Menu

June 29, 2009 Who Wore It Better?

Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Leighton Meester or Hilary Swank

Gossip Girl actress Leighton Meester received a birthday surprise when she appeared on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” back in April – it was her 23rd birthday on 9th April.

As she walked into the studio, Fallon had the entire audience join in the surprise as tons of confetti were released.

He wore a special birthday hat during the show whilst she wore a Marc Jacobs blue, black and yellow print dress with Christian Louboutin Differa heels.

Hilary Swank wore the same dress during the same month, when she arrived at the “Los Angeles Antiques Show opening night preview party” at the Barker Hanger at Santa Monica Airport.

The Oscar winning actress wore her dress with black open-toe sandals whilst carrying a black shoulder bag.

I predict Leighton will win this, but I much prefer this dress on Hilary. Leighton wears the matching self-tie too high up for my liking.

Credit: NBCu Photobank/ZUMA Press & Wireimage

Best Dressed Of The Week - Blake Lively & Marion Cotillard

Best Dressed Of The Week – Blake Lively & Marion Cotillard

2009 BET Awards

2009 BET Awards

6 Responses to Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Leighton Meester or Hilary Swank

1. tash July 14, 2009 at 11:05 am #

i think thats just a bad angle of leighton. but quite frankly, i dont think it suits either of them.

2. Fashion Critic June 29, 2009 at 2:38 pm #

I’m glad my prediction was wrong…so far

3. Ally June 29, 2009 at 1:39 pm #

I completely agree about the tie, it makes her look wider than she is. Which is insane since she is so thin! Really it doesn’t seem to be a very flattering dress in general.

4. robbie June 29, 2009 at 12:41 pm #

hilary wins this for me, she makes it elegant/ the tie on leightons is too high which seem to make it stick out too much.

5. André June 29, 2009 at 8:27 am #

I have to agree – the tie on Leighton’s dress is far too high. It seems to lose a bit of its elegance.

6. Pablo June 29, 2009 at 8:11 am #

As much as I (usually) love Leighton Meester, Hillary Swank has a natural elegance which can rarely be outshined!! Especially if the rival has her legs wide open as Miss. Waldorf has in this pic!! 🙂