Menu

March 3, 2009

Prada Fall 2009

At first I didn’t love the Prada ‘Lace’ Fall 2008 collection, but after seeing it on the red carpet, it grew on me very quickly. Somehow I don’t even think Cate Blanchett can make me fall in love with the Prada Fall 2009 collection.

The are a few nice pieces here and there, like the finale studded dresses, and the leather trench coats, but overall, it wasn’t to my taste.

The thigh-high fly fishing boots were bizarrely matched with winter shorts, and I can’t see the Captain Caveman fur look, being worn by the most fashion forward magazine editors.

The colour palette consisted of black, rich reds, browns and mustards colour.

I can’t wait to see who can make this work.

Source

"Watchmen" LA Premiere

"Watchmen" LA Premiere

Christian Louboutin Marie Antoinette's

Christian Louboutin Marie Antoinette’s

24 Responses to Prada Fall 2009

1. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

haha no, honestly, i love it. Love your blog too btw. Its addictive! Keep up the good work. 🙂

2. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

I didnt like it neither, this collection has been prada`s worst…I expected a lot from miuccia, as she always has something groundbreaking yet beautiful to present. But this time everything went wrong since the boots, the shorts and those studded flappers..simply awful!
    the only pieces I like were the coats but I think I have seen them over and over again..
    Milan was such a let down, even Versace and Gucci were horrible…only Marni and Alessandro Dell`acqua worked for me..They showed beautiful pieces,and i mean EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL PIECES.

3. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

Fly-fishing boots? Come on… I am pretty sure that these will never arrive on any red carpet! Sorry Prada.

4. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

Versace was GREAT! I’m waiting for your review! 😉

5. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

I’m not a big fan of Prada, but Miuccia is such an interesting designer. Plus, she always anticipates some kind of trend with her shows.

This collection is not her best but I don’t deslike it tottally. Celebrity wise, I think I can see Nicole Kidman pull some of the looks off. And Tilda also.

6. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

i know your very busy fc, but i recently tried on this gorgeous dress at cavalli and i cant seem to find the model picture of it as i wanted to do my own version of from the runway.

if you cant i understand i just came to seem to figure it out and i forgot to ask

7. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

All the models in the photos look like transgender zombies, which does not show the line to good effect. Are these clothes designed for live women?

8. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

The coats were great, and I like some of the dresses and suits. Hate the shorts — they look like adult diapers. HATE!

9. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

File this under “What were they thinking?”

10. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

or Prada needs Tom Ford!

11. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

Awgh, so much negativity! Look at the individual pieces… gorgeous, innovative, unique and forward! Don’t be distracted by the oversized wellingtons… it’s just a bit of styling to add some pizazz. Her unpredictable combination of fabrics and textures is second to none and the silhouette is to die for. I think this is one of her best collections for a while. Im saving my $$$ already. Dear Muccia, so inspiring!

12. Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

I am trying detect if you’re joking.

You gotta be kidding right? LOL 😉

13. Virgo March 5, 2009 at 12:33 am #

14. Fashion Critic March 4, 2009 at 2:24 pm #

I am trying detect if you’re joking.

You gotta be kidding right? LOL 😉

15. Virgo March 4, 2009 at 1:43 pm #

16. Anonymous March 4, 2009 at 9:37 am #

or Prada needs Tom Ford!

17. angel932 March 4, 2009 at 1:16 am #

File this under “What were they thinking?”

18. Gidget Bananas March 3, 2009 at 11:49 pm #