Menu

May 4, 2009 Runway to Sidewalk

Victoria Beckham’s Brand New Hermes Travel Kelly Bag

Victoria Beckham arrived in New York over the weekend, ahead of her new Emporio Armani ad campaign unveiling at Macy’s in New York, plus she is attending the Costume Institute Gala tonight.

There was a time when I was always excited to see what Victoria wore, but I can’t help be extremely bored by this look.

Firstly because she has worn this look many times before, secondly she used to be an innovator when it came to fashion, what’s with the constant recycling of a look, that has become so tired in a very short space in time?

Thirdly, the large white Hermes Travel Kelly Bag 55cm bag, is not as shocking as it was when her BFF Katie Holmes carried it last year.

Victoria have you become boring and predictable?

Say it ain’t so.

Source & Source & Source

Who Wore Marchesa Better? Thandie Newton or Georgina Chapman

Who Wore Marchesa Better? Thandie Newton or Georgina Chapman

Runway To "Rally For Kids With Cancer" - Eva Longoria In Carlos Miele

Runway To "Rally For Kids With Cancer" – Eva Longoria In Carlos Miele

52 Responses to Victoria Beckham’s Brand New Hermes Travel Kelly Bag

1. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

You know what? I hate this look. It seems like a costume with the hat and the oversized Birkin – which I don’t it it’s a Birkin because it looks ridiculous next to such skinny women.

2. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

hmm, looks like the Village People to me.

3. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

i still love this look, even though it is a recycled one. we are in a recession after all…and i really think vb is working it <3

4. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

can she even chill?

5. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

YES! you finally see how i feel about victoria. you’re coming around 😉

just kidding. even if our opinions on her differ, i still love ya!

personally, i can’t bare to see these outfits of hers anymore.

6. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

does this mean she will be attending the gala WITHOUT david??? horrors! i can’t think of the last time she walked a carpet alone…
    yes, the all-black and the severe shoulder pads are over for me, as well. she looks so lovely in yellow and pale pink, i wish she’d bring in a bit more seasonal colour…

7. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

No David will not be there. He was the best accesory last year.

8. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

Hi i know this might sound like a stupid question but does anyone know how much would the hermes travel kelly cost?

9. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

oh stop, she was getting off a flight, give the woman a break. it’s not like she dressed intending for an an event look.

10. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

From your comment, it’s very clear you did not understanding the point I’m making with this post, and your purpose was just to attack.

I’m very aware she is getting off a flight, if you read my text you would have known that.

Please re-read, as my point clearly escaped you the first time.

11. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

This woman never smiles ..and yes…she is becoming boring.

12. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

i know what you mean FC, when i opened your post i rolled my eyes too. she has overstretched this look ad nauseum, and its summer, there was so much more she could have done that would have been more comfortable too (that hat looks heavy!).
    I said it last year when i saw katie holmes bag and ill say it now, that oversized hermes is demented. I hate it.

13. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

I wouldn’t worry really, it’s not the first time she gets “stuck” on a certain kind of look. Remember the hot shorts? the waistcoats? I’m confident she’ll change this “military” kind of style before we know it 🙂

14. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

Hmmm… I am guessing she really likes the Balmain jacket and the whole outfit. Apart from VB, no one else has been spotted with the same outfit. And as for the Hermes HAC, she’s daring to get it in white. It’s not as shocking as Katie, but she does pull off the whole look well. And hopefully she will shock us with the Costume gala and EA Macy thingy.

15. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

I’m hoping she wows me tonight. I would hate to put her on the worst dressed list 2 years in a row.

Cleo, I rolled my eyes too LOL.

16. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

That’s a Kelly, not Birkin. So in a way, still fresh look, no?

17. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

That jacket is VERY expensive isn’t it? So maybe that explains why she wants to wear it so much while it’s still hot on trend! 🙂

18. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

Sorry, this look is too much for me too! She looks ‘out of this world’ (and not in a good sense) and the whole package of all those things she is wearing and carrying around is not working for me. It looks too weird. Sorry… I’m sure that she will look outstanding tonight…

19. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

I mean come on ladies, she is one of my favorite people to observe for fashion and I always want to know what she is wearing but if I’m disappointed with a look, I don’t immediately think, “has she lost it? OMG? has she?” I love the girl but she’ll have her off days and she won’t ALWAYS be impressing you, let’s just focus on the 98% of what’s good about her usual outfits and save the 2% for ourselves. It’s not like Drew Barrymore who wasn’t always spectacular and now had a great two weeks so we’re kind of waiting for her to screw up because we know this is temporary.
    Ms Beckham has been fantastic for the past number of years so no, she hasn’t become boring, she simply had an off-putting outfit. 🙂

20. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

I must say i agree with you. Her outfits are coming to be more and more predictable, and that was a thing you could never say about Victoria. She always used to bring something new to fashion, and that’s why i’m a huge fan of her. I didn’t always liked what she wore, but she looked fabulous and took risks. I hope she hasn’t lose that. And i miss her wearing bright colors, she looked so good with colors.

I really NEED her to be PERFECT tonight at the gala.

21. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

I think the white bag she’s carrying is not a HAC, as the handles are completely different. I think this is a Kelly 50 (someone also calls it ‘Travel Kelly’).

22. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

Toety and Terry, Thanks for your comments, I have sent the picture to a friend of mine who knows all about Hermes bags, as he sells them. He will confirm which it is.

I will update the post if it’s not.

I hope I’m not wrong, but if two of you say it’s not a HAC bag, then I guess I am.

23. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

You guys were right and I have updated the post.

Thanks

24. Guest May 12, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

Posh is def losing it. I saw these images on justjared this morning and I was very disappointed! Her looks are getting redundant and boring!!! Get a grib, VB!!!

25. hermeslover June 13, 2009 at 4:55 am #

26. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 10:22 pm #

No David will not be there. He was the best accesory last year.

27. jamie lynn May 4, 2009 at 10:14 pm #

28. Dana May 4, 2009 at 9:00 pm #

YES! you finally see how i feel about victoria. you’re coming around 😉

just kidding. even if our opinions on her differ, i still love ya!

personally, i can’t bare to see these outfits of hers anymore.

29. SWANKY-D May 4, 2009 at 8:48 pm #

can she even chill?

30. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 4, 2009 at 8:27 pm #

31. Anonymous May 4, 2009 at 6:58 pm #

hmm, looks like the Village People to me.

32. Raquel May 4, 2009 at 6:15 pm #

33. cry May 4, 2009 at 5:13 pm #

So predictable look.. Adore it once, like it twice, but now it’s soooo boring!!
    I’d love to see her wearing bright colours, just like her newest yellow Marc Jacobs dress, have you seen that look?
    In this picture she’s wearing cute Stella McCartney decline jeans, available at Net-a-Porter!

34. Lala aka S-R May 4, 2009 at 4:17 pm #

get a grip*

35. Lala aka S-R May 4, 2009 at 4:08 pm #

36. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

You guys were right and I have updated the post.

Thanks

37. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 2:02 pm #

I will update the post if it’s not.

38. Terry May 4, 2009 at 1:56 pm #

39. Lara May 4, 2009 at 12:57 pm #

I really NEED her to be PERFECT tonight at the gala.

40. Kris May 4, 2009 at 12:49 pm #

41. Davor May 4, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

42. Anonymous May 4, 2009 at 11:37 am #

43. Toety May 4, 2009 at 11:14 am #

That’s a Kelly, not Birkin. So in a way, still fresh look, no?

44. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 10:45 am #

Cleo, I rolled my eyes too LOL.

45. Anonymous May 4, 2009 at 10:41 am #

46. Stefano May 4, 2009 at 10:39 am #

47. Cleopatra May 4, 2009 at 10:39 am #

48. Anonymous May 4, 2009 at 10:21 am #

This woman never smiles ..and yes…she is becoming boring.

49. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 10:20 am #

Please re-read, as my point clearly escaped you the first time.

50. mich May 4, 2009 at 10:14 am #