Menu

March 10, 2010 Runway To Red Carpet

We didn’t see Zoe Saldana at the Vanity Fair, nor Elton John’s party, but she did walk the red carpet at the Fox Searchlight Pictures Oscar Party on Sunday night.

She also wore a Givenchy Couture look, but this time her gown came from the Fall 2009 collection.

Is Riccardo Tisci replacing his muse Ciara with Zoe?

I do like this gown, but I didn’t love it like her Oscars red carpet gown which was my favourite of the night.

The strapless gown has a ombre red skirt, which she matches with a red clutch.

I think the reason I don’t love this look is because of the clutch.

It feels too obvious and it’s a bit too big for my liking.

Credit: Style.com & London Features

2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party - Amy Adams In Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti & Marisa Tomei In Vintage Halston

2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party – Amy Adams In Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti & Marisa Tomei In Vintage Halston

2010 Oscars - The Ones I Missed

2010 Oscars – The Ones I Missed

19 Responses to Runway To Fox Searchlight Pictures Oscar Party – Zoe Saldana In Givenchy Couture

1. Cailin at Sassy Dove July 17, 2015 at 5:36 pm #

I actually love this! I’m doing an ombre dress roundup and I’m going to include this in it.

2. Lorraine March 11, 2010 at 11:40 am #

I adore this dress! Always a big fan of ombre looks, this reminds me of Gwen Stefani’s stunning Galliano wedding gown.

Think Zoe looks great here, what a fabulous night she had! I love the structured folds of the dress that taper downwards and like the white bracelets that she has accessorised with.

Love the colour of the clutch, but agree that it may be a wee bit too big. šŸ™‚

3. whitestroke March 11, 2010 at 3:26 am #

Wow. I like this even more than her Oscars look. I didn’t think that was possible. Love everything about it. Including the clutch.

4. Pez Globo March 10, 2010 at 11:45 pm #

wow! i love it! i got a crush on her right now

5. lila March 10, 2010 at 10:35 pm #

I love Zoe, one of the hottest woman in Hollywood, but sometimes her clothes scream stylist for me, I can never see her personality in her clothes.

Even Kristen Stewart can sometimes show her style sometimes.

6. nokia March 10, 2010 at 9:04 pm #

U didnt include this to the best dressed after party poll šŸ™

7. SarahV March 10, 2010 at 8:49 pm #

I DO love it!! She never gets it wrong, does she?

8. mochababe73 March 10, 2010 at 2:59 pm #

I hated her Oscars dress. This one to me is much better for her petite frame.

• Elaine March 10, 2010 at 7:35 pm #

I also much prefer this to her Oscars gown… wow shes looks fantastic, love the red ombre

9. shaun March 10, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

the dress and her skin tone is amazing…..another great look! she is starting to grow on me, now if she would just gain some much need weight.

10. Joy March 10, 2010 at 11:27 am #

I adore this dress! I’m glad somebody finally wore it on the red carpet.

11. perfumeorpoison March 10, 2010 at 10:47 am #

I loooove this look!!!! Even better so than the Oscars dress. She looks so statesque and the color on the hem of the skirt is so vibrant .. I dislike the bracelets though. Oh and I’d love to see which shoes she wore with this.

12. Catarina March 10, 2010 at 8:02 am #

Much, much better than that giant origami of a dress!

13. Alfredo March 10, 2010 at 7:16 am #

I like it, she would make a much better muse and spokes model for Givenchy than Ciara. What were they thinking?

14. Caroline March 10, 2010 at 5:50 am #

Are you kidding? This is perfect after the drama of her actual Oscars gown… like the lime after a margarita

• Fashion Critic March 10, 2010 at 8:46 am #

No I’m not kidding.

*why do people say that?*

• barbara March 10, 2010 at 6:44 pm #

caroline, i agree, she looks outstanding. the best ive seen in a while,

15. HeelShields March 10, 2010 at 4:28 am #

You comment about the purse was on point. I didn’t like her in the dress as much as the model – something just wasn’t right. The purse was just wrong.

16. mol March 10, 2010 at 3:13 am #

Beautiful, but I agree the clutch could be smaller…..still, I love seeing this as, at the end of the day, I ended up not loving Zoe’s Oscar gown so much – I kept thinking of castanents and spanish dancers whenever I looked at all those ruffles……that and other things made it ultimately became a disappointment to me (lots of my friends loved it though……)