Menu

May 3, 2011 Runway To Red Carpet

Liv Tyler In Givenchy Couture – 2011 Met Gala

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Liv Tyler diverged from Stella McCartney to wear Givenchy Couture for this year’s 2011 Met Gala.

Liv looked beautiful wearing Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture gown.

The white and yellow ombre tulle gown has quilted and appliquéd motifs and ostrich feathers at the hem.

A yellow satin Givenchy clutch and Van Cleef & Arpels jewels completed her look.

Despite seeing similar looks on Carine Carine Roitfeld and Beyonce Knowles, this look is perfect for this event.

I do wish she had done something different with her hair though.

Keri Hilson In Atelier Versace - 2011 Met Gala

Keri Hilson In Atelier Versace – 2011 Met Gala

Ashley Greene In Donna Karan - 2011 Met Gala

Ashley Greene In Donna Karan – 2011 Met Gala

54 Responses to Liv Tyler In Givenchy Couture – 2011 Met Gala

1. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

Awesome. Perfect for the met. Yeah, she could have done something crazier w/ the hair, but overall, perfection.

2. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

Just ok. It doesn’t amaze me at all.

3. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

this should have been on the best dressed list. this is parisian evening chic at it’s best: glossy hair, invisible make up and and form-fitting to die for gown. all the other just look SO DOLLED UP. especially diane kruger, who tries ever so hard ALL THE TIME. every time i see her it’s like she’s spent hours playing with her mum’s make up and jewelry box…

4. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

I’m glad Liv does not have the head dress and fishnet

5. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

beautiful, stunning, amazing. She took my breath away. And I actually like the fact that the hair is understyled. Love the yellow clutch,

6. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

this is the best this collection has looked out of the studio where the runway pictures were taken%Pr

7. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

My honest ot god instant reaction was a huge intake of breath and covering my mouth wiht my hand. She looks BEYOND! I never hide my complete and utter undyign adoration of her, and I have certainly in recen ttimes been calling out for her to wear Givenchy once mre, so now that she has I am beyond elated. OH MY GOD she is stunnign, and this dress just reflects that. I love her hair with this, it makes it softer, which I like. I think this, really and truly, has more than made up for the lacklustre red carpet. Honestly I think she looks better than Cate Blanchett did at the oscars. (this is probably just infatuation, and a shock to the system). BDOTY for me. EASILY! 🙂

8. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

my favourite!

9. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

Love!

10. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

Perfect elf princess

11. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

I am not getting the impact from this look. I don’t know nothing seems off but something just isn’t exciting me.

12. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

She looks so incredible. Easily, for me, the best dressed, she HAS to be in the who was best dressed at the met gala poll! I’ve been going on crazily about how much I wanted to see her in Givenchy again, and I certainly don’t regret it now that she has.

13. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

She looks absolutely amazing. Gorgeous dress, gorgeous hair, perfect accessories. I suppose there will be a poll for the Met Gala, but just in case: I’d love to see this in the BDOTW poll!

14. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

Definitely most appropriately dressed for this event! Even though it isn’t McQueen, I feel most of the other dresses that were worn to the event were a bit tame. This perfectly embodies the spirit of ‘Savage Beauty’. She looks stunning!

15. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

This was one of my favorites of the night. I love that she played up the yellow in the hem with her clutch. I might have preferred an updo, but I still think she looks spectacular.

16. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

MET 2011 BEST DRESSED

17. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

J’adore, from the top of her luxuriant chocolate tresses to the feathered sunshine at her feet. Edgy and elegant. I haven’t been this blown away by Liv on the red carpet since … well, I can’t remember when. Only when she played Arwen in the LOTR trilogy has she looked more beautiful.

18. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

She looks breathtaking…. Best dressed for sure!

19. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

Definitely best dressed!!!

20. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

My favourite! almost wish she had worn the hat!

21. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

FINALLY! Someone comes close to doing that collection justice. I’m surprised she of all people did but kudos.

22. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

hey fc,
    Can you do best and worst dressed?

pls

23. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

Probably my favourite of this event.

24. Guest April 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

I died…I think this is the best Liv Tyler I’ve ever seen. She has that tall, petite statue that give her a very poetic vibe. And this romantic dress is absolutely perfect for her. I also love her hair, so silky like a fairy, although I wouldn’t complain about an updo.

25. Amethyst May 11, 2011 at 6:28 am #

I’m glad Liv does not have the head dress and fishnet

26. eva May 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm #

27. Raquel May 4, 2011 at 5:57 am #

Just ok. It doesn’t amaze me at all.

28. hally May 4, 2011 at 2:42 am #

29. Ariel May 4, 2011 at 1:52 am #

Love her yellow clutch. Not liking this dress.

30. Lucía May 3, 2011 at 10:57 pm #

I agree about the her. I really like the dress though

31. mochababe73 May 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm #

I like that this is not some boring ball gown. It’s outside of the box and far from safe.
    I was just a little jarred by seeing bare breasts on the model.

32. LizLemooooon May 3, 2011 at 6:38 pm #

33. Lee Ann May 3, 2011 at 5:19 pm #

My favourite! almost wish she had worn the hat!

34. Elisa May 3, 2011 at 5:08 pm #

Definitely best dressed!!!

35. E May 3, 2011 at 4:48 pm #

She looks breathtaking…. Best dressed for sure!

36. CreoleLady May 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

my favourite!

45. Hannah May 3, 2011 at 3:07 pm #

46. Thomas Monks May 3, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

47. cindy May 3, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

48. jeremyrain May 3, 2011 at 2:42 pm #

49. Christine May 3, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

Probably my favourite of this event.

50. sweetjess98 May 3, 2011 at 2:35 pm #

hey fc,
    Can you do best and worst dressed?

pls