Menu

March 27, 2011

Keira Knightley In Rodarte – 2011 Jameson Empire Awards

Keira Knightley attended the 2011 Jameson Empire Awards in London tonight, where she was honored with the “Empire Hero Award.”

We’ve known Keira so long, that we know that she only has two “go-to” designers for big events.

Chanel and Rodarte.

On this occasion she opted for a Rodarte Spring 2011 look.

Her nude embellished dress with cold shoulders, ruffled trims and a Peter Pan collar was styled with black pumps.

Thankfully I’m so interested in the many features of her dress, that I can almost pretend that the black pumps are not really happening.

Is this a BDOTW contender for you?

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Jamie Chung in Giambattista Valli

Best Dressed Of The Week – Jamie Chung in Giambattista Valli

Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Jennifer Lopez or Fan Bing Bing

Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Jennifer Lopez or Fan Bing Bing

49 Responses to Keira Knightley In Rodarte – 2011 Jameson Empire Awards

1. Ayesha March 30, 2011 at 7:48 am #

i really like it…it might not have been a good look for most of the people but definitely works for keira.BDOTW worthy look.

2. lauren March 29, 2011 at 6:12 am #

yuck. just a big overall yuck.

3. Yvette March 29, 2011 at 2:22 am #

She has no body what so ever to fill out this dress. Plus she’s giving no life to it with that bland yogurt look on her face.

4. sonia March 28, 2011 at 10:52 pm #

WDOTW without contest!

5. mochababe73 March 28, 2011 at 10:48 pm #

With the exception of the cold shoulders, I actually like the dress.
    Her shoe choice, no way.

6. Pablo March 28, 2011 at 9:25 pm #

I would’ve never thought people were going to hate this that much! I kinda like it!

True that it’s a little ill fitting around the bust, but come on, Christina Hendricks has too much and Keira too little? I’ve never been fond of throwing down a look for things like that unless it’s a real bad choice someone made for not understanding their own body…

Other than that, I think the dress is really interesting, original and fresh. Sorry but I still love Ms. Knightley! 🙂

7. karen March 28, 2011 at 7:58 pm #

I actuallly think this dress is cute on her.

8. ShoeGal March 28, 2011 at 7:18 pm #

Def not a BDOTW contender for me. I love the shoulders of this dress but that’s about it. Maybe her posture is what’s ruining it or the fact that the fit makes her body look off. Paired with her matronly hair do and boring makeup it just does nothing for me.

9. Emma March 28, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

i love keira and she usually looks amazing at any events, but here i don’t think the dress is doing her justice. –it’s drowning her slightly which is a shame. if it was shorter it would look better, but it is too shapeless on her small frame. overall she still looks beautiful though.

10. gorgeous Spice March 28, 2011 at 6:41 pm #

I HATE HER POUT. WHY DOES SHE DO THAT ALL THE TIME

• Naomi March 28, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

I can’t be sure, but I think she has an overbite, and that’s why she looks as if she’s always pouting.

11. JJovana3 March 28, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

Top is extremely unflattering, especially around chest. So no, not a BFOTW. Definitely not.

12. Naomi March 28, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

Terrible fit. Should be worn by a taller woman, because here the proportions are so very unflattering.

• Barbara March 28, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

Totally agree.

PS- And I absolutely adore Keira but here its not working for me 🙁

13. heather March 28, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

The ruffled cold shoulders, the collar, the poor fit, the banded odd length sleeves, the other ruffles attached at odd places-the dress is a mess and she is doing the best she can with it. And I don’t need to mention the shoes.

But no, not BDOTW, unless it’s a completely empty week.

14. Adler March 28, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

She looks good, the dress is very beautiful, and except for the black pumps, she wears it very well.

15. nicky March 28, 2011 at 9:36 am #

not a very flattering look…keira’s gorgeous in the first place but the makeup and dress washes her out. the fit is totally off as well around the chest area…she looks lifeless

16. ayishaa March 28, 2011 at 9:15 am #

Once again this is is a dress with poor fitting. The whole look wears me out.

17. Saara March 28, 2011 at 8:42 am #

NO not a BTOTW contender. The dress is droopy and frumpy. The shoes are, as someone said, least of her problems.

18. Ally March 28, 2011 at 7:22 am #

It does make her look as if she has pecs rather than boobs… :S

19. Marina March 28, 2011 at 6:48 am #

Is this a BDOTW contender for you?

Not really hahahah

20. Emi March 28, 2011 at 6:38 am #

Not BDOTW contender, because it fits her very bad in a very important “zone”… I noticed at once and it really bothers me. Also, I don’t like all the rest… shoes, hair and make up (well, the lack of make-up). Bad look.

21. Victor March 28, 2011 at 4:30 am #

I don’t like the dress and I hate the pumps. Not BDOTW in my opinion

22. gowsey March 28, 2011 at 3:48 am #

I love the dress – but it just doesn’t fit her well at all, her shoes aren’t working, but my biggest complaint is that she looks so bored and drab. Her makeup and hair are far too plain and with the combination of her nude dress she looks very washed out. NO WAY a BDOTW.

23. Liana March 28, 2011 at 3:24 am #

What shoes would you have put with the dress?

24. pipsqueak March 28, 2011 at 2:59 am #

I really don’t get Keira’s appeal. Not particularly impressed with her red carpet or street looks. And when she grins, she has ‘fangs.’ Having said that, I know that she has a big following, so I’d be happy to see her wear my favorite designers to give them publicity. I like this dress and it suits her actually. But her hair is lackluster and the pumps … (sigh).

25. Ethne Blist March 28, 2011 at 2:44 am #

This is NOT a BDOTW for me. She looks like she just got up. That “effortless” which often just means ‘I actually don’t care” is full force here.

• currygirl March 28, 2011 at 5:07 pm #

I agree! She really does look like she just got up (granted I WISH I looked like THAT when I got up ;-))! I often want to scrub her face clean and put her in some winged eyeliner and red lippy. But not in this outfit…this outfit is won’t look good with any kind of makeup.

26. Jen March 28, 2011 at 2:41 am #

this is not really doing it for me. I find myself wondering if I might like it better if she posed differently or otherwise worked to sell the look, but I’m feeling nothing right now.

27. Marlie March 28, 2011 at 2:29 am #

I don’t like it. It doesn’t fit her properly and the style is a bit off. I think if it was sleeveless and a tighter fit I might of liked it more.

28. Sarah NZ March 28, 2011 at 2:15 am #

I really don’t like the fit around the torso, the shoes are a fail and I am concerned about how the collar looks grubby. Also, why have a collar? Surely the cutout shoulders are enough.

29. katch March 28, 2011 at 1:48 am #

pretty sure she’s done better

30. Alicat March 28, 2011 at 1:34 am #

This dress is very odd-looking. The Peter Pan collar and shirt-like front does not go with the shoulder design. On top of that, it makes her look as flat as a tack and the sleeves are uneven lengths.

• Nat39 March 28, 2011 at 5:02 am #

My first thought – the collar and the cut-out shoulders don’t go together. Plus the ruffled trims, unflattering length, awkward fit ( what a horrribly designed dress!), the color that washes her out and the saggy boobs. The black pumps are truly the least of her problems!
      I’d put her on my WORST dressed list.

31. Ariel March 28, 2011 at 1:12 am #

The dress looks like it’s hanging on her. Not the best fit. Neck up, she looks beautiful. Hate the black pumps with the dress too!

32. Cara March 28, 2011 at 1:09 am #

I love the collar and sleeves but the detail around the waist ruins it. She looks frumpy. Also as mentioned by others, the boob thing looks very strange

33. shap_half March 28, 2011 at 12:58 am #

There’s some fit issues here, and her proportions look weird. I don’t like this, and i don’t think it should be considered for BDOTW

34. Hannah March 28, 2011 at 12:55 am #

I think it is ok, but I am not really that bgi a fan of it. I hate the fit/ the boob thing that is going on, I don’t really love the colour, I think it is a little 80’s, and dare I say, cheap looking. I detest the black pumps, I let them slide in that gorgeous pearl chanel, but no more! I also dislike that she only wears, really, chanel and rodarte (and erdem, sometimes), as much as I love ehr in them, particularly Chanel. She never really seems to do anything THAT groundbreaking anymore, and she is the perfect person to do it all, she is gorgeous, has a great body that can pull of many different styles, and has great contacts and fashion power.

• Fashion Critic March 28, 2011 at 1:05 am #

Now that you guys have mentioned the boob issue, I’m really bothered by it too

• mol March 28, 2011 at 1:33 am #

I suspected that people were going to find the fit in the boob area problematic, but because i liked this at first glance, I wanted to stick with that initial pleasure and not pick it apart……pity…..

35. moja31 March 28, 2011 at 12:53 am #

boring shoes are the least of her problems, she looks simply ridiculous. she’s completely washed out, the fit is terrible, and her makeup and hair are nonexistent. on the plus side, it’s not just her that i hate this on; i actually can’t imagine anyone that would look good in this.

• molly March 28, 2011 at 2:08 am #

Im with you 100% on this.

36. Hisadora March 28, 2011 at 12:30 am #

She has an exquisite beauty. I don’t even notice the black pumps. BDOTW contender for sure! Her make up and hair are flawless as usual 🙂

37. Luis Santos March 28, 2011 at 12:14 am #

Very stranger on the “boobs zone”!! Even thought she doesn’t have boobs the dress make it appears she have a droopy and flat tits…

• Pati March 28, 2011 at 12:42 pm #

Totally agree! And what posed to wear black pumps with it??? I love the fabric of this dress, but the fit and styling are horrible!

38. mol March 28, 2011 at 12:08 am #

I’m sure others will find elements to criticise in this, but for me, aside from details (perhaps the fit, or the shoes, etc), I love it – that is my first off reaction and I’m gonna stay with that – so yes to this being a potential BDOTW….

• proffesor dootle March 28, 2011 at 6:01 pm #

I on the other hand strongly disagree with this. although keira knightley is an extremely attractive individual this dress does not do her justice. I think she looks like she belongs as a late 1800’s British maid.

39. Hermione Weasley March 27, 2011 at 11:59 pm #

I don’t think I would have liked this dress on anyone but her. Shame about the shoes, though.