Menu

May 3, 2011 Runway To Red Carpet

Saoirse Ronan In Rodarte – 2011 Met Gala

Saoirse Ronan gave us something different to the gowns and mermaid hemlines at the 2011 Met Gala.

She opted to wear a Rodarte Fall 2011 look.

The red crepe collared jacket which drapes at the back was teamed with a red embroidered sequin skirt.

I wish she’d found better shoes to complement her look.

These silver Tabitha Simmons ‘Dixie’ heels aren’t working for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Hilary Rhoda In Alexander McQueen - 2011 Met Gala

Hilary Rhoda In Alexander McQueen – 2011 Met Gala

Alexa Chung In Christopher Kane - 2011 Met Gala

Alexa Chung In Christopher Kane – 2011 Met Gala

51 Responses to Saoirse Ronan In Rodarte – 2011 Met Gala

1. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

love it, exsept shoes

2. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

love it, exsept shoes

3. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Beautiful dress that doesn’t work for her. It certainly doesn’t help that her posing is awkward.

4. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Ugly shoes that complements the ugly dress. The dress is too long. The fit is too big, and the bottom of it looks like Christmas wrapping paper.

5. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

I don’t like this. The hair, the shoes…it’s all a mess

6. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

I may be harsh but it’s just nooooo!!!

7. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Ugly.

8. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Not a fan of this. I really don’t like Rodarte anyway. The shoes don’t even go with the dress.

9. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

with different shoes and some black makeup around the eyes, i think this might have worked.

10. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Great colour but this looks way too mature for her and too big

11. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

I liked it because it was bold and it was from Rodarte Fall 2011 (one of my favorite seasons from them), but I didn’t notice the shoes. What a let down.

12. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Great color on her. I think it would have been better if the dress were a floor-length gown.
    And for some reason hers doesn’t look at vibrant as the one on the runway.

13. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

The dress seems too big for her and it’s rather disappointing as the dress is lovely on the model.

My initial reaction to her shoes was “Ugh!”

14. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Jen has read my mind, as well. This is one of the most beautiful dresses of the collection, but it’s so lifeless on Saoirse, which is a pity. I really wish it looked good on her.

15. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

I doubt it could’ve looked great on her, ’cause she doesn’t have the height to pull it off. Noticed how it looks much better on Karlie Kloss since she’s a lot taller? Also, the shoulders look so cool and spiky on the runway, yet they just hang on Saorise. not a good look at all.

16. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

it looks so fierce on the model & so blah on saoirse. from all the shoes that celebs get access to, how could one possibly chose a pair like THAT? it never stops boggling my mind

17. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Love the lines of the dress. It would be nice if she changed the hair and shoes though!

18. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

I agree about the shoes. I loved the dress on her though! A nice contrast to most of the other gowns.

19. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Her hair and make-up are too casual and – as everyone already stated – the shoes are dreadful. She seems too young and not statuesque enough to pull off this fabulous dress.

20. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

I agree with Pam, the dress seems too big, plus I would have kept the original length, and the shoes are awful, awful! To me is almost a miss. Rodarte is difficult to pull off and she didn’t.

21. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

22. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Saoirse deserves credit for the try, but to my eye, she simply does not have the presence for this look. It’s a case of the clothing wearing (and overwhelming) the person here. From the hair to the shoulders and down, everything appears droopy, and even her stance is tentative – this dress calls for assertion.

23. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

This dress falls completely flat on the lovely Saoirse – too bad!

24. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Awesome! Very refreshing to see someone wearing something different than huge gowns.

25. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Oh my lordie this has made my day. Aside from the shoes obv. A fellow Irish girl wearing Rodarte!! I didn’t think it possible. Gives me something to dream for.

26. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

The runway version is so dramatic and this one looks so blah. I don’t have any idea what happened, but something got really lost in the translation.

27. Lou May 4, 2011 at 6:54 pm #

Great colour but this looks way too mature for her and too big

28. KateS May 4, 2011 at 2:35 am #

29. dee May 3, 2011 at 6:55 pm #

30. Alina May 3, 2011 at 5:33 pm #

Ugly.

31. Megan May 3, 2011 at 4:28 pm #

I may be harsh but it’s just nooooo!!!

32. Lucía May 3, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

I don’t like this. The hair, the shoes…it’s all a mess

33. mochababe73 May 3, 2011 at 11:50 am #

34. Vera May 3, 2011 at 11:31 am #

35. Voguette May 3, 2011 at 11:04 am #

love it, exsept shoes

36. Sharon May 3, 2011 at 10:41 am #

37. Jennifer L May 3, 2011 at 9:24 am #

38. Sophia May 3, 2011 at 7:17 am #

39. mol May 3, 2011 at 7:01 am #

This dress falls completely flat on the lovely Saoirse – too bad!

40. Carolina May 3, 2011 at 6:56 am #

41. Emi May 3, 2011 at 6:45 am #

42. Christine May 3, 2011 at 6:41 am #

43. Kaylie May 3, 2011 at 5:20 am #

44. PamG May 3, 2011 at 5:15 am #

45. jen May 3, 2011 at 4:59 am #

• fashionrookie May 3, 2011 at 2:09 pm #

”it looks so fierce on the model & so blah on saoirse”
      lol
      it’s like you completely read my mind. I though this too, in the exact same words 🙂

• Terry May 3, 2011 at 3:35 pm #

• fashionrookie May 3, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

46. Pam May 3, 2011 at 4:49 am #

My initial reaction to her shoes was “Ugh!”

47. ME May 3, 2011 at 4:42 am #

And for some reason hers doesn’t look at vibrant as the one on the runway.

48. kimi May 3, 2011 at 4:33 am #