Menu

April 2, 2009

Topshop/Topman VIP Dinner

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Geez how many launch parties does one store opening need?

On Tuesday Topshop had the celebrity packed preview dinner, and again last night it appears the dinner was for the A listers.

You don’t get more A list than Jennifer Lopez, who arrived looking dazzling wearing a white strapless L’Wren Scott Spring 2009 jacquard dress.

Her look was complete with those Christian Louboutin multi buckle sandals, she seems to be obsessed with, and bangs that look like they need an extra inch taken off them.

Kate Moss, who makes her Topshop US debut today, wore her favourite black YSL tux jacket, a tiered minidress, black tights and YSL Trib Two heels.

Rosario Dawson was radiant in a raspberry asymmetric Monique Lhuillier Spring 2009 dress, which had a beautiful gold embellished panel, complimenting her gold Giuseppe Zanotti peep-toes.

Wearing head-to-toe black, Julia Restoin Roitfeld’s look included a black a fringed Topshop dress, with a leather jacket and studded heels.

Anna Wintour and daughter Bee Shaffer were there to support the British brand.

Bee wore a short white Alexander Wang jersey dress, with *shudders* tights and black heels, whilst her mother opted for her favourite Prada Spring 2009 snake print dress, with a maroon velvet Prada Fall 2009 coat.

Jennifer Hudson had to sing for her supper, wearing a Topshop silver sequined tunic, latex black leggings and red peep-toes.

The multi awards winning singer, entertained the guests including Marc Jacobs, and James Blunt, with her hit singles.

Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Michelle Obama Visits The Royal Opera House Wearing Junya Watanabe & Jason Wu

Michelle Obama Visits The Royal Opera House Wearing Junya Watanabe & Jason Wu

In Kim Kardashian's Closet - Tracy Reese Dress

In Kim Kardashian’s Closet – Tracy Reese Dress

30 Responses to Topshop/Topman VIP Dinner

1. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Wow. I’m usually no fan of JLo nor her style, but I LOVE this look. It’s amazing how good she works that length of skirt with such high-up shoes, that would appear so awkward on most.

Hate that dress on Rosario Dawson.

Uhm. Is Bee pregnant? o_O She wore that dress before, I think. At Narciso Rodriguez’s Fall show. Anna is such an ultimate Prada bitch and I love her for it. What a cool combo of Spring and Fall collections.

2. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Jennifer looks like goddess. White is definitely her colour <3

3. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

JLo looks so pretty but I don’t like her pose on some photos. She’s not smiling. Sigh.

4. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

It’s fantastic Ayesha, I agree, but I wouldn’t know who it is by. Sorry

5. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

thanks V 🙂

6. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Anna is wearing a Prada Fall 2009 coat with the Spring 2009 dress, she’s been wearing that coat since Paris Fashion Week

7. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

No more Topshop! Argh! What’s the thrill about getting stuff that a million other people can get.

8. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Fashion Critic, do you know what brand that necklace is that Anna Wintour seems to be always wearing? It’s amazing..

9. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Bee looks a little heavier than I recall her being… No unkind intentions here, but she’s not pregnant is she?

10. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Kris this is Topshop, they live for the tunic, leggings look. So I don’t think anyone would have ‘pounced’ for them looking to informal. 🙂

My problem with tights are they mute looks. Most of these women go from cars straight to events, barely scrapping the red paint off their Louboutin’s, so for me they are unnecessary.

11. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

These comments are so ridiculous, I’m very surprised guys. First of all, young girls shouldn’t wear leggings the way Hudson did because leggings evoke a more sport-oriented look rather than a classic and fashion-forward look, the way tights do. In addition, the ladies who did wear tights in this entry would look very off-kilter wearing a pair of Lindsay Lohan inspired leggings, let’s be real–if they were leggings you all would’ve pounced on them for being too informal at an event.

Anyways, I think Kate looks great and this isn’t predictable, it is simply her style.
    I love the fit of Jennifer Lopez’s dress, I just wish the hem was a bit higher, around her knees,or her shoes didn’t have such high straps because the combination of both cuts her legs down noticeably. I for some reason like her haircut–I didn’t think I would. 🙂

12. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

love love love Rosario’s dress!!! From the colour to the detail i love it on her!
    JLo’s dress seemed to be a little too tight for her but love the shoes and the bangs.

I really like Kate Moss’ dress too. but put together its def a predictable safe look for her.

Nicole

13. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

jennifer looks great, the dress is stunning on her, but im not into her bangs.

kate, looks fantastic but the tights just ruin it. why wear black shoes when you have black tights on? also she ruins it by wearing those annoying YSL trib two shoes.

rosario, is by far best dressed at this event, stunning.

julia, ruins another great look with tights. she looks a little like jessica stam.

anna and bee both look terrible. im so sick of seeing anna constantly wearing snake print dresses.

jennifer WOW she looks stunning, and so delicious. i love the tunis and leggings together. why cant young girls wear leggings instead of tights, it makes their outfit look a little more younger.

14. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

thanks PP

15. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Isn’t Rosario Dawson’s dress Monique Lhullier Spring 2009?

16. whitestroke April 14, 2009 at 8:31 pm #

Hate that dress on Rosario Dawson.

17. Sara April 3, 2009 at 9:54 pm #

24. Sarah April 2, 2009 at 11:15 pm #

25. Fashion Critic April 2, 2009 at 10:28 pm #

26. Kris April 2, 2009 at 10:24 pm #

27. Freida fan April 2, 2009 at 6:46 pm #

Nicole

28. robbie April 2, 2009 at 6:43 pm #

jennifer looks great, the dress is stunning on her, but im not into her bangs.

rosario, is by far best dressed at this event, stunning.

29. Fashion Critic April 2, 2009 at 6:22 pm #

thanks PP

30. Paris Pastry April 2, 2009 at 6:18 pm #

Isn’t Rosario Dawson’s dress Monique Lhullier Spring 2009?