Menu

August 30, 2010

2010 Emmy Awards – Final Round Up

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Before I seek to employ Paul the Octopus to decided the Top 10 Best Dressed looks of the night, here are the final looks from the 2010 Emmy Awards.

You’ll have to go back several pages to see what everyone else wore.

Keri Russell wore a hot pink pleated chiffon vintage Jean Louis Scherrer Haute Couture gown from Decades.

Her look was well accessorized with Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ heels, a Judith Leiber clutch, Cathy Waterman jewels, and Jennifer Behr floral hair accessory.

Lauren Bosworth opted for a secretary chic look wearing a classic green Karen Caldwell with white peep toes.

Stephanie Pratt went for a more Bridget Bardot vibe.

I love the hair, but her Guess by Marciano dress is more MTV Music Awards than the Emmy Awards.

Her mini dress had a black lace trim neckline and billowy sleeves to fulfill her ’60s style brief.

“True Blood” actress Rutina Welsey made full use of the side split in her hand-painted Douglas Annette gown which paired with Louboutin heels and Martin Katz jewels.

“Perfect Couples” actress Olivia Munn wore a red strapless Zac Posen gown.

Cheryl Hines also wore Zac Posen but she opted for a one shoulder silver gown.

“Dexter” actress Jennifer Carpenter dazzled in a single-sleeved gunmetal sequin Oday Shakar gown and Martin Katz jewels.

Who was your best dressed at the 2010 Emmy’s?

This is your last chance to get ensure your favourite gets picked.

Credit: Fame Pictures

2010 Emmy Awards - Glee Girls

2010 Emmy Awards – Glee Girls

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2010 Emmy Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2010 Emmy Awards?

57 Responses to 2010 Emmy Awards – Final Round Up

1. Jen September 1, 2010 at 3:15 am #

Keri Russell wore the same shoes as Naya Riviera, didn’t she?

While I’m on the subject of shoes, I hated Rutina Wesley’s. They looked like beach shoes in a lot of photos.

2. Marvel August 31, 2010 at 2:00 pm #

None of these really stand out for me except for Jennifer. Who on earth invited those Hills girls

3. Deborah August 30, 2010 at 11:07 pm #

I also hated Keri Russel!!! This pink dress is just not doing anything for her… i dont know, i hate it!

4. Lance August 30, 2010 at 10:28 pm #

Thanks for the ID FC!

5. Deborah August 30, 2010 at 9:27 pm #

For me LO and Stephanie Pratt just look AWFUL!!! Oh goshhh Lauren B. just won the worst dress award!

6. Danielle August 30, 2010 at 8:49 pm #

Loved them all especially Jennifer Carpenter’s dress but is it me or is her face shaped funny

7. Danielle August 30, 2010 at 7:53 pm #

Loved Rutina, Her hair and skin looked beautiful

8. Shemah August 30, 2010 at 6:42 pm #

I’d love to see Maria Menounos, Nina Dobrev, Dianna Agron, Claire Danes, Lea Michele, Susan Sarandon, Kelly Osbourne, Kim Kardashian, Rose Byrne and Jennifer Carpenter in BDOTW!!

9. Grace August 30, 2010 at 5:51 pm #

January Jones, Jennifer Carpenter (she should get more mentions from fashion blogs) and Rose Byrne. Your amazing! I’m always refreshing your website to see updates!

10. Luiza August 30, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

Hey FC! congrats on the wonderful coverage of Emmy’s!

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 5:56 pm #

Thank you. Going out to celebrate with red wine now

11. robbie August 30, 2010 at 5:41 pm #

wow cant think of anything nice about any of these looks at all, other than keri picked really nice shoes.

12. dee August 30, 2010 at 5:34 pm #

Diana Argon for me. She just looked so pretty.

13. Carmen August 30, 2010 at 5:25 pm #

January Jones’ dress was the only one that really impressed me, but she should have accesorized it better. Jenna Fischer looked great but I never like her hair. I find Diane Agron dress pretty interesting too. I missed Olivia Wilde and Grey’s Anatomy cast on the red carpet.

14. Anissa August 30, 2010 at 5:23 pm #

Apparently Lo and Stephanie were given “Mad Men-esk” makeovers as a promotion before the awards so that’s why they are looking like they don’t belong…

Love that you post so many people as the main sites (People, Us Weekly, eonline) only show the big names, and I love seeing all the looks!

My favs were Claire D, Lea M, Jennifer C, Kelly O (what a 360), Archie P, Julie B, Susan S, Carrie P, Kyra S, Dianna A, Jayma M, and Anna P (too many for the poll but I’ll be happy for any of them) πŸ˜‰

• Moxie August 30, 2010 at 11:39 pm #

They showed that on E. New dresses, hair and makeup. I think they looked better before the makeover.

15. Kitty August 30, 2010 at 5:09 pm #

Lara Spencer, Kyra Sedgwick, January Jones, Elizabeth Moss, Jane Krakowski, Jenna Fischer, Jewel, Dianna Agron, Nina Dobrev and Claire Danes all look fantastic. What a well dress awards show! If only British TV stars dressed so well at our awards shows!!!!

16. Jessica August 30, 2010 at 5:07 pm #

Thanks for putting the looks up so fast!! I knew i could rely on this site to check out the fabulous dresses. First off i really loved Dianna Agron and Kelly osbourne.. besides the shoes, i loved january jones. & i think christina hendricks dressed her beautiful body type well! and those girls were under control!

17. pipsqueak August 30, 2010 at 5:04 pm #

I just love Keri Russell! Some residual obsession from her Felicity years is carried over today :b She’s kinda like a younger Diane Lane. I was slightly let down by her gown – perhaps the fit or the length was a bit off, but I liked the color on Keri. She looked beautiful and fresh. So glad to see her back on TV!

18. Eulalia August 30, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

Theres so much Emmys red carpet coverage but yours is just the clearest, simplest and fastest way to see it all, so thanks a lot ! Love your site in general πŸ™‚
    My best dressed was Anna Paquin, when I saw her in this McQueen I was so excited (shoe choice aside). I also loved Jewel (especially the jewelry), Keira Sedgwick (colors), Jane Krakowski (elegance) , Susan Sarandon, Maria Menous, Jayma Mays, Nina Dobrev, Rose Byrne, Lea Michele (for the statement necklace). My worst dressed would be Sofia Vergara

19. Moxie August 30, 2010 at 4:52 pm #

So many choices, I don’t know how you’re going to narrow it down for a poll. My tops are: Claire Danes, Dianna Agron, Jewel, Kelly Osbourne (surprising!), Julianna Margulies, Maria Menounos, Julie Benz, Jenna Fischer, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Lea Michele.

20. Ally August 30, 2010 at 4:47 pm #

Oh no, that means we are out of pretty dresses. Sad. πŸ™ IMO this has been one of the best dressed award shows in a while. Very few people fell completely flat (Naya Rivera!). Most of the “worst dressers” were just there for poor styling (January Jones comes to mind). My favorites have been Jennifer Carpenter, Rose Byrne and Carrie Preston.

21. tiffany August 30, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

Ohhhh i just LOVE award season and this site!!! I go to bed reading red carpet and wake up looking for the updates πŸ™‚ Lea Michele shines and Kyra Sedgwick wowed but by farrrrrrr Rose Byrne in Gucci was the most outstanding for me. Hair, accessories, makeup—she worked it all and all i keep thinking of when i look at her is that “white moment” rachel zoe talked about one episode…i totally get it now from this look- head to toe breathtaking!

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 4:58 pm #

thanks Tiffany

22. Catarina August 30, 2010 at 4:42 pm #

What about Tina Fey? I absolutelly loved her in that dress. I always think she is underapreciated. She was one of the best dressed for me. What do you think, FC?

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 4:59 pm #

she looked great, but not sure she is top 10 material.

23. JJovana August 30, 2010 at 4:40 pm #

Lo Bosworth looks like an old lady. I think shes year younger than me, but looks 40 in comparison. What an awful dress, even worse hair.

Jennifer Carpenter looks pretty amazing. Maybe im in minority, but Im loving Kerri Russell. Fun and flirty, great color, risky length and effortless hair. She brought freshness to the carpet.

24. annelise August 30, 2010 at 4:38 pm #

For me it just has to be Dianna Agron. Her Carolina Herrera dress was exquisite and the styling was just spot on, overall she was perfection. But I have to give props to Toni Collette, her gown was just stunning and she really did surprise me with her choice, I have to admit I was expecting something much plainer from her.

25. erik August 30, 2010 at 4:33 pm #

Thank you so much for these post, It’s such an easy way to see the look from the Emmy’s! This is why I keep coming back you website πŸ™‚ For best dressed I have to say Mariska Hargitay. I’ve always been a fan of her, on TV and also on the red carpet and I think she looked devine in her Vera Wang dress. You should definitly consired placing her in the poll, thank you!

26. Charlotte August 30, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

I loved Lea Michele! I love how she wore a stunning gown and get still had that sweet smile! I loved her hair and necklace!

FC, you have really out done yourself this time! Thank you so much for all your hard work. I can tell you are really passionate about what you do! πŸ™‚

• Charlotte August 30, 2010 at 4:36 pm #

Oh, my top 10 would be (in no particular order)
      Lea Michele
      Claire Danes
      Emily Blunt
      Diana Argon
      Maria Menounos
      Jayma Mays
      Nina Dobrev
      Julie Benz
      Jenna Fischer
      Susan Sarandon

πŸ™‚

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 4:36 pm #

thanks Charlotte.

I was so fun because so many looked great

27. Moxie August 30, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

I like Keri Russell’s dress, but the fit isn’t right around the bust.

28. Jackie August 30, 2010 at 4:29 pm #

My fav was Lea Michele

29. marian August 30, 2010 at 4:24 pm #

my faves were kelly osbourne, jenna fischer, carrie preston, dianna agron and maria menounos. i think they all killed it.

30. Monkey August 30, 2010 at 4:23 pm #

Amazing coverage FC! You have really outdone yourself. πŸ˜€

I cannot possibly choose out of them all.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

thanks πŸ˜€

31. Terry August 30, 2010 at 4:18 pm #

Lo Bosworth looked like my grandmother. I am not digging this secretary look on her at all πŸ™

32. Chiara August 30, 2010 at 4:17 pm #

Keri Russell is looking amazing!
    She is one of my favourites with Rose Byrne, Claire Danes,Dianna Agron and Rita Wilson πŸ™‚

33. Megan August 30, 2010 at 4:16 pm #

Sorry, I couldn’t remember her name..Brittany from Glee would be Heather Morris. Also thought Jenna Fisher, Rose Byrne, Carrie Preston, and Christina Hendricks looked great. Whoo, hard to narrow down! FC you have quite the job ahead of you as so many people looked stunning.

34. Dorian Gray August 30, 2010 at 4:16 pm #

My best one was January Jones, in spite of the shoes.
    FC THANKS for your hard work, you’re posting from yesterday with a passion that is the real fuel of this blog.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 4:19 pm #

thanks Dorian x

35. Lance August 30, 2010 at 4:13 pm #

Can we get an ID for Jennifer Carpenter’s dress FC?? I can’t figure it out, and it’s driving me crazy!

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 4:19 pm #

Can’t figure it out either

36. Megan August 30, 2010 at 4:12 pm #

I absolutely loved Kyra’s gown. I also think Olivia Munn’s gown is beautiful but she doesn’t add any personality to it, and it suffers for that. And of the sparkly dress-wearers, Brittany from Glee looked looked the the most flawless.

37. miwa August 30, 2010 at 4:10 pm #

Jennifer Carpenter looks stunning. She has a great body. She was definitely one of my favorites.

• shubby doo August 31, 2010 at 7:15 pm #

agreed. she looks stunning…the others looks in this particular post …errr…not so much

38. Barbara August 30, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

jennifer carpenter,lea michele,kyra sedgwick and diana agron were the most beuatiful!

39. Diana August 30, 2010 at 4:06 pm #

I’m going to put in a plug for Rutina Welsey πŸ™‚

40. susan August 30, 2010 at 4:03 pm #

I love Rutina. She’s the whole reason why I watch True Blood – she’s great!

I also love Jennifer Carpenter’s dress – although it’s a little winter-ish for an August extravaganza. It fits her like a glove.

41. Jones19 August 30, 2010 at 4:02 pm #

No Nina Dobrev? I thought she looked stunning on the red carpet and she’s not featured anywhere. *sadface*

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2010 at 4:03 pm #

Eh?????

Nina is 3 posts down wearing Zuhair Murad

I’m guessing from all this Nina Dobrev obsession that she has a huge fanbase.

• Kitty August 30, 2010 at 5:19 pm #

She looks fantastic but who is she? I’ve never heard of her.

• Shemah August 30, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

She’s an actress on the CW show, Vampire Diaries which will resume with it’s 2nd season in September. Vampires.. huge fanbase… shocker! haha!

• Jones19 August 31, 2010 at 6:42 pm #

How did I miss that? My head must be screwed on wrong πŸ˜€ Off to check it out.

42. Iulia C. August 30, 2010 at 4:01 pm #

How about Anna Paquin? Bold, trendy and sexy at the same time.