Menu

January 24, 2010

2010 SAG Awards – Toni Collette In Rafael Cennamo

Most Disappointing Award
When I saw this Rafael Cennamo strapless gold and blush gown on Toni Collette the first person to come to mind was Nicole Richie.

Nicole would go ape for this maxi look, but I think Toni is better than this. Especially considering how much of a knock out she was at the Globes in Elie Saab.

This is was a huge step back for me.

The gown itself is nice, especially the beaded bodice with turquoise touches which Toni complemented her matching earrings, but I didn’t like the tiered skirt.

Her look was complete with a gold crystal and leather Daniel Swarovski Lana clutch.

Credit: Wireimage

2010 SAG Awards - Kyra Sedgwick In Vera Wang

2010 SAG Awards – Kyra Sedgwick In Vera Wang

2010 SAG Awards - Mo'Nique

2010 SAG Awards – Mo’Nique

21 Responses to 2010 SAG Awards – Toni Collette In Rafael Cennamo

1. camila February 19, 2010 at 3:58 am #

who wore it better mexican singer paulina rubio wore that dress today at the premio lo nuestoro in miami to day

2. Fashionhappy January 29, 2010 at 2:45 am #

This was my best pick for the night, she looks fabulous and i think the dress is gorgeous from top to toe…

3. Laura January 25, 2010 at 7:53 am #

I love Toni but I just think this dress is too young and girly for her.

4. Linda January 25, 2010 at 2:09 am #

The pic showing the waist up is very nice, but the full body pic is just awful! That skirt is incredibly unflattering.

5. Crazyfashionaddict January 25, 2010 at 12:46 am #

Wow Really? F.C, I thought she looked young , fresh, glowing and comfortable… and for me that translates into sexy, sexy, sexy… It didn’t look like she was trying to be something that she wasn’t….

6. Lisa Villeneuve January 25, 2010 at 12:31 am #

I love it!

7. SarahV January 24, 2010 at 9:52 pm #

I like this look better than the Globes one, so I totally disagree!

8. Chi January 24, 2010 at 9:33 pm #

I disagree I think she looks absolutely beautiful head-to-toe

9. Lou January 24, 2010 at 6:51 pm #

This is a great dress from the waist up – the rest is just bad, BAD.

10. Jennifer January 24, 2010 at 5:59 pm #

The dress makes her look pregnant for me. I agree with FC in that this dress would be much better suited on Nicole Richie for me. Just not a fan, and disappointed as well.

11. Laura January 24, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

I think if the gold wasn’t as shiny I would’ve liked the look. The shiny gold cheepens the look for me. Other than that, I’m fine with the look, but I certainly don’t love it.

12. electra January 24, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

She looked absolutely amazing. She was my best dressed at the event, followed by Kyra Sedgwick, Sandra Bullock, Diane Kruger and Michelle Monaghan.

13. Alex January 24, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

She looks perfect

14. Naomi January 24, 2010 at 2:54 pm #

The bodice is really nice, and the colors are great, but the skirt! It looks so cheap and out of place!
    It’s a shame, cause from the waist up Collette looks amazing.

• mol January 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm #

I agree, from the waist up, Toni looks the best I’ve ever seen her!

15. Katey January 24, 2010 at 2:54 pm #

I disagree…I love this dress soo much on Toni. I think She’s beautiful. and I love the turquoise embellishments on the dress and the matching earings. It’s freshing…

• Flutterbang January 24, 2010 at 3:49 pm #

I’m with you on this, I love the dress and thinks it looks beautiful on Toni

16. Natasa January 24, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

I love Christina Applegate, she is so beutiful, I saw two film with her participation and she is gorgeous actress and this dress by Roberto Cavalli looking very very good.

17. butterflyjonez January 24, 2010 at 2:29 pm #

I love a bit of turquoise, but it’s all a bit too matchy matchy and a tiered gypsy skirt has no business on the red carpet. Bad dress happening to a good person.