Menu

October 7, 2011 Who Wore It Better?

Who Wore Chanel Better? Saoirse Ronan or Clemence Poesy

When Saoirse Ronan attended the New York screening of her movie ‘Hanna’ back in April, she wore a Chanel Pre-Fall 2011 dress with Jimmy Choo ‘Zone’ silver strappy sandals.

Her multi-coloured metallic polka-dot halter dress had an exquisite bejeweled neckline and was also accented with an embellished waistband.

Clemence Poesy wore the same dress to the Chanel Spring 2012 presentation during Paris Fashion Week exactly 6 months later.

The French actress swapped the embellished waistband for a velvet one.

Black Miu Miu suede peep-toes and a silver clutch completed her look.

Clemence wins for me.

I much prefer the silhouette of her dress with the velvet waistband and I think the overall fit is better on her.

Credit: Style.com, Gregorio T. Binuya/Everett Collection. & Getty

Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen - Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 Presentation

Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 Presentation

My Paris Fashion Week - Highs & Lows

My Paris Fashion Week – Highs & Lows

13 Responses to Who Wore Chanel Better? Saoirse Ronan or Clemence Poesy

1. Lucía October 8, 2011 at 4:33 pm #

Clemence wins for me too even though I don’t like the shoes

2. Jen October 8, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

nipping the waist at the right point as Clemence does, really takes the dress from kooky and a bit sloppy to chic.

3. Nat39 October 7, 2011 at 7:11 pm #

Clemence is the winner for me not just based on the fit but a better hairstyle as well. Dislike the shoes on either of them – Clemence´s are too plain while Saoirse´s are too strap-busy and sparkly for this already busy dress.

4. Moxie October 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm #

While I prefer Saoirse’s shoes, the Clemence’s overall look is stunning. She deserves the win.

5. Jones19 October 7, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

Saoirse has the better shoes but Clemence has the better fit. In this case fit wins over shoes.

6. Mick October 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

Clemence’s fitting is amazing, so she wins for me. Not so fond of her shoes though, they’re a bit heavy. If she swapped shoes with Saoirse, she’d be 100% perfect.

• Gaber October 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

I am signing this.
      The shoes were a “Oh honey, no”-moment, but outside of that – she looks fantastic.

• maria October 7, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

i agree. i had to vote due to the fit, but the shoes are horrendous.

7. robbie October 7, 2011 at 1:35 pm #

saoirse for me, i prefer the shoes although i wish she had perhaps tightened the belt a little to give more of a shape.

8. Parvati October 7, 2011 at 1:23 pm #

Obviously, I am one of the very few people who prefer Saoirse Ronan in this dress. I always liked the relaxed way she wore it, with the loose-fitting belt. Plus, although I don’t like this length in dresses, it didn’t bother me on this occasion. Finally, I LOVE her Jimmy Choo sandals!

9. Alina October 7, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

I loooove Clemence’s look. It’s BDOTW material for me.

10. Emi October 7, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

Easily Clemence, because her fit is better. I also prefer her accessories.