Menu

February 26, 2011 Runway To Red Carpet

Diane Kruger In Chanel – 2011 Cesar Film Awards

Diane Kruger and Chanel are a fashion match made in heaven.

The German actress took to the red carpet at the 2011 Cesar Film Awards in Paris last night wearing a Chanel Fall 2011 Couture dress.

Her sheer black and gold embroidered dress was teamed with her favourite Gucci Kelis suede & python ankle-strap platform sandals which she’s worn on the red carpet a few times recently.

As always Diane is oozing pure perfection with minimal effort.

I love her wavy locks.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Gianfranco Ferre Fall 2011

Gianfranco Ferre Fall 2011

Blumarine Fall 2011

Blumarine Fall 2011

28 Responses to Diane Kruger In Chanel – 2011 Cesar Film Awards

1. The Dame February 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm #

I wish she’d worn it without the bolero

2. kim February 27, 2011 at 8:04 am #

omg this dress is awful

• geisha March 2, 2011 at 9:39 am #

Amen!

3. Shaina February 26, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

I’m not really liking this on her. I want to, but something just doesn’t seem right.

4. Leah February 26, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

I really think the dress looks better on Magdelena (the model), I don’t think the hair and shoes go well with the dress…

5. mochababe73 February 26, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

I don’t like the dress. Didn’t like it on the runway. Don’t like it on Diane. It’s just not figure flattering at all. It doesn’t give her a shape.

6. KateS February 26, 2011 at 9:37 am #

She’s worn this sort of empire-line, mid calf shape a couple of times recently, and it’s very tough to pull off, even for her. Plus the fit seems off here, which is something I don’t think I’ve ever seen on her before.
    She’s still beautiful, and the dress is beautiful, but I don’t think it’s one of her best.

• Kristen February 27, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

I noticed that too about her wearing this dress silhouette a lot recently. I’m starting to wonder if maybe she is trying to camoflage the first hints of a baby bump?

~ Kristen

• KateS February 27, 2011 at 10:41 pm #

I was thinking that too! Haven’t there been reports that she and JJ have started wearing matching rings?

7. Emi February 26, 2011 at 9:17 am #

I don’t know if I like it, there’s something about this dress I don’t like, maybe the fit, or her pose. Also I’m not a fan of those sandals, the feet are too “naked”. She looks gorgeous as always, but I think this is not one of her best looks.

8. Jones19 February 26, 2011 at 8:46 am #

The length is very unflattering…

9. Lily February 26, 2011 at 7:04 am #

How does she always do it? I should be bored of her, but I’m not!

10. Vibes February 26, 2011 at 6:33 am #

Disagree. The dress looks fabulous on the runway. But Diane looks like she’s wearing a sack.

11. Megan February 26, 2011 at 5:34 am #

Diane looks great. One of my favorite things about her is that she repeats footwear so much! She effortlessly blends fresh clothing and recycled shoes in a way that makes her seem fabulous AND down to earth. (It helps that the shoes she frequents are so classic and go well with everything).

12. mol February 26, 2011 at 5:29 am #

I don’t know if you have closed your BDOTW yet, but this hits a homerun for me……

13. Meenakshi February 26, 2011 at 4:55 am #

Usually I get her looks..this one not so much!

14. nicky February 26, 2011 at 4:36 am #

i think the fit is off for this dress but diane still looks absolutely gorgeous. this dress is beautifully designed and not easy to carry off as well…diane give justice to this dress.

15. niya February 26, 2011 at 3:57 am #

wow i love this – she looks amazing and j’adore her hair. i want it!

16. Jimmy February 26, 2011 at 3:26 am #

I think that she usually looks beautiful but this has to be one of the most unflattering dresses I have ever seen.. The hair, the shoes …nothing works here. I hate that I feel that way…

• sonia February 27, 2011 at 7:25 pm #

but you’re right it’s a mess!!!!!

17. Luiza February 26, 2011 at 2:56 am #

i’m not sure about this look. maybe i should see another angle

18. Tahj February 26, 2011 at 2:48 am #

I agree. Diane Kruger wears Chanel better than anyone. Anyway, make a post for Jodie Foster. She was there and hosted. She looked great. represent some of the actresses who look nice but have something going on besides showing up at events in clothes (Alexis Bledel, Kate Bosworth, Diane Kruger)

• Fashion Critic February 26, 2011 at 2:53 am #

thanks for your message, but I will continue to feature those I wish to feature

• Tahj February 26, 2011 at 6:46 am #

No problem. Didn’t mean to be rude. Just making suggestions. I thought maybe you take requests. lol. Sorry. I just would have loved to see some of the other elegant actresses from this same event. Like Kristin Scott Thomas as well. But Diane Kruger is a fashionista.

• Elena February 26, 2011 at 10:26 am #

Vanessa Paradis can wears Chanel better than anyone else!!!!!
          and I agree with you Tahj’s for the rest!!! even if I love soooooo much this blog!!!

• Tahj February 26, 2011 at 6:41 pm #

okay elena, Vanessa Paradis wears Chanel amazingly well too. I forgot about her. I like her Oscar looks with Johnny Depp. She always looks so cool and vintage Chanel.

19. ShoeTease February 26, 2011 at 2:43 am #

Her whole look is flawless! Love those shoes ­čÖé

xo ShoeTease

20. La:Dolce:Vita Fashion Fix February 26, 2011 at 2:39 am #

Wow wow Diane.. I can’t believe someone wore this.. Diane is beautiful but I’m sorry to say this ages her a lot.