Menu

Blake Lively In Vivienne Westwood – The Realm Boutique Opening

For a long while I’ve been telling you guys that Blake Lively doesn’t have a stylist.

Some of you don’t believe this to be true, but you may change your mind when you see Blake on red carpet at the Realm Boutique Opening in New York City last night.

No self respecting stylist would ever allow Blake to leave the house looking this bad.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress wore a blue oversized man’s shirt with a black sparkling high-waisted skirt.

It gets worse.

She accessorized with a tan belt and black Chanel ankle boots.

Individually the pieces aren’t too bad, but together this is an epic failure.

The tragic thing is that Blake thinks this is fashion forward.

The sad thing is that she thinks she looks amazing.

Update: It looks like Blake did take this look straight from the runway of Vivienne Westwood’s Fall 2010 Red Label collection.

Credit: INFPhoto & Style.com

Carey Mulligan In Preen - 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Carey Mulligan In Preen – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Anne Hathaway In Antonio Berardi – “Love & Other Drugs” Opening Night Gala

Anne Hathaway In Antonio Berardi – “Love & Other Drugs” Opening Night Gala

77 Responses to Blake Lively In Vivienne Westwood – The Realm Boutique Opening

1. KateS November 6, 2010 at 4:15 am #

I’ve never understood the love for Blake’s style, which is either a) body-con california blonde or b) a re-run of runway looks without any interpretation or evidence of personal style, but I feel bad for her here. It’s a killer look on the runway, but off it, and without those fabulous boots, it’s ridiculous. A cool concept lost in execution.

2. André November 6, 2010 at 1:24 am #

Honestly, had she worn the skirt a little lower (covering up the shirt tails) and worn some strappy sandals or pumps that matched her belt, this look could have worked.

Either that or change out the belt. The booties really do her no favours, though.

3. jenny November 5, 2010 at 11:31 pm #

this dress is Vivienne Westwood F/W 10.. she copied it stright from the runway

• Fashion Critic November 6, 2010 at 12:17 am #

thanks. I just updated the post

4. MN November 5, 2010 at 11:22 pm #

Hi FC,

Just saw on Facebook that Blake is actually wearing Vivienne Westwood Red Label. It’s on their official page!

I do think that she looks terrible though…..

• Fashion Critic November 6, 2010 at 12:17 am #

thanks. I agree she still looks really bad

5. Rodrigo de Dios November 5, 2010 at 10:38 pm #

Ladies, beautiful ladies (and gents)
    I’d want to take the opportunity to ask not for the Worst Dressed of Week/Month/Year, please.
    What it has drawn me to this marvelous blog is the positive perspective FC has toward fashion: this makes it uniquely different to other fashion websites.
    The “I don’t like” comments are fine and acceptable, but a negative fashion slot towards worst dressed women will only result ground for bashing and mockery. I’ve just read on another user post that anyone can have a bad day. It is true. So, if a celebrity is having a “bad day” they just don’t make it to the BDOW or even worse, to this blog at all.

6. tiffany November 5, 2010 at 10:33 pm #

lol @ your comments in this post…hahaha

7. ullis November 5, 2010 at 10:31 pm #

a (short) white silkblouse would have worked 🙁

oh wells

at least penn dumped her haha (sorry for my cruelty but i have been waiting for this ever since they got together)

8. Sisi November 5, 2010 at 10:05 pm #

Well, maybe she needs a stylist.
    She never has a great style and fashion sense.
    She loves to copy the total look from runway.
    The shirt and skirt are from Vivienne Westwood Red Label Fall 2010.

• Fashion Critic November 6, 2010 at 1:39 am #

Thanks Sisi xx

• Sisi November 6, 2010 at 2:57 am #

My pleasure!
        🙂

9. Liz November 5, 2010 at 9:13 pm #

It looks dreadful and I was shocked to find out that it was straight-off-the-runway. It looks like she just threw a bunch of random items together.

BLAKE LIVELY HAS NO STYLE!! NONE.

10. jojo November 5, 2010 at 9:08 pm #

i love the chanel quilted pocket ankle boots but with her coat i loook so much better ! what a fail

11. karen November 5, 2010 at 6:49 pm #

Oh she’s a total mess.

12. ruth November 5, 2010 at 6:25 pm #

this is more carrie bradshaw, less blake.

13. Claudia November 5, 2010 at 5:47 pm #

I love her.
    But this look hurt my eyes.
    I don’t have a stylist but I’d never wear that.
    Let’s pray she never does it again.

14. Diana November 5, 2010 at 5:18 pm #

I find your comments a little too harsh! She’s just trying something new.. I’d rather have this, which really isn’t that bad though it’s not my style, than a Herve Leger dress any day!!

15. advo88 November 5, 2010 at 4:51 pm #

THIS. IS. BAD. No really!

I always knew she didn’t have a stylist, imo, it’s totally reflected in most of her style. But, she does get help. Doesn’t Anne Wintour pick out stuff for her sometimes, for the red carpet? Also, she has mentioned something about picking up stuff through GG. Which totally makes sense since they share similar style: Boobs and legs.

This oufit is so, so terrible bad. Words can’t even describe how bad. I think it’s sad that a girl like Blake who has an amazing body, access and money to almost anything can’t dress better than this. And I think it’s extremely tragic that no one stopped her from walking out wearing THAT!

16. SarahV November 5, 2010 at 4:36 pm #

This is NOT okay, lol!

17. robbie November 5, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

im guessing she has suddenly become blind! seriously this is like a hideous 80s outfit.

18. Hannah November 5, 2010 at 3:53 pm #

My honest inital reaction was:’Oh God’
    WHY?
    No selfrespecting person, let alone stylist, would let themselves leave the house like this. Her facial expression and pose is not up to par (she looks like she hasperiod pains)
    Anyone guessing this was Penn’s shirt and she decided to look deliberately bad in it?
    Or Maybe Penn used to style her and since they have broken up he doesnt anymore?
    I really have no better ideas as to why this would happen.

• Hannah November 6, 2010 at 12:12 am #

Oh god, has anyone seen the coat/jacket which she wore before takign it off to reveal this monstrosity. It is nice, but it still has the layering thing goign on and involves ANOTHER belt, as if that 200 yards of what looks suspiciously like pleather tangled around her was not enough.

19. Elise November 5, 2010 at 3:52 pm #

Wow awful!
    “The worse thing about this look is that the blouse peeking over her skirt is so clearly deliberate.” this is exactly what I thought, she looks ridiculous !

20. susan November 5, 2010 at 3:52 pm #

I’ve always believed you when you said she has no stylist because 9 times out of ten she’s a big FAIL. I just don’t understand it though. With all the beautiful clothes these people have at the fingertips and then she so obviously won the genes lottery.. WHY look so bad??? It really should be a billable offense.

21. Meg November 5, 2010 at 3:47 pm #

this picture totally cracked me up!

the shirt peeking under the skirt is SO odd
    as is the weirdly tied belt

22. Ev November 5, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

The shirt peeking over her skirt is not so bad. I may be able to forgive her those boots, even though they are all wrong for this look. But iIt’s the sparkles on her skirt and the HORRIBLE belt that totally ruin this for me. I don’t know if it is WDOTY, but it most certainly deserves a place in that category.

23. Jo November 5, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

I am a huge, huge Blake Lively fan – I think she is utterly gorgeous and (usually) I love her style. I don’t like this. Maybe another colour skirt would have helped? Also, I think the skirt is a bit small – it’s coming up very, very high on her waist and even if you ignore the rest of the outfit, wouldn’t look very nice on her.

24. S November 5, 2010 at 3:33 pm #

Am I the only one who likes this look? I think it suits her actually

25. Alice[*] November 5, 2010 at 3:32 pm #

Bad day.It happens.

• Marvel November 5, 2010 at 11:34 pm #

Yeah I suppose it does. I think everyone should just hope this is a one-off

26. frommdq November 5, 2010 at 3:06 pm #

Back home this shirt-peeking-out-the-skirt look is in many shopping windows since last winter (summer for you) Maybe she was in buenos aires for fashion ideas! Not a good one, though

27. shubby doo November 5, 2010 at 3:04 pm #

As I went from head to toe…this look went from good to really really bad. The ankle boots just killed it. *Dead* #Shame

28. mikeijames November 5, 2010 at 2:57 pm #

i feel bad because you can so clearly see what she’s going for, but she just didn’t get there. the shirt’s not as starched as it’d need to be. the belt ties in with nothing. the boots fall flat. and the skirt works against everything else.

she could have accomplished this feeling much easier with a quick pair of leather shorts and a lace up well-heeled boot.

29. cindy November 5, 2010 at 2:57 pm #

Well….i kinda like the matching of the shirt with the skirt….but I can’t forgive that the shirt is actually longer than the skirt! The belt is too big and in a pretty bad color….the booties? I don’t get the appeal of wearing booties with that king of look but anyway!
    She’s an adorable girl but….she’s a mess here….too bad.

30. jadel November 5, 2010 at 2:53 pm #

a mess from head to toe, i still don’t see or understand what’s the hype about her and claiming her as a fashionista, she’s a cute girl that sometimes wear pretty clothes. Maybe i’m blind but don’t get her and her gracing the Vogue cover(if i’m correct, twice already) still having my mind spinning out of control. excuse me?????????

31. VIP November 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm #

The belt is definitely the worst idea ever here. The skirt is really cute though. If she had paired it with a regular women’s shirt it could have worked for her

32. DC November 5, 2010 at 2:48 pm #

this is car crash fashion! but low and behold i think there will be scores of girls, and quite possibly celebs too who will follow blake on this dark fashion path, purely because she is blake!! the power of the celebrity never ceases to amaze me…..!

33. Elisa November 5, 2010 at 2:45 pm #

I saw the picture and I was so scared that you were going to like it, FC (since you do have a huge girl crush on Blake and I sometimes disagree with your preferences about her), but I’m so happy that you know a mess when you see one, even on Blake Lively 😉
    Absolutely horrifying look!

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

I love her but even I can’t justify this 🙂

34. mm November 5, 2010 at 2:41 pm #

I think if the shirt wasnt sticking out under the skirt it wouldn’t be so bad. the worst is the skirt. Some creations just dont work out in fashion. At least she isnt boring.

35. Alexandra November 5, 2010 at 2:41 pm #

nooo! she had such an amazing run, why did she have to ruin everything with this ridiculous look?! What was she thinking?!

36. jane November 5, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

why does not anybody in her home or friends tell her that she looks horrible with that giant belt

37. Anne November 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm #

I actually like the outfit but it would have been better if you couldn’t see the blue shirt under the skirt.

38. little G November 5, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

@ Lee Ann
    Agree with you. here is the celine SS 10 pic
    i could accept the oversized shirt peek over her shirt, and the black boot is ok. just the belt is not working for me.

39. Jimmy November 5, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

Maybe someone stole all of her clothes and this is all she had left in her closet? That must be what happened. I hope she gets the rest of her wardrobe returned soon.

40. Sofia C. November 5, 2010 at 2:29 pm #

I don’t think she looks that bad. There are people with stylists that dress a lot worse!!

• Taylor November 5, 2010 at 5:54 pm #

That’s exactly what I was thinking…it’s not the worst look we’ve seen out there. I like the fact that she looks confident with it…that’s a seller.

41. anna November 5, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Without the belt and the shirt peeking out I think this would look nice.

42. b November 5, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

Worst Dressed Of The Year contender indeed.

It’s just so ridiculous looking. She should stick with copying the runway.

Now I know why she always wears body-con dress. She looks best in that.

43. maria November 5, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

the belt is killing me……

44. nicky November 5, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

nothing is working here. the belt is just tragic looking…seeing this post come up after carey’s perfection post just makes me want to laugh

45. Moxie November 5, 2010 at 2:18 pm #

It wouldn’t be so bad if the shirt wasn’t peeking out under the skirt and if she’d used a different belt. Still not great, but not the train wreck that she’s wearing.

• perfumeorpoison November 5, 2010 at 6:04 pm #

my thoughts exactly.
      i think we should all admit that it is admirable how long she managed to style herself flawlessly..
      so.. this is one of the less successful looks.
      we’ve all seen celebs in MUCH worse outfits, and some of them were even professionally styled!

46. dankka November 5, 2010 at 2:12 pm #

Actually, I don’t think it’s that bad though….

• Leslie November 5, 2010 at 2:21 pm #

Me neither…
      Sure the shirt peeking under her skirt is really strange, and I personally wouldn’t have worn a sequins skirt nor ankle boots but it’s not that bad.
      But given you are a huge fan of Blake, I can understand you’re disappointed 😉

• Linda November 5, 2010 at 9:44 pm #

Me neither. She still looks cute, just a little different, but I’m not seeing the tragedy of it.

47. Ju November 5, 2010 at 2:12 pm #

FC, I know it’s not your style (you usually only has nice things to say or you don’t say nothing at all) but what would you think about doing a Worst Dressed of the Year?
    This would certainly be the winner!
    I hope this look was just a point out of the curve for her!

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm #

I think with so many contenders, a worst dressed of the year category is needed. 🙂

• Lee Ann November 5, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

Yes much needed but as bad as this look is nothing beats the the Dior leather dress worn by Marion C. Also I think the Kardasians should be immediately booked in the Worst Dress Hall of Fame.

48. dee November 5, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

I like the shirt and booties and that’s it. The whole outfit is a mess.

49. Lee Ann November 5, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

Don’t be too harsh on her FC-you may recall that Celine ‘s SS ’10 cllection had an oversized white shirt peeking under a short burlap skirt. Its the belt shoes and the sparkles that are really killing this look.

50. Dorian Gray November 5, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

If she had a call to Donatella this tragedy would never happened. I have a crush for this girl but her look here is awful!