Menu

September 29, 2010 Premiere

“Knight And Day” Tokyo Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Bottega Veneta

Can someone please bring back the old Cameron Diaz.

The ‘new’ Cameron fails to excite me.

She joined Tom Cruise on the red carpet for the Tokyo Premiere of “Knight And Day” yesterday.

Her Bottega Veneta turtleneck dress has to be the most uninteresting look she’s given us for the promo tour for this movie.

I guess since the movie isn’t doing so well the budget for her red carpet looks has rapidly decreased hence a boring turtleneck dress.

Who wears a turtleneck to a premiere anyway?

The only thing saving this look from putting me in sleeply coma are her Jimmy Choo ‘Lavish’ sandals.

Credit: Getty

2010 San Sebastian Film Festival Closing Ceremony - Ana Álvarez In Christian Dior

2010 San Sebastian Film Festival Closing Ceremony – Ana Álvarez In Christian Dior

"Fugitive Plan B" Seoul Press Conference - Lee Na Young In Chanel

“Fugitive Plan B” Seoul Press Conference – Lee Na Young In Chanel

34 Responses to “Knight And Day” Tokyo Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Bottega Veneta

1. Giuseppi September 30, 2010 at 3:43 am #

Actually, I almost feel self- conscious saying this, but I like this… I think the look is pretty good. The shoes and the turtleneck both.

2. Bella September 30, 2010 at 1:32 am #

Yes its a bit on the simple side but I love how she adds a hot shoe and a colorful shoe at that to make it stand out, so I don’t completely dislike this look.

3. Marvel September 29, 2010 at 8:39 pm #

BORING.

Wears my leggy Cameron??

4. artemis September 29, 2010 at 5:35 pm #

“Who wears a turtleneck to a premiere anyway?”…LOL!! I totally love the comment and i totally agree!

5. Clancy from Dallas September 29, 2010 at 4:58 pm #

are they really still promoting that damn movie!? yawwwn. shes as boring as julia roberts!!

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 7:59 pm #

because the movie is so terrible.

I was tempted to walk out half way through

• Bella September 30, 2010 at 1:23 am #

Bad movie or not, I can see why they are still promoting it – they are getting PAID! haha! I would promote it too if I was even getting a quarter half of what they get haha. Plus get to go on trips and get dressed up, etc. Sign me up! haha I haven’t see the movie yet but I heard from a from a few ppl that it wasn’t that bad.

6. Hannah September 29, 2010 at 4:54 pm #

Absolute eyesore. I would fir eher stylist (even if she is Rachael Zoe). She hasn’t looked good in a VERY long time.

7. robbie September 29, 2010 at 4:34 pm #

well that was a boring look until the shoes! MUST HAVE THOSE! they are sensational! *bows down to the choo*

8. Camille September 29, 2010 at 3:58 pm #

Love the shoes!! And the dress is great too, classic, simple and elegant. What spoils the entire look is Cameron’s stringy lank hair. OMG the woman has never met a hairbrush she likes. Would it kill her to get her dead ends trimmed? She kills me with her never ending bad hair day.

• Camille September 29, 2010 at 3:59 pm #

also: a better belt and some chic earrings would have improved this looks also.

9. Ev September 29, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

That’s sooo boring. You would think that after doing not-so-well with the movie they’d at least try to get a positive attention from the red carpet.

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 8:02 pm #

That would’ve been the clever thing to do

10. Regina September 29, 2010 at 3:11 pm #

Hmm I love this look on Cam.Classy

• Manja September 29, 2010 at 3:55 pm #

me too,simple yet beutiful,and the shoes are just divine

11. mm September 29, 2010 at 3:11 pm #

The shoes are HOT! Love love them.

12. gossip_bangkok September 29, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

I swear Tom is wearing platform in his shoes… Cameron is really tall, usually she’s taller than Tom, and especially when she is wearing heels. I love LOVE LOVE the Jimmy Choo though! Sadly, the dress was really plain.

Why were in Tokyo? Damn, I could have been there! 🙁

13. Ally September 29, 2010 at 2:54 pm #

What I don’t is I think that Rachel Zoe’s go-to-guy Brad was dressing her for this promotional tour. He has such an interesting look himself and apparently doesn’t want to share it! I do like the shoes though.

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 3:10 pm #

I totally agree. All his creativity went on selecting his daily bow ties.

He has made her such a bore

• Bella September 30, 2010 at 11:33 am #

Saw some pictures of Cameron arriving back in LA and Brad was behind her! haha!

• susan September 29, 2010 at 7:40 pm #

came across this earlier today about Brad leaving:

14. FortyNotOut September 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm #

Am with you on this one – maybe Tom ordered her not to outshine him?! But those shoes are gorgeous and bring some much needed focus to the outfit. Hope you’re loving all your fashion week adventures! xx

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 3:11 pm #

Very much so. I’m on the Eurostar to Paris right now x

15. bettybrandenburg September 29, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

Lee Ann’s right, surely that BV dress is just as expensive as any sparkly mini dress. I think this looks great, and it’s a new look for a premiere – who says you have to wear a low cut frilly sparkly number – what’s wrong with Mad Men chic?

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

It not about a sparkly dress. Gemma Arterton wore a simple strapless Gucci dress recently and she looked amazing without make up

• bettybrandenburg September 29, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

true. Ms Diaz does need to do something about that hair. AND the arm candy.

16. cindy September 29, 2010 at 2:11 pm #

there’s something really odd about that picture…Tom cruise is 5 7″ and cameron is 5 9″ and even if she’s in heels ( at least 3″ high)….they are almost the same height! Is he wering wedges? anyway!
    I really miss the old quirky-funny-bubbly cameron…

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 3:17 pm #

Lol I bet he is wearing wedges

• From Russia With Love September 29, 2010 at 4:15 pm #

I think he is wearing Tom Ford shoes… they always have huuuuuuge heel.

17. TrillianM September 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm #

Is it me or are those shoes of his cleverly disguised heels or platforms?

18. Lee Ann September 29, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

That turtle neck dress is 4 figures don’t think the budget has been cut

19. Grace September 29, 2010 at 1:35 pm #

YAWN! Why is Tom dressed so casual too? What happened to Hollywood glamour?

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 1:44 pm #

EXACTLY. Is it too much to ask for these days?

20. GC September 29, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

That was too simply,huh Cameron? Let’s go rock this style and do a better look. Just an advice: It was a premier,look out to not do it again and make us disapointed.