock! Awards which was held at the Paradise Theater in New York City this weekend.

The actress looked gorgeous wearing a Nicole halter gown.

Her multi-coloured sequined gown was teamed with a white Lauren Merkin ‘Lucca’ oval-shaped minaudiere and gold jewels.

I adore her curly hairstyle and I’m obsessed with that tangerine lip colour.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich - Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich – Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

Gillian Jacobs In Mary Katrantzou - Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

Gillian Jacobs In Mary Katrantzou – Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

17 Responses to Tatayana Ali In Nicole Miller – Black Girls Rock! 2011

1. Aimz14 October 19, 2011 at 8:51 pm #

Love the dress but the make up is tragic and the hair isn’t working for me.

2. Alina October 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm #

The dress is stunning,but I don’t like the styling.

3. DivaMom October 19, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

Pretty girl, she glows from the inside. But this look just seems off. It think she misses entirely too much on the red carpet.

4. Tahj October 19, 2011 at 4:58 am #

I love the dress. It’s very Goldie Hawn.

5. gurlygurl October 19, 2011 at 1:26 am #

Not a dress I would have chosen but against her dreamy skin it works. I would have liked to have seen her eyes a little softer too but everything else is just great. Well done!

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 18, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

It’s not working for me. Reminds me of that dot candy they used to make on long strips of paper. That’s a WHOLE LOTTA makeup and I think the hair looks messy.

7. lu October 18, 2011 at 7:39 pm #

Like this look!, dress, and hair. I just think the makeup is too harsh, but aside from that beautiful!

• maria October 18, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

i agree.

8. shaphalf October 18, 2011 at 7:12 pm #

She looks so, so pretty! I can’t believe it’s only Tuesday and I already have like 6 favorites for BDOTW — Tatayana included. This is a great look for her!

9. Jones19 October 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm #

Wow this look is flawless. I’d love to see her up for BDOTW.

10. QTB October 18, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

she does look good i must admit….but seriously an event called “black girls rock”

11. Hermoine October 18, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

I think she looks divine.

12. Rebecca Z October 18, 2011 at 6:09 pm #

I think she looks stunning. Gorgeous dress with the various colors–great for her figure and skin tone and shows off her toned arms. I like the makeup and think she looks very classy. I would put her up as a BDOTW contender

13. OFF/THE/RECORD October 18, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

I had wished someone would wear this gown and here she is.. though i’d imagined it on someone taller and less endowed..she effortlessly works the outfit…what she ain’t being able to work is her over-glazed and bronzed makeup.
    A little less stroke on the brush would have perfected it..sigh !

14. Marybeth October 18, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

I really love this look. It’s so girly and feminine but at the same time sleek and elegant.

15. Hannah October 18, 2011 at 6:02 pm #

Her skin is so divine, it is so glowy, I have serious scrub envy! Also, er makeup looks gorgeous whiel she smiles, but in teh other hoto it looks a tad harsh, and the dress would be much improved with a belt. Posutre is also a little amiss and I sincerely hope that there will be a photo of the back!

16. Nat39 October 18, 2011 at 5:29 pm #

Quite lovely overall but the make-up is a bit too much/too strong, and while the hair is rather cute in the closeup it looks plain messy from a distance. She should also watch her posture, she`s slouching quite a bit, to make sure her bust doesn`t blend into her waist.