Menu

June 2, 2011 Runway To Red Carpet

Charlotte Casiraghi In Gucci – “Il Mondo Vi Appartiene” Dinner

Posted by Catherine Kallon

I’m going to be very honest and say that I’ve never quite got the fascination with Charlotte Casiraghi.

Her Gucci front knot dress from the Spring 2011 collection which she wore to the Il Mondo Vi Appartiene’ Dinner in Venice Italy yesterday evening does nothing to change my mind.

Clothes always seem to wear her and I would even go one step further to say that she doesn’t appear to be that interested in fashion.

This Gucci colour-block look with a gold obi belt makes her shoulders appear very broad.

Charlene Wittstock has broad shoulders, but it’s never an issue because she carries herself so well.

I’m wanting Jennifer Lopez, Zoe Saldana, Gemma Arterton, Olivia Wilde or Blake Lively to save this look for me because Charlotte fails to excite me in this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Heather Graham In Donna Karan - "Kimchi Chronicles" Launch Party

Heather Graham In Donna Karan – “Kimchi Chronicles” Launch Party

Jessica Alba Loves Her Valentino 'Rockstud' Bag

Jessica Alba Loves Her Valentino ‘Rockstud’ Bag

28 Responses to Charlotte Casiraghi In Gucci – “Il Mondo Vi Appartiene” Dinner

1. mochababe73 June 9, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

Kim Kardashian wore this on yesterday. I think that she feels it out better. But, I like Charlotte’s shoes more than Kim’s.

2. Hadara June 7, 2011 at 1:55 am #

She doesn’t have the boob definition to really pull this off, either.

3. Blueaura June 4, 2011 at 6:01 am #

This is not her best look as the dress is not suited for her body type. She’s an athlete not a fashion model, but I think she’s pretty and classy. She could try harder when dressing out for events like she did in the premiere of La Dolce Vita event.

4. imam June 3, 2011 at 6:14 pm #

for me it looks better on jennifer hudson…. what about you?

5. Raquel June 3, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

Well, Sara Carbonero’s try at the look, you can see that her skirt is wrinkled, too. I don’t blame this on them, because this kind of fabric can be a pain. But the fitting of Chalotte’s top is a mess, the shoulders aren’t quite right as they are on the catawalk or Sara.

While I agree that the colorblocking trend will be over before August, it’s refreshing to see so much color and different color combinations – some of them work really well, wouldn’t have thought about orange + purple/dark lavander.

6. Rachel Marie June 3, 2011 at 12:08 am #

I would venture that the fascination with Princess Casiraghi stems from her iconic grandmother and the fact that she was reportedly – in her teens – the world’s youngest couture client. I don’t think she has gone too far wrong with this look. She chose the right shoes and kept her hair simple. She looks like she’s been sitting in it for a while and if she didn’t have her arms pressed to her sides the hips would fan out as they’re designed to do. These are pretty forgivable mistakes when one is out to socialise and not at an event to work. Which she never is!

• Elena June 3, 2011 at 9:42 am #

Thank you Rachel!!! I agree totally with you

7. Bec June 2, 2011 at 11:11 pm #

she sucks the life out of everything she wears!! Shes probably one of those girls who doesn’t think she has to try because everyone tells her she is so pretty.

8. Sophie June 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm #

It’s painful to see her wearing this so badly…

9. Lucía June 2, 2011 at 9:59 pm #

We’ve seen a lot of this collection and it’s a little bit boring. Anyway I don’t think it’s the right attitude for that dress and the skirt has wrinkles.

10. Jones19 June 2, 2011 at 8:41 pm #

Agh no she’s ruining my favorite look from this collection. For shame!

11. Lily June 2, 2011 at 8:25 pm #

Well said. The clothes wear her. She’s pretty but brings no personality or personal flair to the clothes. She’s a hanger, and that’s boring.

12. sauterelle June 2, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

I agree, Sara Carbonero looked great!! This must be one of the worst looks ever of Charlotte

13. Rebecca Z June 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

It looks bad and she looks bored out of her mind.

14. Gilda June 2, 2011 at 7:52 pm #

She looks so miserable. Did anyone force her to wear gorgeous clothes?

15. bas June 2, 2011 at 6:40 pm #

Spanish tv presenter Sara Carbonero wore this same Gucci look, and looked fabulous! this is such a disaster!!

16. bb June 2, 2011 at 6:38 pm #

oh this is bad

17. Emi June 2, 2011 at 6:04 pm #

First of all I think that she’s very very beautiful, lucky girl… with such a grandmother… Then, I used to like her before, now that she attends more important and glamorous events I think that it shows that she hasn’t a great sense of style, but also she hasn’t that “wow factor”. The fit of this dress is terrible, I agree her shoulders seem really broad but I think it’s because of the wrong size. I dislike the length and all those creases… It’s another miss from her.

18. maria June 2, 2011 at 5:50 pm #

she is a beautiful girl, gorgeous face, but she has a very athletic body and does not dress it to the best results

• bibi June 3, 2011 at 10:15 am #

that’s it!!! She’s just a normal rich woman! And not super-model! like the other photo!
      Lucklily I’ve seen this woman near up!
      She really chic!
      maybe the photo is bad or she’s just haggered out!

19. dee June 2, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

This look doesn’t excite me as we have seen clothes from this collection before and more put together. It’s like the Spring D&G collection for me. Once you’ve seen one outfit you”ve seen them all.

20. Tiffany June 2, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

hot mess

21. Christine June 2, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

Shame she looks lifeless in this gorgeous outfit. I love the shoes and the tassles. The skirt could have done with some ironing and the shoulders do indeed look rather 80s.

22. DivaMom June 2, 2011 at 4:58 pm #

Just WHUCk is this?!?!?! Ewww…

23. Nia June 2, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

Wow, is this the same outfit J-Lo and Kerry Washington wore recently on separate occasions? They did it so much better justice.

• Fashion Critic June 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm #

it’s not the same dress

24. Incroyable June 2, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

She looks so disheveled. It looks like she’s wearing something from the Gap Kids collection, the size & fit are atrocious. Such a waste of good clothes