Menu

January 17, 2011 Runway To Red Carpet

Scarlett Johansson In Elie Saab – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Single & Fabulous Award
Before I end this portion of tonight’s 2011 Golden Globe Awards red carpet coverage, I wanted to end on a high, a very Elie high.

Scarlett Johansson made my dreams come true was to see at least one Elie Saab gown on the red carpet tonight.

She wore a romantic pale peach gown with floral appliqué and embroidery details, but she opted out of wearing the ribbon around her waist.

Her look was perfected with a 50s voluminous updo which was accented with a jeweled hairpin.

More to follow tomorrow…

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Michelle Williams In Valentino - 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Michelle Williams In Valentino – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Mila Kunis In Vera Wang - 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Mila Kunis In Vera Wang – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

40 Responses to Scarlett Johansson In Elie Saab – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

1. Bluebell January 18, 2011 at 8:32 pm #

Beautiful dress but more suited for Helen Mirren or Reese Witherspoon than Scarlett.

2. asherlev1 January 17, 2011 at 6:18 pm #

Someone over at gofugyourself.com made a really insighful comment – this is something Helen Mirren could have totally rocked.

3. Alina January 17, 2011 at 4:36 pm #

I love this dress. Very ethereal.

4. cindy January 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

Lol, this was the dress I had mentally picked for Sandra Bullock! I was glad to see somebody else wearing it though! Beautiful gown in my opinion.

5. justme January 17, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

I love Scarlett, I love Elie and yet. It’s too simple. She should’ve kept the ribbon and even then, something would’ve still been missing for me.
    And the hair, guuuurl…

6. Leti January 17, 2011 at 12:54 pm #

I was not a fan of this look at all. Her hair was awful and looked like it was inspired by the bride of Frankenstein (especially in profile). I would have loved this dress on some taller and less curvy, someone like Cameron Diaz. On Scarlett, I just felt that it overwhelmed her, probably because the sleeves. I also think that the color washed her out. I’m not really a fan of all these nude dresses on blonde women–I think they look better on a brunette.

7. Carolina January 17, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

I loved the hair.

8. bb January 17, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

I think the dress aged her. And she certainly need the runway belt. I feel like something is just missing

9. D January 17, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

floating like a dream 🙂

10. Marvel January 17, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

The hair ruined the look and I found myself so bored when i looked at her on the Red Carpet. She’s lost that flair and I was hoping that after her divorce she was gonna be bring back the GORGEOUS gowns. Guess not

• Mia January 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

totally agree. i wrote the same thing but i dont see my comment anywhere….

11. Lisa January 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

LOVE IT! Classic, classy, romantic, flattering and sexy all rolled into 1 dress. I think the sleeves make this gown and I think not wearing the belt was the right call, it doesn’t need the belt. It would have cut her in have. Her hair…I didn’t not love but she pulled it off. A+++

12. A January 17, 2011 at 11:18 am #

She looks stunning as usual! Don’t get the hair hate, it was fresh and suited her face. Easily my favourite, alongside Olivia Wilde! <3

13. Vidhya January 17, 2011 at 10:41 am #

Her hair looks so weird and the dress needed the belt..

14. nicky January 17, 2011 at 9:21 am #

dress is beautiful but it doesnt quite translate as well on red carpet. scarlett looks a bit frumpy in it…someone taller wouldve looked more elegant. her hair also looks very matronly =\

15. gossip_bangkok January 17, 2011 at 8:30 am #

Beautiful dress, on a gorgeous woman. I wish she had kept the gold ribbon, however, maybe it is better that it has been.

16. Jones19 January 17, 2011 at 7:56 am #

One of my favorite looks of the night. Super romantic.

17. Naff January 17, 2011 at 7:53 am #

For some reason Ms. ScarJo doesnt sell this dress to me. I wish she had kept the belt and reduced the length of sleeves by 3 to 4 inches because her arms looks short and that doesnt look flattering. She looks beautiful but i dont think this is her style. I still like you SacrJo. 🙂

18. Tahj January 17, 2011 at 6:27 am #

It looks way better on the runway model. She’s too short and thick to pull this off without it looking too much. And the hair should be worn down like the model too. Why does she insist on wearing those weird hairdos at award ceremonies?

19. Jennifer A. January 17, 2011 at 6:23 am #

I was not a fan of this on Scar. Jo. I think it could have used a belt of some kind and the sleeves should have been shortened. Also, this picture doesn’t truly capture how heinous her hair was. Hair was off for many stars tonight.

• chryssa January 17, 2011 at 10:17 am #

I couldn’t agree more!!!

20. Mia January 17, 2011 at 5:05 am #

nice bead work on the dress, but her stylist messed up big time. hair was awful and the color on this dress is not for her. she just got divorced, she needs to spice it up, not look like a pale grandma.

21. molly January 17, 2011 at 4:46 am #

love the dress, hate the hair. Im so glad that someone wore this dress. Its to pretty! I like the hair from the front but its too much from the side. Other than that, perfection!

22. Katie January 17, 2011 at 4:23 am #

It’s too heavy…no? She seems too short for it too.

Also, this particular picture doesn’t show it, but what is up with her Bride of Frankenstein hair?????????? See it from the side and it’s just ridiculous.

Could. Not. Believe. it was even happening!! Such a waste.

• Camille January 17, 2011 at 4:19 pm #

Exactly what I said when I saw her on that 360 thingy…Bride of Frankenstein! And she has such gorgeous hair. Loved the dress, but the hair was scary.

23. Julianne January 17, 2011 at 4:19 am #

She was so beautiful. One of my favorites.

24. asherlev1 January 17, 2011 at 4:19 am #

I hated the hair. It ruined the whole look for me.

25. Shaina January 17, 2011 at 4:15 am #

What a way to end the night! I’m still in shock at Michelle William’s look so it’s nice to see something this beautiful. Scarlett Johansson definitely does this dress justice.

26. Sophie January 17, 2011 at 4:13 am #

This was one of my favs. Love Scarlett for her originality and her willingness to go against the grain. Brava!

27. Moxie January 17, 2011 at 4:09 am #

One of my favorites from the red carpet.

28. Hisadora January 17, 2011 at 4:07 am #

What a wonderful way to end this red carpet coverage.. She’s easily one of the best!!! Love it 🙂

• Fashion Critic January 17, 2011 at 8:14 am #

29. Laura January 17, 2011 at 4:07 am #

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! There were so many great moments this Golden Globes. So much better than the 2010 Golden Globes. Love Elie. Love Scarlett. Love Scarlett in Elie. It is so gorgeous.

30. Ethne Blist January 17, 2011 at 4:06 am #

I love this. I like it without the belt because the waist is defined- it has to be because ScarJo loves old Hollywood glam, so I am kinda surprised she didn’t go Dolce & Gabbana.

31. june January 17, 2011 at 4:06 am #

i love, love, loved scarlett in this. i kind of wish she kept the bow though

32. Redseouls January 17, 2011 at 4:05 am #

Loved her dress! Hated her hair!

33. Tania January 17, 2011 at 4:05 am #

I wish she wore the ribbon round her waist but I like her in this dress. She looks like amazing!

34. Naomi January 17, 2011 at 4:01 am #

Thanks for a great coverage, FC!
    Good night everyone (or whatever time it is where you are)!

35. Sofie January 17, 2011 at 3:59 am #

This Look really needs the runway belt!

36. mm January 17, 2011 at 3:58 am #

Not loving he hair. I did recognize her at first.