Menu

November 23, 2010 Runway To Red Carpet

Blake Lively In Versace – Lorraine Schwartz’ ’2BHAPPY’ Jewelry Launch

Blake Lively also attended the launch party for Lorraine Schwartz’ ’2BHAPPY’ Jewelry collection in New York last night which was hosted Beyonce Knowles.

She oozed sex appeal in her Versace Spring 2011 dress.

The gorgeous spaghetti strapped nude fringe top has a cascading layer of fringed details which falls over her fitted pencil skirt.

As much as I love the skirt I have two objections.

Firstly I would’ve loved for the skirt to be a tad shorter on Blake. Just below the knee like on the model would’ve been perfect.

Also I’m not particularly crazy about her brown coloured Christian Louboutin Amber Patent Double-Platform Sandals, but I will take them over an uninteresting pair of pumps.

Blake took inspiration from the runway to pull her hair tightly back to show off her stunning Lorraine Schwartz earrings.

Can’t wait to read your thoughts on this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Beyonce Knowles In Antonio Berardi - Lorraine Schwartz' '2BHAPPY' Jewelry Launch

Beyonce Knowles In Antonio Berardi – Lorraine Schwartz’ ‘2BHAPPY’ Jewelry Launch

Natalie Portman In Valentino - Late Show with David Letterman

Natalie Portman In Valentino – Late Show with David Letterman

110 Responses to Blake Lively In Versace – Lorraine Schwartz’ ’2BHAPPY’ Jewelry Launch

1. Lalitha November 24, 2010 at 4:47 am #

SEXY minus the shoes. She looks great!

2. mari November 24, 2010 at 2:30 am #

the color does not do much for her. comes off as bland

3. cecelove November 24, 2010 at 1:58 am #

if people overlooked the fact that she is stunning, this is an awful look. her chest looks ridiculous and the shoes and bangles look just silly.
    no wonder vogue likes her, she could wear literally anything and look amazing. however this cant be misinterpreted as having “style”, just being genetically blessed

4. Shemah November 24, 2010 at 1:38 am #

I don’t really have anything against Blake Lively, but this is not one of her best looks. She looks okay because she’s pretty. But not because that outfit looked good on her. It’s ill fitted, too long and my eyes are drawn to her cuffs and shoes more than her earrings and face.

In that ensemble, she looks “aged” and if I were to guess her age, had I not known, I’d say she was in her early-30s to mid-30s rather than her early 20s..If that’s what she was trying to achieve.. then good for you, Blake.

I just hope her next look will prove to everyone here why she’s on Vogue’s best dressed.. but it sure as hell isn’t this one.

5. Natalie November 24, 2010 at 12:26 am #

I don’t know how I feel about this look, something seems off… maybe it’s the hair. As everyone else said, it would look MUCH better if it was shorter!

6. Luiza November 23, 2010 at 11:29 pm #

I think she’s pretty and she has a lot of charisma! and that’s the thing that turns a pretty actress to a celebrity that’s loved and admired! as for her style, I think she has lots of up and downs on the red carpet as most celebrities, so I don’t think she’s special when it comes to style! about this look, I don’t like it, the colour washes her out and her hair doesn’t do any favours to her! I think she’s done better before!

7. OZALES November 23, 2010 at 9:17 pm #

Now I DO believe that she doesn’t have a stylist because all she does is copy the runway looks from the models on which ever outfit she wears. But she still looks very nice here.

8. anna November 23, 2010 at 9:09 pm #

I would like the dress more except I think it is treating the girls fairly poorly-they look seriously smushed an uneven. Love the hair and the earrings but I also feel she looks a little washed out.

Don’t get me wrong, Lively on an offday is still beautiful but I don’t love it.

9. Pablo November 23, 2010 at 8:53 pm #

Oh wow! What’s with all the controversy! You knew so well it would split the crowd apart, FC! LOL

I wont go into fake boobs, nose jobs or acting skills… I love that gorgeous Versace and she looks simply spectacular. There should be no more. 😀

• NA November 24, 2010 at 8:21 am #

I agree with you 1000000%

10. mochababe73 November 23, 2010 at 7:45 pm #

The bust area is TOO tight.
    I love the dress, but not on Blake. As usual, pretty dress, but it doesn’t have the same appeal on her as it does on the runway. Boring, boring Blake.
    I actually like the shoes. Much better than plain, black pumps.

11. Andi November 23, 2010 at 7:42 pm #

Regardless of whether or not she has a stylist or if she’s had plastic surgery or if she has “style”, she still looks good. At the end of the day, she looks good and designers are happy to have her wear their clothes. End of story.

12. Emma November 23, 2010 at 7:36 pm #

The only thing I like are the earrings. Sadly the rest does absolutely nothing for me, she looks like a Bratz doll. A bad one.

13. Rebecca November 23, 2010 at 7:32 pm #

FC: this one hit a nerve, didnt it? People are so mean!

• Fashion Critic November 23, 2010 at 8:06 pm #

it really did.

People either love her or hate her.

14. Naomi November 23, 2010 at 7:25 pm #

I don’t like this look. I don’t like the fringe, and Blake looks borderline slutty here. She’s already oozing sex-appeal, I think she should have gone for a soft hair and make-up.

15. Coco November 23, 2010 at 7:12 pm #

Oh boy where do I begin on this hot mess? Let’s gtart with the fit,which imo is terrible. It looks like her boobs are gonna explode. Then we move on to the clunky shoes and over accessorized right wrist. Were ALL of those really needed with earrings AND another bracelet on her left arm? I also don’t think anyone who doesn’t have the greatest face should pull their hair back so tight. This is just another look in the book of confusion I have for why this girl is so loved int he fashion world. I just don’t get it.

• advo88 November 24, 2010 at 6:25 am #

Her boobs look like they are going to explode in 90% of her outfits. That’s just the way Blake likes it. Her style on GG used to be Kate Moss/bohemian-esque but then it turned completely slutty. Blake once admitted that she was the influence and I believe it because her style is exactly like her character Serena’s: boobs and legs. Be glad she’s changing it up and not going for a skimpy short skirt again with that boob-age for the millionth time!

16. Julianne November 23, 2010 at 7:07 pm #

I agree. She has nothing special. She looks ok on the clothes she chose (this particular shoes are incredibly ugly) but she is so… blah
    She doesn’t call your attention. She dresses ok, she acts ok, she’s not so pretty and she’s blonde. Pretty ordinary and boring to me.

And I really don’t think she dress this way ’cause she likes it. I guess it’s just because of the money the stylists give to her. If you see pics of her last year or in 2007/2008 you’ll get what I’m talking about.

17. Ev November 23, 2010 at 6:40 pm #

I’ve tried to like her style and sometimes she does get it right. But most of the times I am really confused with all the admiration she gets. I guess I don’t see anything special in her. She is pretty girl with a great body, but there’s gotta be more to a woman in order to call her stylish. Even Anna Wintour can’t make me change my mind.
    This particular look left me cold, I am not a fan of this dress in general but it does look better on the runway. The length and accessoiries are wrong on her, and with all my despise for black pumps I’d take them over these shoes.
    Not a BDOTW contender for me.

18. Hisadora November 23, 2010 at 6:26 pm #

She’s a tall girl so I think the length of the dress works perfectly on her. The accessories are perfection as usual! She looks flawless!

19. Sara November 23, 2010 at 5:54 pm #

I would add a 3rd objection and that would be the fit around the bust. Her breasts just don’t fit into the dress properly and all I see is boob. It’s a classy sexy dress and we just don’t need quite the show up there.

• nina November 23, 2010 at 7:35 pm #

I agree with that. And I adore those earrings, they are beautifull, but those bracelets are too much.

20. The Dame November 23, 2010 at 5:46 pm #

I LOVE this on her!

21. Alex November 23, 2010 at 5:14 pm #

This is a beautiful dress and she is a beautiful girl. But somehow this time it’s just not working together.
    The length is wrong, the shoes are wrong and I agree that she could have been looking for something sophisticating but for me it didn’t work out.

And it’s easier for her not to have a stylist when she’s got access to every designer and every collection.

22. Victor November 23, 2010 at 4:52 pm #

I agree with you FC, I would love to see the dress a little bit shorter on her and thos sandals seems so heavy.. More delicate sandals would be better!

23. Nikki November 23, 2010 at 4:47 pm #

I love the dress but Blake doesn’t do it justice.

I agree about the length and shoes. I wish it was shorter. And the shoes…why?? Why did she wear those chunky brown shoes. They don’t go with the dress. Even the chunky bangles are out of place. Lovely earrings, though.

Blake’s got gorgeous breasts looks like they spill out of the bodice. Maybe the dress is too tight on top.

24. Anissa November 23, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

I do think this is a good look for her but I wish the fit was better in the bust, and I agree that the length is a bit too long. I also think the bangles are a bit too much.

25. methedrine November 23, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

I agree with you about the lengh of the skirt but this is a good look.

26. dressaddict November 23, 2010 at 4:27 pm #

I love it, BDOTW for me! She;s flawless, I hope she stays like this 🙂

27. Lara November 23, 2010 at 4:21 pm #

She reminds me Scarlett here. Damn, I miss the time when ScarJo’s boobs looked like this
    Lovely look

28. LINDA November 23, 2010 at 4:14 pm #

once again all hype, yeah she is beautiful but she cant act. suprise suprise all that matters is that she has “style”, well according to some but no me. as someone previously stated taken straight from the runway. style is making something your own, her style is strictly sexy and copied from the runway. even when she wore the lanvin gown it was gorgeous but she didnt make it special. and as to the people who keep saying she has no stylist you gus need to shut up its ridiculous to praise her for that, its not like she designed what she wears although i am sure in a few years she will be “designing” her own line i am sure because every girl in hollywood seems to. she has a great body so things are bound to look good on her if she wears almost any runway dress she will look good but keep in mind it wouldn’t be hard for you or i yo look great if we got to point search through lanvin, versace, etc to get the best dresses. its all about accessibility with these ladies and they never take advantage whether they have stylists or not no ones style has ever blown me away except angelina jolie in the white oscar gown as well as the black one from a few years back and she doesnt even try like these other ladies do.

29. robbie November 23, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

sexy and classy on the model but falls flat on blake!

30. Zarina November 23, 2010 at 4:01 pm #

the dress is gorgeous on the model, but i dont like it at all on Blake

31. suzan November 23, 2010 at 4:00 pm #

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! THE DRESS,THE MAKEUP,JEWELERY…ALL OF IT!!

• Marvel November 23, 2010 at 11:38 pm #

Same. Quite a lot of people have had some LONG discussions about but I just LOVE it as well 🙂

32. noo November 23, 2010 at 3:59 pm #

the dress is hard to pull off because it doesn’t work with large breast sizes and the bangles make it look trashy. the brown manicure is weird. she ruined this gorgeous dress for me!

33. M November 23, 2010 at 3:54 pm #

Everyone is becomming soo critical of celebs looks. She does look fab. She flaunts her assets, but not overdoing it. And shes proud of her figure. I guess its the confidence she has that makes me like her. Eveyone is entitled to their own opinions, but lets not get soo critical. Given a chance, are you able to do better?

• Fashion Critic November 23, 2010 at 4:05 pm #

I think your comment is unfair with all due respect.

A lot of people without Blake Lively’s access to designer clothes do have great style. Just because they are not on TV that doesn’t mean they are not capable of looking good

34. gossip_bangkok November 23, 2010 at 3:54 pm #

Love it. Like you said as well, I do prefer the runway length.

35. Hannah November 23, 2010 at 3:50 pm #

I like it, and as I already said, I like that she chose a dress that is enhanced but also enhances the jewellery. I also wish that the dress was shorter, but above the knee, not below. I do not like the heels, I tihnk i would have prefered them had the hemline been higher. The makeup is the same, IMO, average makeup Blake usually wears, and the hair is inexplicably bad. I wish blake had not worn this dress though, because I think someone else could have killed it, like Leighton meester for example.

36. roxana November 23, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

smoking hot!

37. artemis November 23, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

I totally agree with you FC about the length of the skirt and the shoe colour…I like the dress but I would prefer it on another woman! She has amazing legs but I always thing she tries too hard.

38. mm November 23, 2010 at 3:43 pm #

The bangles are a no! Shoes are too heavey.

The dress, hair, make-up are gorgerous. But she looks older

39. happydaiz November 23, 2010 at 3:39 pm #

Top half – yes
    Bottom half – no

40. ferah November 23, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

ı dont love

41. Ethne Blist November 23, 2010 at 3:32 pm #

I love this look. Even though I see Blake as what is wrong with Hollywood: skinny blondes who become famous through clothing and ONE TV show, I LOVE this look. Please FC, BDOTW! Blake does what she knows how to do: dress sexy. What else can she do? And you know what, she does it well here, so give her some credit y’all.

• Dorian Gray November 23, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

BDOTW for me too. I LOVE her 🙂

• Manja November 23, 2010 at 3:53 pm #

me too,but I do agree with Ethne Blist as well

• Rebecca November 23, 2010 at 3:59 pm #

Actually, she is a pretty good actress–did you see her in The Town? I like the dress, but would remove that fringed modesty panel down the front–looks silly, I prefer the shoes on the model.

• Sasha November 23, 2010 at 6:44 pm #

she was overacting so much in the town, I couldn’t take her seriously

I do like the dress and the fringe, but just not on her. It was much better on the model.

42. Mario November 23, 2010 at 3:29 pm #

Damn.it
    After that rather let-down look last week, she redeems herself fast! I really love this.
    If it were for someone else, they’d accessorize it the normal way (nude pumps and a cuff I bet), but Blake takes this to another level. Thanks to her interesting accessorizing I find this a stand out outfit.

Btw.. imagine this as a long gown at a glam red carpet.. ahh.. ♥

43. jennifer November 23, 2010 at 3:28 pm #

I love her.

44. Natalie November 23, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

I’ve been taking notes on Blake Lively’s ‘style’ and to me, she has no style whatsoever. All she does is copy runway looks, and she has no idea how to make an outfit her own or look completely ridiculous or slutty. How she is Vogue’s top 10 best dressed of the year is a flaming mystery to me.

• Dorian Gray November 23, 2010 at 3:38 pm #

She Vogue’s top 10 best dressed of the year because she deserves it. Just remember she doesn’t call any stylist for advices but does everything on her own.

• Natalie November 23, 2010 at 4:00 pm #

it really shows that she doesn’t have a stylist.

• Dorian Gray November 23, 2010 at 4:10 pm #

Yes, and I appreciate her for this because she’s just 23 and has not a stylist but has a STYLE (and Anna Wintour thinks the same).

• advo88 November 26, 2010 at 8:42 pm #

Agreed. Except, she does actually have a stylist – his name is Eric Daman. But obvious, she’s still very much in control. Why else would any stylist let her walk out of the house in at least half her outfits? Fashiionsta wrote this interesting article about stars “without stylists”:

And come on, she’s on Vogue’s list because Anna loves her. And while I certainly admire her (Anna) – she can still be dead wrong!

• Brooke November 23, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

I heartily disagree with this summation. I don’t think any stylist would take credit for dressing her since (i) on nights she actually looks good, she has copied the exact runway styling, down to accessories and hairstyle; and (ii) she looks cheap/tacky/trashy when she tries to go her own way. She is a sample size with augmented breasts and good hair – with the sheer volume of free couture that gets thrown her way one would hope she could do a little better than she has. Don’t mistake a pretty girl for a stylish one.

• Dorian Gray November 23, 2010 at 4:38 pm #

This just starts smelling like envy.
          Yes, it’s true she’s a very pretty girl and a lot of men (including me, I don’t deny it) love her, isn’t this the real problem Brooke?
          ps. and, however, for me she is stylish too!

• Natalie November 23, 2010 at 4:39 pm #

exactly my point.

• Brooke November 23, 2010 at 4:56 pm #

That was an awfully catty and unfounded remark, Dorian. I made an argument that she is indeed a beautiful girl, but not a stylish one, in response to your assertion that she deserves to be awarded ‘best dressed’ because she is pretty, which makes no sense. You can’t tell me that this is a fashion-savvy girl who ‘gets’ it:

Drool away, just be honest about the nature of your admiration.

• Dorian Gray November 23, 2010 at 7:44 pm #

Brooke I’m the first to admit that I LOVE her and sorry for my “awful” words. However I’m with you when you post her 2008 style, that Blake was a mess but NOW, 2 years later, her style is improved A LOT, I think this is undeniable and she has changed thanks to herself, not a stylist, that’s why I admire her and always will.

ps. sorry for my english, I’m italian.

• Mandy November 24, 2010 at 2:32 am #

Brooke pretty much sums up my take on BL. Pretty, but definitely not stylish.

• b November 24, 2010 at 3:17 am #

Dorian’s comment is totally uncalled for. I guess we have to live with being automatically categorized as envy women by male species every time we don’t approve of other women with big breasts.

And no I’m not green with envy because I’ve never seen anything special about her since the first day she started getting attentions. I’ve always said that, to me, she’s not pretty at all. She just has great body, end of story. ScarJo is like ten times better than her, beauty and acting wise. Her face is also no Natalie Portman. She has great body but not in the same league of Giselle. And I adore all these women. I crack myself up every time somebody says she has great style. This girl has no taste and style whatsoever. Most of the time the dresses which look so nice on the runway manage to look so trashy and cheap on her. So no, she’s not best dressed in any circumstances to me.

The only thing she has it better than anyone is her PR team.

• Dorian Gray November 24, 2010 at 12:18 pm #

Believe me b I’m not that kind of boy.
          I like Blake Lively because of her beauty and charme but I also love Tilda Swinton beacuse of her unique allure. You know, sometimes we can think about a woman apart from her breasts.
          I stop replace ’cause I’m tired of saying the same things all the times but looking at the comments (almost 100!) I can say that maybe this girl deserves all the attentions she gets (from both men e women).

• Brooke November 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm #

Dorian! Forse questo è migliore? Lei dovrebbe aver detto così prima; l’italiano è la terza lingua mia (così mi dispiace si questo non fare il senso ma devo praticare, hahaha). Ho voluto dire appena che non l’accredito molto per la maniera che si veste ora perché non l’ha fatto solo come lei ha detto – è vestita da Karl Lagerfeld ed Anna Wintour e agli altri tempi spesso offende. E bella ma non elegante; è una compassione. (Ho detto ciò correttamente? Hahaha migliori auguri!)

• Gigi November 23, 2010 at 3:56 pm #

Natalie, I’m in your camp. I don’t get the fascination with BL. I don’t care for this look… from head to toe. And I agree. Vogue Top 10? HUH???

• Natalie November 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm #

obviously she sometimes has some pretty decent looks, but she’s worst dressed and too over the top on so many occasions. I can easily think of 6-7 actresses who are better dressed than her and Jessica Biel, who similarly does not deserve to be on the Vogue’s Top 10 Best Dressed of the Year list—- Kate Bosworth, Zoe Saldana, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Chloe Sevigny, Diane Kruger, Emma Watson, and even her co-star Leighton Meester. Also, as much as I’d hate to admit it, even Jessica Alba dresses better than her.

Plus, this look— the cuffs weigh the entire look down and the heels are just wrong. They cut off her legs, and with the hem being all wrong, she looks a lot shorter than she is.

• Sisi November 23, 2010 at 8:49 pm #

I totally agree. She is pretty. Sometimes she has amazing looks. But she is not a stylish one. Because she just takes whatever the runway looks are like. She has a killer body. That doesn’t mean she has style. By the way she works with Gossip girl Stylist. Please check whatever Serena wears, it will appear on Blake later on.

• b November 24, 2010 at 2:53 am #

Totally agree. It just keeps getting more desperate how Anna tries to pimp her. She has no style whatsoever and that list is just plain ridiculous. Jolie and Biel really?

Kate Bosworth and Diane Kruger more than deserve to be on that list. They’re just making themselves look like clowns.

• Lils November 23, 2010 at 4:27 pm #

well said! I couldn’t have described it better!

• Julianne November 23, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

You’re so right!
      But Vogue’s crew love her. They may have a deal or something.
      And if you think about it you’ll see that Vogue loves blondes. I think it’s the sterotype.

45. rebecca November 23, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

She looks trashy. It doesn’t even fit her properly!

• KateS November 24, 2010 at 3:12 am #

I agree! It’s so tight in the bust it’s giving her double-boob. The combination of her big-breasted, blond, long-legged body and a dress this sexy crosses the line into vulgar.

46. Shawna November 23, 2010 at 3:25 pm #

Something is off with this look…I can’t quite place it. I prefer it on the runway. Sorry Blake 🙁

• Dani November 23, 2010 at 9:17 pm #

Yeah, I’m not a fan either. I hate the hair!

• Shemah November 24, 2010 at 1:29 am #

not loving the hair, the bangles, the boobs, the shoes and the length of the dress. Wait did i just describe the whole look? oh well..

by the way, according to some sources, she did her boobs right BEFORE she started GG but after sisterhood w/ traveling pants. but she chose it to be slightly bigger and still considered on the “normal” side.

47. Dorian Gray November 23, 2010 at 3:23 pm #

A different look, less sexy and much more elegant but the same AMAZING couple Blake Lively / Versace! I’d like to see her in other dresses from this collection, something more colorful.

48. klara November 23, 2010 at 3:22 pm #

i have to say that i actually like it. my first though was waaaah blake your boobs! but then it grows on me becuase its not a typical coctail dress like everyone else would wear for such an event. but the shoes are too dark (BUT hey they are NOT black :D) they should have been in the colour of the bracelets. but all in all i like it 🙂

• Linda November 24, 2010 at 12:40 am #

I feel the same way. It grew on me and now I like it a lot (feeling the shoes are a bit heavy). I checked another site for a pic from a differnet angle and I definitely do like it. Sometimes pics have different lighting and backgrounds and that makes a difference. I love how it’s not a typical coctail dress, as you said/

• Linda November 24, 2010 at 12:42 am #

By the way, I do really like BL. She lights up the screen on gossip girl and she is stunning to look at.

49. Leska November 23, 2010 at 3:22 pm #

I love the look, but I had to agree with you about the length of skirt, the model lenght was best, but I love the shoe.

50. Mira November 23, 2010 at 3:20 pm #

Love the dress!! And love LOVE the earrings! Not a fan of the hair though.

Are her breasts fake?

• Carolina November 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm #

I believe her breasts are 100% natural. She has a killer body. That’s a beautiful look.

• phuong November 23, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

I agree, I think her breasts are natural. Fake boobs would be veyr obvious and wouldnt look this good. Her dress is really pretty. I love the color and fringe details.

• Emi November 24, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

Totally fake, didn’t you notice the difference between the first and the second season of Gossip Girl. In the first season she was almost flat, I would say. During the second she showed her breasts in every episode, with every outfit, even it obviously was freezing cold.

• Sara November 23, 2010 at 5:46 pm #

the breasts are indeed fake.

• Hannah November 23, 2010 at 4:06 pm #

There are ALOT of rumours about a nose job and breast implants. I am quite genuinly indifferent, I think she would look the same wiht (given she has had plastic surgery) her old nose, and less boobs (maybe we would see them less often 🙂 )
      Everyone has their own opinion of whether they are real or not.

• roxy November 23, 2010 at 5:34 pm #

she definitely got a nose job
      there have been rumors that she got her boobs done as well

• justme November 23, 2010 at 6:03 pm #

Yes, they are. You can definitely tell by how they sit too high when she goes braless. I do applaud her for picking a normal looking size though.

• Julianne November 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm #

Totally fake, bb.

• advo88 November 24, 2010 at 6:18 am #

They certainly look very unnaturally perky to me. Her nose is also different from when her career started to take off so it does not surprise me if her “killer body” had some help.

As for the outfit – I think it looks tacky but I’m used to it from Blake, so same old.