Menu

September 25, 2009 Who Wore It Better?

Who Wore Elizabeth & James Better? Shawn Johnson or Isla Fisher

Olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson attended the 2009 CMT Music Awards in Nashville wearing an Elizabeth & James strapless dress with gold sequined heels.

The beautiful silk-chiffon dress has an elastic bodice with pleating at empire waist.

Actress Isla Fisher wore the same dress when she attended the benefit screening of “Crude” in Hollywood last week.

She wore her dress with dove grey heels which I prefer as they work much better with the dress, so Isla wins for me.

This dress is available to purchase from Shopbop.com & myWardrobe.com on sale for $346.50 & £197.

Credit: Wireimage

Runway To Claridge's Hotel - Victoria Beckham In Dolce & Gabbanaa

Runway To Claridge’s Hotel – Victoria Beckham In Dolce & Gabbanaa

Milan Fashion Week Spring 2010

Milan Fashion Week Spring 2010

6 Responses to Who Wore Elizabeth & James Better? Shawn Johnson or Isla Fisher

1. Guest May 20, 2019 at 7:18 am #

I love this dress and I love Isla. She is standing rather weird though.

Poor Shawn. She’s just too short to wear that.

2. Guest May 20, 2019 at 7:18 am #

Shawn has an athlete’s body and at her height, the dress is just not flattering at all. Dressing for an athlete’s body is definitely not easy seeing as they’re more muscular and sometimes even bulkier built than other celebrities. Because clothes are typically designed for slim builds, the clothes that female athlete’s wear are rarely if ever, flattering. I must give kudos to Serena and Venus Williams though. They know how to rock a look come rain or shine…

3. Guest May 20, 2019 at 7:18 am #

Shawn is a talented and cute girl. This dress doesn’t do it for her. Her heels ruined it for me

4. Sue Jin September 28, 2009 at 2:55 am #

5. Cheryl September 25, 2009 at 8:02 pm #

6. Jenna September 25, 2009 at 3:05 pm #

I love this dress and I love Isla. She is standing rather weird though.

Poor Shawn. She’s just too short to wear that.