Menu

April 24, 2009 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Evan Rachel Wood At The "Whatever Works" Premiere & After Party

For the Tribeca Film Festival, Evan Rachel Wood walked the red carpet for her new film Whatever Works, which is directed by Woody Allen.

She contrasted her slicked-back red hair with this black Dolce & Gabbana strapless gown, which was decorated with lace details around the bodice and trim.

The actress looked glamorous, and I loved the voluminous puffy skirt, and a sweet-heart neckline.

For the movies after party Evan changed into a black and white sheath dress, from the L’Wren Scott Fall 2009 collection.

The dress had tuxedo shirt bibbed front, and white cuffs, with black contrast buttons.

Both looks are very sophisticated, but the Dolce & Gabbana dress wins me over.

Source & Source

Prada Transformer Show

Prada Transformer Show

Chloé LA Boutique Opening Celebration

Chloé LA Boutique Opening Celebration

12 Responses to Evan Rachel Wood At The "Whatever Works" Premiere & After Party

1. Ange April 26, 2009 at 5:02 pm #

I know the site are mainly about young celebrities, but it would be great if you also show what her co-star – Patricia Clarkson wears, because I really want to know what she wore!!LOL

2. whitestroke April 25, 2009 at 4:44 pm #

I love the first look! In the pictures where she’s in front of a white background it looks even more beautiful. Especially when she’s posing from the side and you can see just how puffy the skirt is, even more from the back. Kudos to her for not deflating it, like many would.
    I’m so proud of myself that I recognized it’s L’Wren Scott when I first saw the second look. I guess the Amishness of it spoke to me.

Evan and MM never really broke up. They just took some time off for a while ’cause he was in LA working on the album, while she’s located in New York for months because of the Broadway show. Now that he finished the record they can spend more time together again. How do I know this and why do I care, I do not know. LOL I’m not a fan of either of them. Especially not him.

3. Kris April 24, 2009 at 8:46 pm #

Kiran this is the wrong post..for your comment..

4. Kiran_Sooknandan April 24, 2009 at 7:51 pm #

I adore Leighton Meester’s arpicot dress. It’s gorgeous with her sun kissed skin and I love that she paired it with those louboutins. she could have gone basic but she took a risk and it paid of

5. Kris April 24, 2009 at 6:13 pm #

The first dress is all nice and everything but the L'Wren Scott looks so wrong on this young, unsophisticated fool of a girl. Wrooooong girl, right dress.
    I wanted to see what Mary-Kate wore to this and…bad choice on my part because she wore..this:

What is that? Oh my.

6. leo April 24, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

I’m always the first to trash L’Wren Scott but this time I almost like the dress. Rachel is so rock ‘n’ roll that she gives that look an edge that Nicole never does, she would be screaming “amish couture” in a dress like this.

The first dress looks beautiful, but it’s a bit ‘been there, done that’.

7. Fashion Critic April 24, 2009 at 5:17 pm #

I was at my BFFs birthday lunch so I’m a little behind. I might have to save that for next week.

I didn’t know she and MM were back to together.

8. Nik April 24, 2009 at 5:00 pm #

BTW FC, no Mary Kate Olsen love? Isn’t she judging at this festival or some junk non working actors are doing…

9. Nik April 24, 2009 at 4:44 pm #

I think the black signals her return to a relationship with Marilyn Manson.

In non fashion related topic, I so can;t wait to see this Woody Allen movie b/c she is paired up with Larry David!

10. Fashion Critic April 24, 2009 at 3:34 pm #

That’s the very reason I didn’t make it an issue, as like you said, none of it seems like safe options nor are they boring

11. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 3:32 pm #

I am surprised that the Fashion Critic didn’t comment on all the black. She is wearing a lot of black but none of it seems safe or boring to me.

• glenn September 17, 2011 at 6:11 am #

i know she looks great !!!!