Menu

February 23, 2009

17th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party

Claire Danes is gorgeous wearing a Zac Posen Spring 2009 nude dress, with cap sleeves and a black lace overlay with an asymmetrical hem.

Natalia Vodianova arrived with her husband wearing a holey wool Calvin Klein Fall 2009 one-sleeved dress which looked like lace, with two tone peep-toes.

I adore this silk blue Ralph Lauren gown that Olivia Wilde is wearing.

She completes her look with a Daniel Swarovski clutch.

Victoria Beckham arrived looking outstanding wearing a black jersey dress, with sequined shoulders from her own Fall 2009 recently presented collection.

What is up with Eva Longoria and dark colours lately? Bring back the bubblegum pinks, and baby blues immediately.

Having said that, I LOVE this suit on her. She looks fantastic, and this is the best her hair has looked in a long while.

OMG…this is exactly the dress I picked from the Georges Chakra Spring 2009 Couture collection for Carrie Underwood. I knew she would love this, as it’s just her style.

The silver one shoulder dress has strands of Swarovski crystal and pearls which is just exquisite.

She completes her look with a matching Mary Norton clutch.

Sharon Stone wore a black Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2009 lace gown.

It would be hard to wear a bra or nipple covers with this dress, but Sharon could have at least modified the dress with an extra layer, so we were not exposed to her nipples.

Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon wore a stunning gown by up and coming designer Rafael Cennamo. The beautiful black asymmetrical one shoulder gown, had silver pailettes along the bust and strap.

Outstanding, as always.

Rashida Jones wore a sequined taupe sleeveless 3.1 Phillip Lim Ruffle cocoon dress, with pewter strappy sandals.

Eva La Rue’s strapless figure-hugging dress, is incredibly sexy. I love the nude underlay against her caramel skin.

Gina Gershon is wearing the same body-hugging Roberto Cavalli black gown with jeweled detail on the bust, which she wore Tony Awards back in June last year.

Eve’s wore an azure blue halter gown.

Rachel Griffiths wore a 60s vintage Geoffrey Beene gown from Decades Inc. with Roger Vivier shoes, a Lambertson Truex clutch and Neil Lane jewels.

A great look for the mother-to-be.

What happened to Dita von Teese?

This is two in a row that I dislike. The colour and the right side of the Christian Lacroix Fall 2008 Couture dress I really dislike.

Source

On Stage At The 2009 Oscars

On Stage At The 2009 Oscars

2009 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

2009 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

38 Responses to 17th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party

1. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

The Chakra dress is a work of art. Pearls and crystals done so well.

Posh looks good, as she is wearing the dress well but I think its a not a very flattering choice

Dita… oh my. I dont mind the color combo. Its interesting but the cut of the dress falls terribly on her and makes her look square. Its not accentuating her best assets.

2. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

wow this wqhole event is a complete mess.

3. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

Credit where credit is due.. i am one of the Victoria critics where I think she is being overly praised for wearing the same thing and especially for winning the last best dress.. but she does look good in that black dress… I have seen better dresses this week.. BUT i do have to admit she makes what could’ve looked very morticia adams look very classy!

4. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

maybe dita’s dress would be better if the fabric wasn’t so shiny? i like the *idea* of it but something about it needs to change . . .

5. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

i got to agree with anonymous 7:00 victoria made the dress work to her lean figure. else anyone else may look like the adams family. du du du du *snaps finger*

6. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

This Ralph Lauren gown is so Carolyn Basset-Kennedy circa 1994. Meh.

I’m not fond on suits on the red carpet, but Eva looks sexy. The other Eva looks stunning and I bet she made a lot of necks turn.

Love Rashida’s dress. Fun and funky, fresh and young. I would love to have this one.

7. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

I really like the blue on Eve.

8. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

Carrie Underwood looks awesome!!

LoVe Eva La Rue’s dress, sooo hot!!

Love Eve look also, very lady like. Impressive!

Sharon Stone, what can I say?? She’s one of a kind!!

I love Victoria’s dress. It looks fabulous on her!!

So glad Victoria and Eva are growing their hair out!

Caligirl

9. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

Carrie Underwood looks AMAZING!!!!
    And she has a HUGE heart she donated 5,ooo to the Hiv/Aids foundation.
    Carrie is simply the best

10. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

That LaCroix fall 08 RTW number Dita is wearing looked awful on the runway model .. a rarity in itself. Its too bulky for her.

Carries dress is just divine and perfect for this event.

Sharon can do no wrong usually, but I agree too much showing for her age.

11. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

If you take out Claire Danes and Rachel Griffiths this could be call the ‘fugly party’. Sharon Stone’s boobs scare me by the way.

12. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

Claire Danes – Love it. It means a lot to take a dress from one of the worst collections in recent history and manage to work it so beautifully.
    Natalia Vodianova – Quite a cool, yet elegant look.
    Victoria Beckham – Oh my! In my opinion that looks better than anyone at the actual awards. And she’s wearing BLACK. Go figure! I’m giggling at the possibility of someone wanting to wear that dress at the Oscars and Posh going at her like “No no bb! *I*’m wearing this dress at the after party. Suck it!”
    Sharon Stone – I’m not looking! *covers eyes in shock*

13. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

STUNNNING.
    haha katie price with that trashy black dress has nothing on Posh

Nicole

14. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

wow victoria looks boring! im so sick of seeing black everywhere, god it is nearly summer in a few months time and everyone looks like someone has died.

15. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

Nicole that woman will never appear on my blog.

I know what you mean though 🙂

16. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

i agree with you about dita, this is not looking good.

but the dress she wore before this was nice.

17. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

haha good call. she and fashion just do not go together..

dita in that color looks awful! and the pink shoes do not work imo.

Nicole

18. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

Dita: always 50s hairstyle, red lips and pale skin.
    ¬Â¬Ã‚³

19. Guest April 12, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

I completely agree with you about Dita. She rarely misses the mark, but your right this dress does nothing for her.

Carrie Underwood: Awsome dress! I have no idea why she’s at this event, but thank you for giving us something to talk about. I LOVE this look!

20. whitestroke February 28, 2009 at 6:26 pm #

Natalia Vodianova – Quite a cool, yet elegant look.
    Sharon Stone – I’m not looking! *covers eyes in shock*

21. Leo February 24, 2009 at 6:40 pm #

22. Nadia February 23, 2009 at 9:08 pm #

Carries dress is just divine and perfect for this event.

Sharon can do no wrong usually, but I agree too much showing for her age.

23. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 7:14 pm #

Carrie Underwood looks AMAZING!!!!
    And she has a HUGE heart she donated 5,ooo to the Hiv/Aids foundation.
    Carrie is simply the best

24. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 7:07 pm #

Carrie Underwood looks awesome!!

LoVe Eva La Rue’s dress, sooo hot!!

Love Eve look also, very lady like. Impressive!

Sharon Stone, what can I say?? She’s one of a kind!!

I love Victoria’s dress. It looks fabulous on her!!

So glad Victoria and Eva are growing their hair out!

Caligirl

25. Moi February 23, 2009 at 4:44 pm #

I really like the blue on Eve.

26. Raquel February 23, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

This Ralph Lauren gown is so Carolyn Basset-Kennedy circa 1994. Meh.

27. Ace Azri February 23, 2009 at 1:36 pm #

28. Paige@Muller February 23, 2009 at 8:28 am #

29. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 8:00 am #

30. robbie February 23, 2009 at 7:53 am #

wow this wqhole event is a complete mess.

31. Dorothy February 23, 2009 at 7:12 am #

The Chakra dress is a work of art. Pearls and crystals done so well.

32. Eli February 23, 2009 at 6:58 am #

33. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 6:49 am #

Dita: always 50s hairstyle, red lips and pale skin.
    ¬Â¬Ã‚³

34. freida fan February 23, 2009 at 6:49 am #

haha good call. she and fashion just do not go together..

dita in that color looks awful! and the pink shoes do not work imo.

Nicole

35. robbie February 23, 2009 at 6:46 am #

i agree with you about dita, this is not looking good.

but the dress she wore before this was nice.

36. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 6:29 am #

Nicole that woman will never appear on my blog.

I know what you mean though 🙂