Menu

July 3, 2009 Who Wore It Better?

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Claire Danes, Dasha Zhukova or Chelsea Handler

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Claire Danes arrived at the Film Independent’s Spirit Awards held at Santa Monica Beach earlier this year wearing a two tone Lanvin Spring 2009 strapless bustier dress, with a gathered skirt.

Her look was made more interesting with a nude Lanvin necklace from the same collection, but dialed down with uninteresting black peep-toes.

Dasha Zhukova opted for the same Lanvin dress when she attended “The Hermitage 20/21 Dinner at Sotheby’s” in London back in April.

She added a simple gold necklace, taupe heels and a box clutch.

Funny woman Chelsea Handler for once wowed me at the “Women In Film’s 2009 Crystal + Lucy Awards” in California when she walked the red carpet wearing the same dress.

This has to be the most sophisticated I have ever seen Chelsea look, as she paired her dress with champagne heels and a Nancy Gonzalez clutch.

Claire is ruled out because of her uninspiring heels.

Dasha wins because she could make a black bin liner look chic, plus her accessories complemented her look better than the other two.

Credit: Wireimage

Runway To "Causa Y Efecto" Video - Paulina Rubio In Balmain

Runway To “Causa Y Efecto” Video – Paulina Rubio In Balmain

Runway To Chateau de Versailles - Carla Bruni-Sarkozy In L'Wren Scott

Runway To Chateau de Versailles – Carla Bruni-Sarkozy In L’Wren Scott

10 Responses to Who Wore Lanvin Better? Claire Danes, Dasha Zhukova or Chelsea Handler

1. Guest May 29, 2019 at 8:23 am #

Claire for me also.
    Simply because of the way the dress looks around her waist.

2. Guest May 29, 2019 at 8:23 am #

I’m not a fan of this dreary dress, but Claire’s necklace saves it from a total bore! She wins automatically!

3. Guest May 29, 2019 at 8:23 am #

They all look nice but I pick Dasha.
    For me it’s the fit. I think Claire looks a bit flat, Chelsea looks a bit bulky on top. Dasha it looks like it fits her just right. I also like her shoe choice more.

4. Guest May 29, 2019 at 8:23 am #

I was going to vote for Claire but then I saw the heels. Even if the necklace is such a good choice, the heels really ruined the whole look, so finally I took Dasha.

5. Guest May 29, 2019 at 8:23 am #

Claire for me. When i first saw her outfit i loved it immediately… i also loved her necklace… i didn’t get such a response with the other two

6. Chiara Popalopa July 6, 2009 at 8:25 pm #

7. Bella July 3, 2009 at 11:10 pm #

They all look nice but I pick Dasha.

8. LolaSvelt July 3, 2009 at 9:27 pm #

9. Gaber July 3, 2009 at 11:18 am #

Claire for me also.
    Simply because of the way the dress looks around her waist.

10. SydneyCheapChic July 3, 2009 at 9:56 am #