Menu

September 25, 2009 Runway To Red Carpet

White Ribbon Alliance Dinner

Posted by Catherine Kallon

I’ve been waiting for what feels like forever for someone to wear something from the Prada Fall 2009 collection, since Eva Mendes wore a look from the collection back in March.

Jessica Alba has fulfilled that wish by wearing a red velvet floral dress, but what the lord gives with one hand he takes away with the other and those thick black opaques kinda dull the excitement.

Nicole Kidman has been M.I.A. on the red carpet for a long while.

She returned in her favourite designer wearing a black fitted L’Wren Scott lacquered tweed dress with red peep-toes.

At this point I’m just grateful that the dress is not white.

Remember that rather crazy phase?

The Stella McCartney Resort 2010 collection keeps going strong.

This time Naomi Watts wears a black cropped jacket from said collection with a white shirt and black pants.

Georgina Chapman has been accused by many of you for not shaking things up.

Well this is the 3rd time she has worn something not directly off her runway, which will hopefully please you non-believers.

I think her dress was modified from the purple strapless Marchesa Resort 2010 dress, as it has a very similar shape.

The pops of fuschia pink are cute and sassy.

Stunning as always.

I’ve run out of nice things to say about her.

CEO of PepsiCo, Indra Nooyi hosted the event looking gorgeous wearing a Giambattista Valli Fall 2009 peacock print coat/dress.

Why celebrities haven’t worn anything from this stunning collection still baffles me.

Uber models Naomi Campbell and Iman struck a pose together.

Naomi wore an angelic white Azzedine Alaïa dress and Azzedine Alaia python & patent strappy heels, whilst Iman opted for more colour wearing a mustard pencil dress which shows that she’s still got it.

Credit: Style.com & Wenn

Yasmin Le Bon For Wallis

Yasmin Le Bon For Wallis

In Freida Pinto's Closet - Dolce & Gabbana Miss Gin Ruffle Bowler

In Freida Pinto’s Closet – Dolce & Gabbana Miss Gin Ruffle Bowler

42 Responses to White Ribbon Alliance Dinner

1. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

thanks Lee. glad to hear it 😀

2. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

my gosh! Iman and naomi close up! both ladies just breathtakingly beautiful! and together!! wow!

their dresses are beautiful too.. also liking naomi’s ensemble

3. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

I don’t really like Naomi Watts’ ensemble, but oh my, she looks like a fresh faced kid, very pretty! I love the runway version of the Giambattista Valli coat, and lastly, I can’t stop staring at the pix of Naomi and Iman together, what stunning looking women.

4. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

last three pics are the best -love the dress on georgina its so fun!
    Indra Nooyi also made a great choice its so chic and appropriate but not boring!
    and wow naomi and iman are just beyond stunning!!! whatever they are doing is really working cause they look as good now than they did back then! i adore both outfits! the yellow looks so great on iman!!

5. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

I don’t like Jessica’s tights, but the boots/pants on the runway weren’t so great either. It would be nice to see the dress with neither as it could be lovely.

Jessica had her hair down the next day with that lovely blue dress was wearing, it looks tons better. (And no tights!)

6. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

I LOVED Georgina’s look and I am not a fan of many prints. TOO CUTE

7. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

Actually I am usually not a fan of bright pink either!

8. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

LOL @ what the lord gives with one hand he takes away with the other. Let the church say amen!
    It’s not just the tights. It’s the shoes too and if she doesn’t get rid of that blonder hair as soon as she can…

9. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

Yeah can you believe that a 54 years old woman can look THAT good? and what about Naomi? she is already 39! stunning. Simply stunning.

10. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

Iman is 54?! No way!

11. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

I don’t like this Jessica Alba’s blonde hair
    Nicole and Gwyneth (ops… Naomi) chic as always
    Georgina looks beautiful and HOT
    right now… STOPPPP
    WOW *——-*
    How beautiful and HOT² Iman is 😮
    She’s 54 years-old and she’s definitely looks 15 years younger *-*
    Naomi is hot too ♥
    They are my new black divas (feature Beyoncé, Rihanna and Grace Jones off course)

12. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

Personally, I don’t like tights that are opaque. They just ruin any look for me. I really wish this trend would die already. Jessica Alba is a big fan of tights though.

Oh well…

13. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

I looove Naomi’s shoes. So fierce, and her lwd is cute. Also Iman was rocking that dress, she’s always glowing.

As for the rest, nothing impressed me much. Especially Nicole Kidman that looks awful as usual in a L’Wren Scott dress. And Georgina Chapman, that is such a glamour girl, looks like she was not having a nice day.

14. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

What an awful look for Jessica – What was she thinking? And that hair is so wrong for her! Would have loved to seen her in something younger, chicer and with more personality. She’s so beautiful but this look was dreadful. I hope she took some pointers from Georgina, Iman or Naomi as they all looked lovely at this event.

15. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

I admire her now too. 😀

16. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

Woah! I like. 😀
    Indra Nooyi, I <3 you.
    Am sorry am being hyper FC, but I have admired this woman for a very long time now. I love her Giambattista Valli coat too. And that mustard yellow dress on Iman.
    My favorite though, is Georgina, with her stunning dress!

17. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

yes thanks I forgot to write that

18. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

Naomi is also wearing Azzedine Alaia gladiator sandals. Stunning!

19. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

LOL!

20. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

Maybe it is just these photos, but Nicole is looking a little more like herself. Like she laid off the botox for a little while and dyed her hair the proper red. I hope so b/c I have missed her ability to emote.

21. Guest June 7, 2019 at 1:11 am #

Love your site Fashion Critic 🙂

I liked what Jessica wore, think it looks better with tights than those ugly pants on the runway. I however, do not like her with blonde hair.

Nicole looks great as always.

Naomi – I prefer the runway look to what she paired with the jacket.

Georgina – love the dress and shoes.

Indra – think the dress would of looked better with a belt like on the runway, considering her figure.

Naomi and Iman – I like Iman’s dress better but really like Naomi’s heels. (“,)

22. kim September 27, 2009 at 4:19 am #

Naomi is hot too ♥

• Ahot September 25, 2009 at 7:59 pm #

• Stuti September 26, 2009 at 6:01 pm #

Iman is 54?! No way!

26. justme September 25, 2009 at 6:46 pm #

27. Kim September 25, 2009 at 6:00 pm #

Actually I am usually not a fan of bright pink either!

28. Kim September 25, 2009 at 5:59 pm #

I LOVED Georgina’s look and I am not a fan of many prints. TOO CUTE

29. k September 25, 2009 at 5:51 pm #

30. nicole September 25, 2009 at 5:43 pm #

last three pics are the best -love the dress on georgina its so fun!

31. mol September 25, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

32. sydneycheapchic September 25, 2009 at 1:26 pm #

their dresses are beautiful too.. also liking naomi’s ensemble

33. Lee September 25, 2009 at 1:14 pm #

Love your site Fashion Critic 🙂

Nicole looks great as always.

Naomi – I prefer the runway look to what she paired with the jacket.

Georgina – love the dress and shoes.

Naomi and Iman – I like Iman’s dress better but really like Naomi’s heels. (“,)

• Fashion Critic September 25, 2009 at 1:27 pm #

thanks Lee. glad to hear it 😀

34. Ally September 25, 2009 at 12:46 pm #

• Linda September 25, 2009 at 5:02 pm #

LOL!

35. Terry September 25, 2009 at 12:36 pm #

Naomi is also wearing Azzedine Alaia gladiator sandals. Stunning!

• Fashion Critic September 25, 2009 at 1:04 pm #

yes thanks I forgot to write that

36. Stuti September 25, 2009 at 12:16 pm #

Woah! I like. 😀
    Indra Nooyi, I <3 you.
    My favorite though, is Georgina, with her stunning dress!

• Fashion Critic September 25, 2009 at 1:01 pm #