Menu

May 19, 2011

Beyonce Knowles’ “Run the World (Girls)” High Fashion Video Look By Look

Beyonce Knowles’ highly-anticipated music video for “Run the World (Girls)” made its debut last night in the US, and it was the fashion-packed extravaganza we were expecting.

Here is a rundown of her looks.

She starts of wearing a red Alexander McQueen Fall 2010 dress with gold embroidered detailing which she paired with Alexander McQueen Grinling Gibbons gold heeled thigh-high boots from the same collection.

For a neck breaking dance routine Beyonce dons a black Norma Kamali fringed number with a golden harness and a black bustier. I loved the fringed Alexander Wang heels with this look.

Next we get a look at the gorgeous Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture gown I spotted from a very grainy photo in the desert.

As water bathes Beyonce she looks ready for war wearing a black Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2011 Couture black number with cut-out details and a tailcoat.

The golden girl stomps her way through the next scene wearing an ultra short Gareth Pugh Fall 2011 turtleneck dress which she teams with some pretty spectacular gold mirrored Gareth Pugh ankle boots whilst a car is in flames in the background.

Beyonce wore an Emilio Pucci Spring 2010 yellow gold embroidered dress as she kicks off an energetic routine with her crew.  Sergio Rossi Gladiator boots with studs and feather details completed this look.

Next up was another Emilio Pucci gown, this time from the Fall 2011 collection.  The green goddess long sleeve gown with a slash detail, thigh-high split and a sequined sleeve must have been glued to her as she’s really dancing hard during this scene.

I’m sure many of you will be running hard to this track at the gym like I will.

Credit: Style.com

Penelope Cruz In Armani Privé - "Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" Madrid Premiere

Penelope Cruz In Armani Privé – “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” Madrid Premiere

Jo Whiley In Stella McCartney - Ivor Novello Awards

Jo Whiley In Stella McCartney – Ivor Novello Awards

78 Responses to Beyonce Knowles’ “Run the World (Girls)” High Fashion Video Look By Look

1. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

THIS WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME FC! I’m DYING! I just watched it! I LOVE HER!
    Sorry I’ll get back to normal soon but right now YASSSSSS Beyonce’s BACK and she looks fierce while doing it.

2. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

Love the McQueen, Gaultier and Gareth Pugh, so why does she insist on wearing them only for a few seconds each? The two Pucci dresses and the Kamali are so much less inspiring in comparison, yet she wears them for the majority of the video!

3. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

er, i meant “i don’t think this song will get played much BY ME 😛

that’s what i meant to say

4. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

Wow. The clothing was over the top amazing so was the dancing- I once read that Alexander McQueen said “It takes a lot of balls to approach a woman wearing my clothes” and I really sensed that here. For a video/song about power, she chose some very powerful looks, in this.

I don’t really listen to her, and I don’t think this song will get played much, but she def has a flair for showmanship. And her dancing is incredible.

5. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

I’ve got a deja vu with the Gareth Pugh look, I just thought it was JLo! she looks fierce with all the look. About the song… in the past she proved that she can do soooooo much beter 🙁

6. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

Despite her shout out to the college grads and moms, the real theme of this song is getting men to do what women want because they can’t resist our sex appeal. But I guess that’s to be expected from a woman who makes her living writhing on stage in practically nothing. Her voice is wasted in this song, and honestly, I thought the clothes and styling were awful.

7. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

love herrrrr <3 the video and the song are very beyonce. cant wait for more.

8. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

lol.. 😀

9. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

“I’m sure many of you will be running hard to this track at the gym like I will.”

After watching all those toned legs and arms? Yes, I’m off to the gym *now*. See you all later.

10. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

Wow what an awesome video !
    She looks fantastic. Shout out to her stylist Ty !

11. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

The music is a cheap copy of MIA music!! And the clothes i can’t see because i just can’t concentrate on anything when Beyonce is having such a numerous epileptic seizures!

12. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

OMG I feel so proud of myself, I spotted all the looks and the designers last night when I first watched the video :D. I was so mad that she RUINED the yellow Pucci dress by cutting the sides.
    Other than the clothes the video was a “Umm Gurl.. NO” for me.

13. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

Hehe. Agree! Beautiful strong clothing – i was really impressed 🙂

14. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

agreed. she has an actual talent when it comes to singing but insists on wasting it on crap like this. still a great video though

15. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

Nice video and dresses, shame about the song.

16. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

ORRIBLE!
    the music is just loud noise.

17. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

I have to co-sign what u say about the pucci look…it was her weakest getup

18. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

I think she totally botched the Pucci looks! She looks good -surprisingly- in Givenchy Couture! but my favorite is the JPG number!

19. Guest April 18, 2019 at 5:33 pm #

I love every single look…but that yellow is soooo beautiful against her skin tone.

20. Louise May 26, 2011 at 11:06 pm #

Man, videos keep getting more and more outrageous! (in a good way.) I love the choreography in this. Details, details…

21. Enygma2u May 24, 2011 at 3:30 pm #

Trying to figure out who did the bodysuit?

22. serenissima May 24, 2011 at 5:36 am #

the song is horrific and Beyonce managed to make every single outfit look cheap and tacky 🙁

23. basic instinct May 20, 2011 at 10:22 pm #

bey shut it down. the looks were flawless

24. Catarina May 20, 2011 at 10:00 am #

When I saw the golden one, i was like “hope nobody tries to hug her, because it will HURT!!!”. The only thing i like in the video (not talking about the clothes) is the dance at the beggining, because it’s from a mozambican dance group called Tofo Tofo. I feel really really proud because i’m Mozambican 😀

25. mikeijames May 20, 2011 at 7:55 am #

this video was enough to put me in a fashion COMA.

26. Treatment28 May 19, 2011 at 11:46 pm #

I loved the Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture gown with the hyena…Perfect!!

27. Francisco May 19, 2011 at 9:16 pm #

Tottaly loving the GP and JPG looks, but please.. if you´re going to dance like that.. so.. hoochy.. please dont ruin two beatifull dresses like the yellow and green Pucci.. it hurts my eyes just to watch it..

28. Emi May 19, 2011 at 9:15 pm #

When your music is meh you need to shift the attention somewhere else.

29. Spaxicle May 19, 2011 at 8:35 pm #

Does anyone know who are the designers for the white outfit Beyonce wore while on the horse and the long, black, dress-like trench coat in the middle of the video? I’ve been searching the net but I can’t seem to figure out who they are or which season they’re from.

• Jala May 20, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Todd Lynn Spring 2010 RTW

• Britt May 22, 2011 at 8:44 am #

Jala’s right. The all white outfit is Todd Lynn, and the trench coat is JP Gaultier.

Fun fact: In the scene w/the scarlet A. McQueen dress and the lion, everyone behind and around her was wearing clothes from her personal closet. Chanel, Balmain, McQueen, etc. Fierce.

30. Raquel May 19, 2011 at 8:16 pm #

• Fashion Critic May 19, 2011 at 8:22 pm #

lol.. 😀

31. nicole May 19, 2011 at 8:08 pm #

love herrrrr <3 the video and the song are very beyonce. cant wait for more.

32. pam May 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm #

33. Julie May 19, 2011 at 7:18 pm #

34. Giuseppi Giraffe May 19, 2011 at 5:53 pm #

• Giuseppi Giraffe May 19, 2011 at 5:54 pm #

er, i meant “i don’t think this song will get played much BY ME 😛

that’s what i meant to say

35. Paddy M May 19, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

36. LizLemooooon May 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm #

THIS WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME FC! I’m DYING! I just watched it! I LOVE HER!

37. Eloquence08 May 19, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

Love the song, love the looks. I think the song and wardrobe were edgy without being ridiculous (ahem…GAGA). The song had to grow on me, but is a typical “in your face” single that she usually releases for her new albums.

38. anne May 19, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Cue Kanye “I’m sorry but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time, of all time” :)). I still love that McQueen dress.

39. perfumeorpoison May 19, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

well i like the clothes, but that is the ONLY thing in this video that i like.
    tried watching the video on mute, it didn’t help – that choreography really does look like she’s having seizures.

40. Courteney May 19, 2011 at 2:49 pm #

Simply awesome!

41. Zoe May 19, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

Love the song and the video.I think she lost some weight,which is great.The only thing I dont like in this video is her hair.I used to love her hair,I dont know what happened.

42. Boodlz May 19, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

WOW loooved all the looks!!! Thank you for the info about who the designers were, especially those gold Gareth Pugh ankle boots, i was wondering who created them!

43. shubby doo May 19, 2011 at 2:12 pm #

I loooooove all her looks (but that compliment doesn’t extend to her crappy fried blonde hair)… can’t say the same about the song or the music video…both are uninspired trash. Wish she would stop trying to channel gaga by trying too hard to create an anthem…‘run the world’? pah! Jay-Z, Rihanna and Kanye handle the genre in her video a whole lot better with ‘run this town’…

44. Alina May 19, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

45. rawda May 19, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

• shubby doo May 19, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

I have to co-sign what u say about the pucci look…it was her weakest getup

46. Lisa May 19, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

ORRIBLE!
    the music is just loud noise.

47. Hermione Weasley May 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

Nice video and dresses, shame about the song.

• Kath May 19, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

Hehe. Agree! Beautiful strong clothing – i was really impressed 🙂

• Alexandra May 19, 2011 at 8:18 pm #

48. Incroyable May 19, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

Other than the clothes the video was a “Umm Gurl.. NO” for me.

49. Luis May 19, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

50. Kévin May 19, 2011 at 1:06 pm #

Wow what an awesome video !
    She looks fantastic. Shout out to her stylist Ty !