Menu

January 29, 2009 Haute Couture Fashion Week

Elie Saab Spring 2009 Haute Couture

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Elie Saab’s Spring 2009 Haute Couture collection was presented in Paris yesterday.

Elie’s gowns – as we have come to expect – were truly feminine, made of silk, chiffon and adorned with plenty of stunning embellishments.

The pastel tones were heavenly, evoking a dreamy like feeling, which is emphasized by the intricate, outstanding details such as the floral appliqués, and the sparkling embellishments, which were not too over-the-top.

Ruffles, tiers, pouffy shoulders, exaggerated hips, and obi belts all helped create some of the most outstandingly beautiful gorgeous red carpet dresses, he has ever created.

The only downside for me was the hair and make-up.

This collection more than most, has ignited my passion for red carpet gown. Bring on the Oscars.

Cate would so own that black one-shouldered gown, whereas Beyonce, I guess, would go for the heavenly peachy pastels.

Dita Von Teese was in the front row looking tres chic, wearing an all black Elie Saab Fall 2008 ensemble, which consisted of a jacket with a large rosette details on the collar and cuffs, a pencil skirt, Louboutin pumps, and a large bag, which was also detailed with rosettes.

Mischa Barton was also in the front row wearing a sparkling one-sleeved navy Elie Saab Fall 2008 cocktail dress, with Louboutin’s.

Her hair looks a bit disheveled for this dress, and although I am not a fan of one-shouldered anything, this dress works for her.

Soure & Source

Taylor Swift For Teen Vogue March 2009

Taylor Swift For Teen Vogue March 2009

Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Lisa Rinna or Gabrielle Union

Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Lisa Rinna or Gabrielle Union

46 Responses to Elie Saab Spring 2009 Haute Couture

1. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

I was there, and was so mesmerized by the gowns. It’s so delicate, and dreamy. Sometimes Elie Saab does too much, with too much glitter and all. But this was one of the best I’ve seen from him, it was all there but done in such a beautiful way. Just perfect.

2. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

Ohhh…did you feel like you were floating on air?

I would have been.

3. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

It gave me such a big smile, I was so in love with the whole thing.

My associate and I were picking favorites, but each time a new gown came down the runaway we had to re-think our choices.

4. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

I was doing the same on Style.com LOL

5. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

Hmm, I’m sure the details are intricate up close but this collection is pretty underwhelming.

FC Please tell me that you went to the JPG show. I’m in love, that man always blows me away.

6. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

Thought you might appreciate the following plug for yr blog, in the UK Independent

7. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

one of my favourite designers. love this collection. im sure seeing it in person would be amazing! cant wait to see some of the stuff on my fav celebrities!

8. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

Ethereal Collection! The most elegant,wearable dresses i have seen in ages…every piece is stunning!

9. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

I was only in Paris for one day, so I did not go to JPG’s show

10. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

OMG OMG OMG indyusa thank you SOOOOO much for bring that to my attention.

That is amazing. Thankfully they have recognised that I was the first to report that it was backwards.

I am over the moon with the name check.

I am going to go and by the paper now.

11. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

It’s interesting to see Elie moving away from his comfort zone and trying something a bit different. He toned down with the bling this time, and surprisingly focused a lot on the structure, especially in the first half of the show. At first I couldn’t believe I’m looking at Elie Saab ’cause I wouldn’t normally associate such structured outfits with him. He can’t seem to do anything wrong, though, and I think this was one of his strongest collections in recent history.

12. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

mischa looks unhappy. :/ but that dress looks great on her. from what i’ve seen i’m liking this elie saab collection. can’t wait to do a post on it.

13. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

All of those pastels are gorgeous! The baby blue makes me swoon.

14. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

What I would give to wear an Elie Saab gown. 🙂

This collection is STUNNING! I loved every piece. I can’t wait to see them on the red carpet!

15. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

Absolutely beautiful, although there isn’t much bling about! I agree with you about the hair and makeup – I can see why they decided to keep it simple to not detract attention from the dresses, but simple doesn’t have to mean boring!

16. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

How wondrous are those creations!?!

17. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

This is the couture show I wait for every year. He never ever disappoints. He’s the king of pastels and those gowns always seem to float.

18. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

ditto ditto ditto.

Never disappoints.

19. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

Are you still in paris?

20. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

No. back in London 🙁

If I could have got into this show, I would have stayed.

21. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

I luuuuuuv this collection. The gowns are beautiful!! I liked fashion but was never into too much until I found your blog a year ago. Thank you for opening
    my eyes to the world of fashion!!

I also can’t wait to see some of these on the red carpet!!

Caligirl

22. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

that is so precious 🙂

thanks Caligirl

23. Guest May 5, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

Also meant to say, Mischa should NOT be allowed to wear Elie Saab, way too fabulous for her!!

Caligirl

24. whitestroke January 30, 2009 at 11:24 pm #

25. Fashion Critic January 30, 2009 at 11:23 am #

OMG OMG OMG indyusa thank you SOOOOO much for bring that to my attention.

I am over the moon with the name check.

I am going to go and by the paper now.

26. Fashion Critic January 30, 2009 at 11:02 am #

I was only in Paris for one day, so I did not go to JPG’s show

27. Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 8:47 am #

28. nicole January 30, 2009 at 6:58 am #

29. indyusa January 30, 2009 at 2:28 am #

30. Meg January 30, 2009 at 12:39 am #

31. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 10:50 pm #

I was doing the same on Style.com LOL

32. Leo January 29, 2009 at 10:48 pm #

It gave me such a big smile, I was so in love with the whole thing.

33. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 10:42 pm #

Ohhh…did you feel like you were floating on air?

I would have been.

34. Leo January 29, 2009 at 10:38 pm #

35. Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 10:28 pm #

Caligirl

36. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 10:27 pm #

that is so precious 🙂

thanks Caligirl

37. Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 10:25 pm #

my eyes to the world of fashion!!

I also can’t wait to see some of these on the red carpet!!

Caligirl

38. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 9:43 pm #

No. back in London 🙁

If I could have got into this show, I would have stayed.

39. Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 9:41 pm #

Are you still in paris?

40. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 9:31 pm #

ditto ditto ditto.

Never disappoints.

41. Fashion Citizen January 29, 2009 at 9:23 pm #

42. prettygeeky.com January 29, 2009 at 9:16 pm #

How wondrous are those creations!?!

43. Ling January 29, 2009 at 8:22 pm #

44. Dana January 29, 2009 at 8:06 pm #

What I would give to wear an Elie Saab gown. 🙂

45. laurakitty January 29, 2009 at 7:27 pm #

All of those pastels are gorgeous! The baby blue makes me swoon.

46. drinkupthefashion January 29, 2009 at 7:18 pm #