Menu

February 23, 2009 Runway To Red Carpet

Michelle Obama In Peter Soronen

If like me you are feeling very let down by the Oscars, this should put a smile on your face.

The First Lady Michelle Obama joined her husband, President Barack Obama for their first black-tie dinner at the White House on Sunday in Washington.

The dinner was hosted for the National Governors Association.

Michelle looked outstanding wearing as crystal embellished charcoal strapless Peter Soronen Fall 2008 gown, with a multiple strand pearl necklace.

Peter Soronen is also a favourite of Jennifer Hudson.

Source

Who Was The Best Dressed At The Oscars Parties?

Who Was The Best Dressed At The Oscars Parties?

Who Wore Maison Martin Margiela Better? Kerry Washington or Kim Kardashian

Who Wore Maison Martin Margiela Better? Kerry Washington or Kim Kardashian

54 Responses to Michelle Obama In Peter Soronen

1. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

By the way Michelle looks breathtaking. I think this is the best i’ve ever seen her look. Those pearls do nothing but justice to that dress. A+++++++++

2. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

I think she looks **STUNNING**

I ♥♥♥♥ the necklace. I think it looks GREAT.

Am so in love with Michelle Obama right now ! 🙂

3. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m busy compiling my personal list of Worst Dressed for the Oscars–it tends to go along different standards than most people’s.

4. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

I LOVE IT!
    she finally did something different to her hair (which has always bothered me). gorgeous!!!

5. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

Wow wow stunning…

6. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

Absolutely stunning!!!!!

7. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

This is divine!! Her make up is flawless and the dress fits right.

8. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

michelle looks so perfect. she HAS to be in the running for best dressed of the week. her skin looks so perfect here. like milk chocolate. and the pearls are the perfect touch. that dress is slinky, sexy, yet still sophisticated. and her hair looks so pretty too. <333333333 can you have a girl crush on the first lady? hahaha

9. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

ps:FC i know u must be all burnt out from the oscars but i just saw this pic of Freida at an afterparty for the movie.

Can u id it? love the bodice and the colour on her.

Nicole

10. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

Beautiful dress! btw thanks FC for all your hard work over the past few weeks with fashion and award show posting we all appreciate it 🙂

11. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

WOW. Stunning. The multi pearl strands were the right touches for that dress. It fit her very well.

12. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

truly amazing. here she comes, a modern sexy first lady. love it. and this necklace!

13. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

she looks amazing…love the hair, the pearls and the dress…what makes it perfect is the way barack is looking at her…just fab

14. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

I think she looks nice but strapless dresses always make her look too hippy. She needs a little more fabric up top to balance her out.

15. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

I must respectfully disagree, fashionist. A beautiful woman should show her curves, not “compensate” for them, unless she truly is bottom heavy. One certainly cannot say that about the beauteous Ms. Obama!

16. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

Once again – not impressed. Very bland. Why is everyone fawning over this look (and most all of her looks in general) when it’s actually quite boring. The accessories are way too much and are overpowering the dress – no necklace and a large bracelet would have worked better. Also, the dress is not a good fit as you can clearly see the upper portion is to constricting.

17. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

I agree that women should celebrate their curves and show them off but this dress makes her look like she has no bust and so makes her hips look big.

18. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

stunning. postively stunning. the colour looks amazing on her.

im in love with michelle right now.

19. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

Sarah Jessica Parker ofter wore Peter Soronen’s dresses some years ago.

20. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

Wow, she looks gorgeous! Love the dress, the hairstyle, and the curves! 🙂

21. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

I agree she looked fab. Dissapointed with Taraji’s choice for the Oscars.

Uduak

22. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

FC, can you please stop giving the annoymous commenters power. It’s starting to make you look classless and if not just as bad as them, for exposing it all to all of us. Your being a bit clueless to the fact that your falling for their games.

Michelle looks amazing by the way.

23. Guest April 11, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

Susanna, you’re right and it stops now.

24. Rock*Star February 24, 2009 at 10:07 pm #

I think she looks **STUNNING**

I ♥♥♥♥ the necklace. I think it looks GREAT.

Am so in love with Michelle Obama right now ! 🙂

25. Paris February 24, 2009 at 9:21 pm #

26. Paris February 24, 2009 at 9:19 pm #

i love love love love love love love love your blog. I cannot emphasize that enough. Keep up the good work.

God bless

27. Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 6:40 pm #

I am not crazy about her or her politics, and her husband was not my first pick for president, however, I have to say, vavavavavVOOM. She looks fantastic! I mean WOW! And hubby looks pleased as punch and proud as well he should be. Love the necklace with this, too.

28. Leo February 24, 2009 at 6:25 pm #

She looks great on it, I love the necklace but her hips look huge with this dress.

29. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 5:48 pm #

DM, I disagree, the necklace makes the dress imo.

30. DM February 24, 2009 at 5:36 pm #

31. Liquorice Clothing February 24, 2009 at 5:36 pm #

32. Hoardmeister February 24, 2009 at 3:38 pm #

33. fashionist February 24, 2009 at 1:40 pm #

34. Shubby Doo February 24, 2009 at 1:33 pm #

35. Ahot February 24, 2009 at 10:42 am #

36. StylistGuru February 24, 2009 at 6:04 am #

37. Danika February 24, 2009 at 5:53 am #

38. freida lover February 24, 2009 at 5:49 am #

Can u id it? love the bodice and the colour on her.

Nicole

39. drinkupthefashion February 24, 2009 at 4:17 am #

40. Elle Woods February 24, 2009 at 2:23 am #

This is divine!! Her make up is flawless and the dress fits right.

41. The Duchess February 24, 2009 at 2:13 am #

Absolutely stunning!!!!!

42. Nicole February 24, 2009 at 1:59 am #

Wow wow stunning…

43. Nikki February 24, 2009 at 1:12 am #

I LOVE IT!

44. Hoardmeister February 24, 2009 at 12:56 am #

45. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 12:20 am #

Susanna, you’re right and it stops now.

46. Susana February 24, 2009 at 12:18 am #

Michelle looks amazing by the way.

47. Ladybrille.com February 24, 2009 at 12:13 am #

I agree she looked fab. Dissapointed with Taraji’s choice for the Oscars.

Uduak

48. Sabina February 23, 2009 at 11:53 pm #

Wow, she looks gorgeous! Love the dress, the hairstyle, and the curves! 🙂

49. Terry February 23, 2009 at 11:42 pm #

Sarah Jessica Parker ofter wore Peter Soronen’s dresses some years ago.

50. robbie February 23, 2009 at 11:42 pm #

stunning. postively stunning. the colour looks amazing on her.

im in love with michelle right now.