Menu

June 4, 2009

Rodarte Private Dinner

Last night Kate Bosworth was the hosted for an intimate dinner for the Laura and Kate Mulleavy, who make up the design duo for Rodarte.

The dinner took place at Harvey Nichols in London.

The host glowed wearing a nude ethereal dress, from the Spring 2009 collection, which had a leather pleated skirt, and a knit bodice and sleeves. Her subtle accessories included an elegant apricot clutch, and gold peep-toes.

The neutral theme continued to her flawless make-up.

Emma Watson was by far my favourite of the two, wearing a deconstructed black, blue and white Spring 2009 dress, with two tone Chanel Spring 2009 Couture ankle strap heels.

The blue and the black skirt of Emma’s dress, reminds me of the Rodarte gown which Reese Witherspoon wore to the Oscars this year.

Emma totally owns her look, without appearing to try too hard, as many may have tried to interpret the look.

I glad neither was prepared to follow Rihanna and wear the leather cut-out thigh highs.

Source: Style.com & Getty

Visionaire 56 Solar

Visionaire 56 Solar

Who Wore Lipsy London Better? Madeline Duggan or Adele Silver

Who Wore Lipsy London Better? Madeline Duggan or Adele Silver

75 Responses to Rodarte Private Dinner

1. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

I was waiting for this event,to see it here ^^
    Kate is graceful,chic and sweet.The dress is lovely as much as her.
    Emma looks beautiful!I love the shoes,but I would have opted for different hair.
    Anyway,really cute girls!

2. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

if your mother wears that, i need to meet this woman.

kate’s the winner here, she’s taken a look that looked quite limp on the runway and turned into a total stunner. emma’s chosen a look that looked good on the runway and put it on herself. poor emma’s just made it hard on herself.

3. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

I prefer Kate’s more polished style. Do not understand all the hype over Emma. She seems like she is playing in her mother’s closet. Pleeese!

4. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

Both girls look great, though like many commenters I feel that Kate’s dress suits her more, Emma hasn’t really found her own style yet! I was half expecting Keira Knightley to be there, I’m a little disappointed she wasn’t – has she moved on from Rodarte?

5. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

agreed on the vice versa comment

6. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

I’d say rather Kate than Emma – although it’s not quite fair, since we all know Kate looks always flawless, no matter what she’s wearing. Anyway, I think it’s great Kate got the softened version, and Emma the bolder frock – vice versa wouldn’t work.

7. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

both look amazing! thank god for no tights (leather cut out or not, tights would have ruined these looks).. I dont know why but im slightly leaning towards Kate i think she looks flawless!
    Emma has turned into such a liitle fashionista, its refreshing to see a young actress that is not a trainwreck like many of the American “it” girls.

8. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

they both look sensational!!! i adore kate, and i think the nude color palette works really well for her! but i’m glad emma went bolder, after all she’s young- and if she can’t pull it off who can?? 😉

9. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

Both look great ,May be Emma can be in the running for the best dressed list ..!!!

10. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

lol, yeah, sometimes i read other blogs/sites and they have some reeeeeeaaaaaaaal country folk who have the gall to insult a style that’s forward or sensational. no, you idiot, not everyone can subscribe to your polo/uggs aesthetic.

11. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

LOL @ reeeeeeaaaaaaaal country folk.

So true.

12. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

Agree with everything written here I think they both look fantastic although as already pointed out I favour Emma because of the boldness. Whats absolutely unbelievable is the sky showbiz page has called it Emma’s frightening frock! Curse them!

13. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

I love both of them, but Kate looks gorgeous. The nude really flatters her.

14. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

Kate looks pristine, like Cinderella, and Emma her stepsister who got second-best. Much prefer Kate, so elegant.

15. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

I agree, which I why I prefer Emma.

16. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

Im really surprised most people are leaning for Kate’s look! Yes it’s great but I personally feel that Emma didnt want to blend in the background and she did it the right way (unlike reality stars who show their bras every chance they get *cough Audrina Patridge cough*)

17. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

i love Emma here.

18. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

I like Emma’s look but I’m in love with Kate’s, actually I’m in love with Kate’s style.

19. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

you could be right.

Had Rihanna not worn them in such a ridiculous way, maybe Kate would have worn them

20. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

i guess i am the only one who wanted to see the tights. rihanna looked like a clown but i feel like the would have worked with kate’s nude look plus she has the fashion clout to pull it off

21. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

Emma’s Chanel shoes are perfect for this dress! I love what she’s wearing.

22. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

i prefer kate’s look much more- i think the nude colouring suits her much more than the blue and black on emma which i think is a little too much for her.

23. Guest April 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

Emma = Best dressed!

24. whitestroke June 5, 2009 at 8:40 pm #

I LOVE both of their looks. Especially Emma Watson.

25. denise June 5, 2009 at 5:40 pm #

I feel like I have seen Emma’s dress a few times before. Plus her hair and shoes are awful. Kate looks so beautiful.

26. Ling June 5, 2009 at 4:40 pm #

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2009 at 5:00 pm #

I’m disappointed too. I would have put money on Keira being there.

27. Liza Sullivan June 5, 2009 at 2:52 pm #

• ben June 7, 2009 at 9:55 am #

if your mother wears that, i need to meet this woman.

28. Alice[*] June 5, 2009 at 12:41 pm #

I was waiting for this event,to see it here ^^
    Kate is graceful,chic and sweet.The dress is lovely as much as her.
    Anyway,really cute girls!

29. Kel June 5, 2009 at 10:55 am #

I love both their looks – can’t decide which I like better!
    Both so effortlessly beautiful.
    Thanks for updating so frequently! I check your website every day, it’s awesome 😀

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2009 at 11:14 am #

welcome 🙂

30. Boeshane June 5, 2009 at 9:09 am #

I just discovered this site ! It’s amazing ! Crazy I didn’t saw it before !
    Here, I love the nude look of Kate, but Emma is the one I remarke with this risky choice. She’s young, so she can do it, and she do it well. Earlier, I saw a pic of her back with this dress on one of those gossip blog, and it’s awesome ! If you didn’t saw it, you should !

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2009 at 9:34 am #

I’m glad you found me 🙂

31. lily June 5, 2009 at 8:25 am #

I think the best statement regarding both dresses came from some girl at livejournal’s fashinfags.
    She said: Kate is wearing the Rodarte while the Rodarte is wearing Emma.

So true. This dress is just too much for Emma- but that’s just my opinion.

32. hashire June 5, 2009 at 3:06 am #

I just don’t think Emma is rocking that look. I feel like she’s trying to be edgy but it isn’t working. I’m not feeling the shoes either, because they’re really rather plain, and her hair is a hot mess. You can’t see it in that picture, but it’s just . . . limply hanging there. It looks like she didn’t wash it or try to do anything with it.

33. DM June 5, 2009 at 1:43 am #

I think Kate Bosworth looks amazing!

34. sydneycheapchic June 5, 2009 at 12:26 am #

I prefer Kate’s look as well. she’s just absolutely beautiful here. I do think the lighting also adds to the effect though

35. cari June 5, 2009 at 12:08 am #

i love both their looks, but does anyone get the feeling that the dress is kind of wearing emma? lol, i check this site every five minutes (what?? FC updates a lot!), and didn’t actually look at emma’s face until maybe the 20th time.

36. mol June 4, 2009 at 11:38 pm #

I feel that Emma’s look is tougher to pull off – they both look fantastic, but i appreciate the difficulty of Emma’s dress. p.s. i am addicted to your wonderful site!

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2009 at 8:19 am #

thanks Mol xx

37. margaret June 4, 2009 at 11:34 pm #

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2009 at 8:21 am #

you could be right.

38. Alexis June 4, 2009 at 11:26 pm #

39. Bego June 4, 2009 at 10:54 pm #

i love Emma here.

40. Marvel June 4, 2009 at 10:26 pm #

• Fashion Critic June 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm #

I agree, which I why I prefer Emma.

41. T June 4, 2009 at 9:54 pm #

42. Talita June 4, 2009 at 9:15 pm #

I love both of them, but Kate looks gorgeous. The nude really flatters her.

43. jennyw June 4, 2009 at 8:58 pm #

• Fashion Critic June 4, 2009 at 9:13 pm #

Just shows what they know.

Sky showbiz annoys me.

They have a fashion page, yet know nothing about fashion

• cari June 5, 2009 at 12:04 am #

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2009 at 8:18 am #

LOL @ reeeeeeaaaaaaaal country folk.

So true.

44. fashionistachick June 4, 2009 at 8:12 pm #

45. kellyn June 4, 2009 at 7:59 pm #

46. nicole June 4, 2009 at 6:59 pm #

47. David June 4, 2009 at 6:47 pm #

• Fashion Critic June 4, 2009 at 6:49 pm #

agreed on the vice versa comment

48. Marvel June 4, 2009 at 6:38 pm #

Emma = Best dressed!

49. sophie June 4, 2009 at 6:34 pm #

50. Paris Pastry June 4, 2009 at 6:02 pm #

Emma’s Chanel shoes are perfect for this dress! I love what she’s wearing.