Menu

April 25, 2011 Runway To Red Carpet

Fan Bing Bing In Tadashi Shoji – First Beijing International Film Festival

Fan Bing Bing was also present for the opening night of the First Beijing International Film Festival.

She took a surprisingly sombre turn on the red carpet, donning this long-sleeved black dress from Tadashi Shoji’s Fall 2011 collection.

The actress wore her hair slicked back into a high ponytail and kept her makeup light, save for a slick of winged black eyeliner.

She carried a mini gold clutch and added a pair of patent leather platform heels.

Unfortunately I don’t think this is such a good look for Fan.

The dress definitely needed some exciting accessories to bring it to life.

Whilst she’s wearing a gold cuff and a square cocktail ring, I wish she would have chosen an amazing statement necklace instead – like the way the dress was presented on the runway.

This may have changed this look completely.

Some of you guys asked her to tone things down, but I think she took it a step too far.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Beyonce Knowles In Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant, Balmain & Roland Mouret

Beyonce Knowles In Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant, Balmain & Roland Mouret

Jessica Alba In L.A.M.B. - “The Every Girl’s Guide to Life" Book Launch

Jessica Alba In L.A.M.B. – “The Every Girl’s Guide to Life” Book Launch

28 Responses to Fan Bing Bing In Tadashi Shoji – First Beijing International Film Festival

1. tomi April 27, 2011 at 3:45 am #

no your are wrong
    believe it or not
    i’m chinese and i know she is actually pale without makeup

2. tomi April 27, 2011 at 3:38 am #

FC.i’m chinese and love your web very much .
    and could it be said that every L’Oreal will be attend Cannes???
    it’ seems that she go to Cannes with the film My Way that will be release in amerian

but there are serval L’Oreal girl but only Fan bingbing attend Cannes last year . could you tell.me that is why

3. ohno April 26, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

No matter what she wears, I think her over-powdered face look spoils it. She has a nice face, has worn some really nice fashion pieces, but it’s always that too powdery gotta-pile-on-the-flour look that somehow lets it down and makes it look boring even. Not fresh at all. Less powder is more, Bingbing.

4. Sophia April 26, 2011 at 9:04 am #

I think it’s nice to see her wearing something that is a bit, well, plain. I adore the light makeup on her, she really is a natural beauty.

5. tomi April 26, 2011 at 8:01 am #

FC i’ big fan of Fan Bingbing because she always bring us perfect and stunning look whenever we see her
    i extremly wan to know you idea about her.
    and it’s reported by Chinese medium that fan bingbing will attend the Cannes film festival .
    let us looking forward it

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 9:54 am #

She is a L’Oreal girl so yes she will be attending every year until her contract with L’Oreal runs out

• Renee April 28, 2011 at 11:59 pm #

She will go to Cannes film festival with one of her films this year. the same as last year

6. Sue Jin April 26, 2011 at 7:11 am #

Boring. Can she not find middle ground in between having too much fun with wigs and the Fan Bing Bing that we all fell in love with?

7. Bella April 26, 2011 at 5:27 am #

Beautiful,sometimes change the style is looks great .besides ,Chinese likes natural,it’s looks clean, i think she is smart.

8. Lewis April 26, 2011 at 5:25 am #

I have to say the picture is not so good,bacause the dress on its back is Stunning,and fan’s left hand weared a Bracelet,and a golden Handbag in her hand,but i can’t see them from the picture,

9. Renee April 26, 2011 at 5:08 am #

Actually, this is an amazing look. u don’t like it because u didn’t watch the video seeing how elegant she is and how surprising her back is.

10. Alina April 26, 2011 at 4:54 am #

I love this look because we get to see a beautiful women in a beautiful dress looking simply stunning.

11. KateS April 26, 2011 at 2:50 am #

I’m sure it was stunning from the back, and I like that she kept the look clean, but big earrings would have been a nice touch.

12. Annie April 26, 2011 at 2:19 am #

It took me over an hour to find out who she was wearing for my blog post! Sifted through thousands of runway pics! lol Do you just have all the designer dresses memorized or do you have a special fashion program that finds out for you? Sorry if it’s a stupid question, but I always have a really hard time finding out the designers because Asian media never bothers to ask them who they are wearing -__-

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 9:59 am #

Style.com or NYMag.com study them, learn what the designers have created. Styles, colours, prints, fabrics.

It’s not hard if you are passionate enough about it.

I look at Style.com every day before I start blogging.

13. Zoe April 26, 2011 at 2:01 am #

Love this dress.You need to see the back of it.

14. Amber April 25, 2011 at 11:16 pm #

Beautiful! I’m glad she kept the look sleek and unadorned. The runway necklace just distracts from the dress itself.

15. Hannah April 25, 2011 at 10:12 pm #

Fan’s losing it. She hasn’t looked jaw-dropping in ages. My fingers are crossed for the next few days, which i wouldn’t expect of Fan.

16. Lina April 25, 2011 at 9:37 pm #

I agree, but the dress was quite amazing from the back, seeing as it was backless. Jazzed up the look some. 🙂

17. June April 25, 2011 at 9:08 pm #

The dress is amazing if from the back. It’s simple but beautiful.

18. mochababe73 April 25, 2011 at 7:43 pm #

She looks like Morticia Adams. It needed a little oomph. I don’t like the runway necklace, but she really needed one.

19. Tamia April 25, 2011 at 6:56 pm #

This is SO boring for Fan!we know she is capable of SO much better,the only dress like this I would’ve ever put her in,in this style is that stunning Andrew Gn dress Eva Mendes wore to the Tornto film fest

20. yvett April 25, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

Actually, I quite like the look. The dress is amazing if from the back, I guess because of the backless design, Fan kept accessories to the minimum, so that the attention is all on the back.

Anyways, I think she pulled it off quite well. =)

21. Dora April 25, 2011 at 6:00 pm #

Actually, I like it. It’s something very different from Fan Bing Bing. It’s simple but beautiful.

22. Rebecca April 25, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

She kind of looks like she might pull the dress off and go for a run!

23. dee April 25, 2011 at 5:30 pm #

I agree FC. She needed that necklace or something similar. This is very bland.

24. GusMex April 25, 2011 at 5:07 pm #