Menu

September 7, 2009 Runway To Red Carpet

The Deauville American Film Festival started this weekend, and the first major star to walk the red carpet was Rachel McAdams.

Rachel wore a Stella McCartney Resort 2010 dress, which has been shortened from the gown version presented.

Rachel could have worked either look on the runway and still looked fabulous.

Her cute short sassy look was paired with black peep-toes and a bold pink lip colour on the windy evening.

A lot of people seem to think that Rachel is wearing the same jacket Rumer Willis wore just last week.

I disagree. Rumer is actually wearing a jacket to Rachel’s dress.

Rumer’s jacket has a deep plunge and padded shoulders, to Rachel’s dress with an nude illusion panel on the front.

The only similarities for me is the lace, long sleeves and the designer.

I love premiere look, but I wasn’t so crazy about the other Stella McCartney Resort 2010 blue striped dress Rachel wore to the photocall.

The dress needed the belt or any belt to give it some shape, plus I would’ve preferred a daintier heel.

You many remember Diane Kruger wore the a tulip skirt in this same striped blue material recently.

Credit: Fame Pictures, Style.com & Wireimage

On The Set Of Sex And The City 2 With Sarah Jessica Parker Wearing Christian Dior

Runway To The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien - Jennifer Connelly In Phi

Runway To The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien – Jennifer Connelly In Phi

9 Responses to Runway To The Time Traveller’s Wife Premiere At Deauville American Film Festival – Rachel McAdams In Stella McCartney

1. whitestroke September 8, 2009 at 8:17 pm #

The 2nd look definitely needed a belt. Love the first look, but I still hope someone will wear the original version too, altogether with a bow. :p

The number of celebrities wearing pieces from this collection just goes to prove how amazing it was. One of Stella’s best, in my opinion.

2. Pen Pen September 8, 2009 at 2:33 am #

Can we please please please have the 1st look for BDOTW :D?

3. Catherine September 8, 2009 at 1:41 am #

Rachel looks gorgeous in that first dress, really love the lace designs from the Stella McCartney collection.

Love the color of the photocall dress but i agree she needed a belt or something to give it some shape.

4. Sally September 7, 2009 at 11:14 pm #

Rachel looks amazing. The first look is superb.

5. antoneLLina September 7, 2009 at 6:17 pm #

love the first look…………wow!

6. Linda September 7, 2009 at 6:03 pm #

Gorgeous in the first dress. I really, really wish she had worn the belt with the blue dress though, because it would have looked so great on her.

7. Aideen September 7, 2009 at 5:17 pm #

Is it just me or does it seem that there’s a trend towards shorter, more cocktail dresses on the red carpet at film premieres, compared to a year or 2 ago when a gown was more common. Even the post you did for the Daytime Emmys, where you would expect a proper gown, the people who wore them looked a bit over done, a bit Kate Beckinsaleish. kinda disspointed by it

8. marve September 7, 2009 at 4:57 pm #

I love her Photocall look although it is a bit baggy on her. I honestly thought it was the same as Rummer, IMO Rachel wore it A LOT BETTER!!

9. Flutterbang September 7, 2009 at 4:10 pm #

I actually love the blue striped dress on Rachel, it makes her look very tall and elegant.

Much prefer Rumor’s jacket to Rachel’s dress of the first outfit, though.