Menu

June 16, 2009 Who Wore It Better?

Who Wore Marley Better? Kim Kardashian or Rihanna

Kim Kardashian ‘duped’ me into thinking her white blazer was from Balmain when it was actually from Marley.

She wore her blazer with a black mini Balmain skirt, a printed top, and Jil Sander black patent heels when she walked the red carpet for the LA premiere of “The Taking of Pelham 123”.

Rihanna recently stepped out in New York surprisingly wearing the same Marley blazer, when is known for wearing a lot of Balmain.

Her blazer was worn with a grey tee, silver accessories, a heavily embellished Prada clutch, J Brand tie-dye skinny jeans and Maison Martin Margiela ankle boots.

Of the two looks I would pick Rihanna’s mostly because of the fact that I love her jeans.

These jeans are available to purchase from Net-A-Porter International for £235/€288.38. The Marley jacket is now sold out.

Credit: Splash & Wireimage

Runway To Grazia Party - Donatella Versace in Versace

Runway To Grazia Party – Donatella Versace in Versace

2009 CFDA Awards - Worst Dressed

2009 CFDA Awards – Worst Dressed

30 Responses to Who Wore Marley Better? Kim Kardashian or Rihanna

1. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

no doubt rihanna wore the blazer better.
    rihanna rocks this look!!

kim has impressed me a lot when she appeared with these outfits, but i really wanna said, take off your blazer!!!

the blazer makes her shoulder a lot “HUGE”!

2. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

HA

3. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

I agree I dont like the jeans

4. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

kim all the way, those jeans rihanna is wearing are vile looking. i cant stand tie dye jeans they always look like birds have crapped all over them lol.

5. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

Aditi,

I do a lot of research before putting out blog posts and you can see from this picture on just jared

that the edges on Rihanna’s blazer are rounded.

This front on picture was the best I could find.

Thanks for your comment.

6. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

I know your research is impeccable 🙂 – just thought maybe you’d overlooked this. cheers.

7. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

I think Rihana is wearing Balmian – The edges of Kim’s Blazer are rounded, which is how you’d spotted that she was not wearing Balmian. From the pic above, it doesn’t look as if Rihana’s are rounded.

8. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

LOL I have so many jeans, that something like this seems a bit fresh to me, despite nearly everyone in Hollywood now is wearing them.

9. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

i really really HATE this jeans…..i don’t know why you like them………they make her look fater than she is and are whit these awful patterns…this is my oppinion

10. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

Yep Brian Reyes

11. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

Does anyone know the designer of the white jacket rihanna wore a few weeks ago. it has short sculpted shoulders. i think it’s brian reyes

12. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

You make a very good point.

I was totally shocked to see her wear this cheaper version.

13. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

i love rihanna’s look…but i’ve just realized something.

rihanna looks for your who wore it better polls.

why else would she wear this marley blazer when she has only been wearing balmain?

14. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

kimmy k all the way

15. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:18 am #

I totally think that Kim should have worn the outfit sans blazer as it seems to go better without; but it’s okay though overall.

Rihanna’s outfit would’ve been great if she wasn’t so complicated with the clutch and belt which seems to not go together too well here; her jeans are quite detailed which also adds to the confusion.

Kim wins this because she kept it simple and easy!

16. Jackie June 17, 2009 at 6:20 am #

Kim wins this because she kept it simple and easy!

17. jc June 17, 2009 at 2:31 am #

kimmy k all the way

18. zoe June 16, 2009 at 11:02 pm #

i love rihanna’s look…but i’ve just realized something.

rihanna looks for your who wore it better polls.

• Fashion Critic June 16, 2009 at 11:09 pm #

You make a very good point.

I was totally shocked to see her wear this cheaper version.

19. jasmine June 16, 2009 at 5:39 pm #

• Fashion Critic June 16, 2009 at 5:41 pm #

Yep Brian Reyes

20. leele June 16, 2009 at 2:37 pm #

• Fashion Critic June 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm #

21. Aditi June 16, 2009 at 8:52 am #

22. robbie June 16, 2009 at 8:43 am #

• Fashion Critic June 16, 2009 at 8:58 am #

HA

• AsiaLatrice June 16, 2009 at 9:28 pm #

I agree I dont like the jeans

23. Karen June 16, 2009 at 7:37 am #

no doubt rihanna wore the blazer better.
    rihanna rocks this look!!

the blazer makes her shoulder a lot “HUGE”!