Menu

January 14, 2009 Advertising

Naomi Campbell & Linda Evangelista For Dsquared² Spring 2009

Posted by Catherine Kallon

You would be forgiven for thinking Naomi Campbell was kicking the stuffing out of Linda Evangelista, with her fiery tempered reputation. But this editorial is part of the new Dsquared² Spring 2009 advertising campaign.

The campaign was shot by Steven Meisel, with the models clad in slinky black maxis, strappy sandals and chin-strap skull caps.

Fistfighting has never looked so glamorous.

Naomi then goes onto prove, that she is a lover not a fighter, with the final picture in which the two supers lay back after their sparring session.

Long live the supers. May they never wrinkle.

Source

Blake Lively For Vogue US February 2009

Blake Lively For Vogue US February 2009

Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Salma Hayek or Amanda Seyfried

Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Salma Hayek or Amanda Seyfried

34 Responses to Naomi Campbell & Linda Evangelista For Dsquared² Spring 2009

1. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

im with fashion citizen. bring back the Supermodels. =))

2. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Love Linda, love the pictures…but feel that it’s sort of a dumb PR move for Naomi to be pictured “fighting.” The next time she’s arrested, the prosecutor might bring this up to show her lack of remorse!

3. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

they are good.

4. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Love love love love! Strong and sexy.
    They both look hot, this supermodels show the newfaces how it’s done.

I always love Dsquared’s campaigns, they have great pictures the have a great impact.

5. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

I would like to buy a vowel because “O……MY….GOD!”

I am sure you are the first one to post this image and I thank you.

It is official, I just urinated in my pants.

I love this whole return of the supermodels! This is one degree from perfection (They are missing Christy Turlington in order to form that breathtaking phenomenom mortals once reffered to as “The Trinity”!)

This is how you do a campaign.

I usually find the D-squared brand to be… fairly to extremely tacky…but these two glamazons just might convince me otherwise.

LOL. “May they never wrinkle.”
    Viva supers!

P.S. Do you happen to know who shot this? I am willing to bet it is the Doctor Frankenstein to the extremely super monsters that they are, Steven Meisel. I might go try to do some research.

6. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Nikki it was Steven Meisel

7. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

YOU SAID IT BEST…love the supers. may they never wrinkle.

8. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Wow, thanks FC!

I was looking through other adverts and stumbled upon the Longchamp campaign with Kate Moss and Sasha Pivovarova. Hmm..mirror images and spooning…

The sparring glamazons versus the aloof waifs? I am having such a bad case of 90’s deja vu. Who should I vow allegience to?!

9. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Perhaps more appropriate, may they wrinkle and age gracefully and still get advertising campaigns.

10. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

La nueva campaña primavera-verano 09 de Dsquared2 estuvo a cargo de Steven Meisel. Los rostros de la publicidad son las super modelos Linda Evangelista y Naomi Campbell.

11. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

This is amazing…Really it is ! Like you said, Long Live The Super Model !!! We need more of them and less of these dreadful celebs on all these covers…

12. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Wow. Love this advert. Definitely a tie between this and VB!

13. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Your quote is so MAJOR! Love your blog!

14. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

i love that last picture, they look hot together. but that last picture is sexy but not slutty. i would die to have lindas legs, wow those are long.

15. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

This is so beautiful and refreshing.

16. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Fashion Citizen, you are so on it! No more Z-Grade celebs when the world has a hatful of gorgeous super M’s! Bring ’em on!

17. Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:19 am #

Love it! Some people just… don’t age.

18. Olamujer January 16, 2009 at 6:40 am #

19. Kathryn January 15, 2009 at 10:51 am #

20. Nik January 15, 2009 at 9:12 am #

Wow, thanks FC!

21. Nicolas January 15, 2009 at 8:50 am #

YOU SAID IT BEST…love the supers. may they never wrinkle.

22. Fashion Critic January 15, 2009 at 8:12 am #

Nikki it was Steven Meisel

23. Nik January 15, 2009 at 3:28 am #

I would like to buy a vowel because “O……MY….GOD!”

I am sure you are the first one to post this image and I thank you.

It is official, I just urinated in my pants.

This is how you do a campaign.

LOL. “May they never wrinkle.”
    Viva supers!

24. Leo January 15, 2009 at 3:16 am #

Love love love love! Strong and sexy.
    They both look hot, this supermodels show the newfaces how it’s done.

25. drinkupthefashion January 15, 2009 at 3:09 am #

they are good.

26. WendyB January 15, 2009 at 2:30 am #

27. Ace Azri January 15, 2009 at 2:10 am #

im with fashion citizen. bring back the Supermodels. =))

28. Sarah January 15, 2009 at 1:05 am #

Love it! Some people just… don’t age.

29. Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 11:13 pm #

30. Kyutipye January 14, 2009 at 8:49 pm #

This is so beautiful and refreshing.

31. robbie January 14, 2009 at 8:20 pm #

32. Thomas January 14, 2009 at 7:51 pm #

Your quote is so MAJOR! Love your blog!

33. Hayley January 14, 2009 at 7:41 pm #

Wow. Love this advert. Definitely a tie between this and VB!

34. Fashion Citizen January 14, 2009 at 7:10 pm #