Menu

February 8, 2009 Runway To Red Carpet

Runway To The BAFTA Awards – Angelina Jolie in Armani Privé

Posted by Catherine Kallon

As predicted it’s a cold and rainy night in London.

The red carpet E! show was a complete wash out, as all the stars walked the red carpet carrying umbrella’s to keep dry.

The pictures are very slowly coming in, so here is a first look at Angelina Jolie wearing Armani Privé Spring 2009.

Angelina is one of those stars you can never predict, but I was pleasantly surprised with her choice.

The strapless dress had a neon yellow lining, to take Angelina away from being in just black, the calf length was also interesting, as was the fold detail on the bodice.

She wore the dress better than it appeared on the runway, so she will definitely make my best dressed list.

Source & Source

Runway To Vogue Pre-BAFTA Party - Thandie Newton in Blumarine

Runway To Vogue Pre-BAFTA Party – Thandie Newton in Blumarine

2009 BAFTA Awards - Worst Dressed

2009 BAFTA Awards – Worst Dressed

28 Responses to Runway To The BAFTA Awards – Angelina Jolie in Armani Privé

1. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

I’m confused…I thought you said she’d make your best dressed list, yet she isn’t listed? Did you change your mind?

2. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

You’re right, the weather blew it. Angie surprised me by wearing an Armani dress that’s actually fitted. Judged by the few pics I saw (Kate, Penélope etc), it’s an all-black affair, and refined straps are THE trend at the BAFTAs. Except, of course, for your beloved Freida, who opted for candy hues.

David

3. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

hmm its nice, i guess its better than all black. i do love the splash of yellow gives it more life i suppose.

cant wait to see kate.

4. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

I’m not sure I like it, exactly, but it’s definitely different and a lot more adventurous than some of her recent choices. It’s great to see her wearing a nice bright colour too. Penelope and Kate are both wearing black again, so it’s nice that one of them is wearing something with some pizzazz.

Shame about the weather, though. It always ruins the photos when the star is carrying a giant umbrella instead of a nice little clutch bag.

5. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

Hoorah! Angelina finally wears something that doesn’t look like a potato sack! You’re right, she looks much better than the model. Looking forward to seeing everyone else!

6. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

angelina is always amazing!

7. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

decent choice. i like the splash of colour. its different for her. shes moving in the right direction as long as she doesnt wear another sack dress. brad looks pretty daper as well 🙂

Nicole

8. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

This is actually good. I’m surprised how much I love this. Maybe because I’m so disappointed with most of the others, but Angelina really stood out to me tonight.

9. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

I hoped she’d wear Versace 🙁

10. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

This looks suspiciously like a longer version of that black and white dress Anne Hathaway wore a few weeks back, or are my eyes deceiving me?

11. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

Mish, I know what you mean because I thought the same thing for a second. Anne’s dress was Ferre.

12. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

love it! finally not in ALL black or ALL white, so pretty!

13. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

oh my angie.
    how gorgeous are u i see.
    hahaha..and now someone can finally stop saying that she wear dresses that look way too maternal and mumsy.
    i love angie no questions ask =))

14. Guest April 21, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

Is this touch of yelloow a hint we might see her in a bright colour soon? I hope so!

I love that she’s not wearing another loose fitting dress.

15. Anissa February 9, 2009 at 6:21 pm #

16. Leo February 9, 2009 at 5:10 pm #

I love that she’s not wearing another loose fitting dress.

17. Ace Azri February 9, 2009 at 6:07 am #

oh my angie.
    how gorgeous are u i see.
    i love angie no questions ask =))

18. gemini 1127 February 8, 2009 at 10:43 pm #

love it! finally not in ALL black or ALL white, so pretty!

19. Fashion Critic February 8, 2009 at 10:32 pm #

20. mish February 8, 2009 at 10:14 pm #

21. Dorian Gray February 8, 2009 at 10:10 pm #

I hoped she’d wear Versace 🙁

22. whitestroke February 8, 2009 at 10:05 pm #

23. freida lover February 8, 2009 at 9:13 pm #

Nicole

24. Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 8:59 pm #

angelina is always amazing!

25. Ling February 8, 2009 at 8:56 pm #