Menu

June 3, 2011 Who Wore It Better?

Who Wore Zara Better? Denise van Outen or Rebecca Ferguson

We love Zara over here in the UK, which was proven recently when two of our favourite British stars were both spotted wearing the same Zara floral print dress with a tulip shape skirt.

TV host Denise van Outen was spotted headed to a meeting in LA wearing her dress with nude sandals and carrying a brown clutch whilst on her mobile phone.

X Factor runner up, Rebecca Ferguson wore the same dress when she made a TV appearance on Lorraine’s show last week.

With beautiful wavy locks, the singer strangely opted to accessorize her summery dress with black t-bar pumps and a black clutch.

Denise wins for me.

I prefer her accessories and I love the fact that even whilst exiting a car her dress still retained its tulip shape.

Credit: Xpsoure

Sarah Jessica Parker Loves Her Swedish Hasbeens for H&M

Sarah Jessica Parker Loves Her Swedish Hasbeens for H&M

Alessandra Ambrosio In Dolce & Gabbana - Victoria's Secret Bombshell Tour

Alessandra Ambrosio In Dolce & Gabbana – Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Tour

17 Responses to Who Wore Zara Better? Denise van Outen or Rebecca Ferguson

1. Flo June 29, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

Since I saw this post, I kept dreaming about that dress but I finally found it yesterday!!! Only the skirt was available in France until recently!

• Fashion Critic June 29, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

congrats. I’m glad you found it 🙂

2. Stacey June 12, 2011 at 6:47 am #

Love this dress so went out and bought it and the skirt!!! You can do so much with both of them… Best purchase so far x x

• Fashion Critic June 12, 2011 at 9:22 am #

my sister brought this dress too after seeing this post 😀

Glad to hear you love the dress.

3. Louise June 4, 2011 at 1:10 am #

Rebecca looks best. Denise looks like a scrawny old tart.

4. justme June 3, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

I need this dress in my life. I know I’d do it more justice lol. Black or nude shoes are too safe imo.

5. Lee Ann June 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

Actually my daughter paired it with a pair of Prada platform sandals in black suede and it looked great for night. What you can’t really see is there is some black in the dress and in real life the black really toughened up the look for night-which is when she wore it.but I agree,in these pictures the black looks wrong . I do think part of the reason is the style of the shoe.

6. AL GIGA June 3, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

BOTH GIRLS CHOSE WRONG ACCESSORIES! THIS DRESS NEEDS COLORED SHOES AND BAG. THE BLACK SHOES AND BAG ARE REALY OFF! ESPECIALL BECAUSE THEY MARY JANES! AND I WOULD SUGGEST REBECCA CHOOSE A LONG DRESS! HER THIGHS LOOKS LIKE SOUVLAKIA! BUT THE DRESS IS GORGOUS ON ITS OWN, AND ESPECIALLY BECAUSE ITS FROM ZARA!!!!!!!
    LOVE TO SEE MASS BRANDS ON CELBS!!!!!!

7. LucĂ­a June 3, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

I like the nude shoes better.

8. Gaber June 3, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

Rebecca’s skin-tone is fantastic against the dress.
    It’s so good,that I am able to overlook the crappy accessories.

9. Gail June 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

I’m not sure who these two are but I picked the one with the nude colored shoes. Every woman knows, or should know, you DO NOT wear black colored shoes with a bright colored ensemble

10. Lee Ann June 3, 2011 at 12:45 pm #

How funny I bought my daughter this dress last week. It is amazingly well made and really pretty.

• Fashion Critic June 3, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

It is very well made

11. bibi June 3, 2011 at 10:37 am #

I don’t understand the two bag colors!
    so classic winter bags????
    and the shoes on both are soooooooo lifeless!
    I prefer the models shoes! much more a turn on for me! …and positive and colorful!

12. Christine June 3, 2011 at 9:29 am #

Despite preferring Denise’s footwear (I especially love the nail polish!) I have voted for Rebecca as she looks radiant, confident and absolutely lovely. A heart over head decision.

13. ahot June 3, 2011 at 9:28 am #

*heading to Zara at once to get this dress.
    Denise wins from headt to toe. There is toomuch blackness going on with Rebecca: Black long extensions, check. Big black clutch,check. Chunky black t-straps, check. It’s overpowering this cute dress, & we can’t see the design anymore

14. Incroyable June 3, 2011 at 7:25 am #

Not sure if its that shot of Denise, but the size seems too big. Rebecca’s actually looks her size. Rebecca wins for me