Menu

January 8, 2009

"Notorious" New York Premiere

Posted by Catherine Kallon

You may have noticed that towards the end of 2008, I was making an effort to be nice to Beyonce. She had made a lot of changes – stylewise – so I said to myself that in 2009 I will make a conscious effort to be nice to her.

Well we are 8 days into the New Year, and I will already be breaking my New Years resolution.

WFT is going on here?

Is her colourist still on vacay? Like really.

I don’t have her kind of money, but I would NEVER leave my house with hair like that unless I was going to the salon.

She also making very hard work of this off-the-shoulder olive Donna Karan dress, and her matching sequin wrap.

Lets move onto the make-up. Just look at were her hairline starts and were her foundation is applied. There is at least an inch gap.

Shame on you B, shame on you. The only thing working for me here is the YSL Tribute sandals.

With her hair piled high Angela Bassett looked very elegant in her Pamella Roland Spring 2009 black and silver dot gown.

She was the only one to inject a bit of old fashion glamour to the red carpet at this event.

June Ambrose, the stylish stylist that she is, wore a grey tweed YSL Fall 2008 dress, which had a blue lining. That blue lining worked well with the blue sole of her YSL Trib Two’s. Nice touch.

Is it me or is Ciara almost totally unrecognizable? It appears she has lost a lot of weight, because all I can focus on are her cheek bones.

The singer worked a black leather ensemble with leopard print Louboutin’s.

A furless Mary J Blige walked the red carpet wearing as much tanned leather as she could find in her closet.

Cassie looked supa dupa fly in her cream and black embroidered Givenchy Fall 2008 jacket, with skin-tight black pants and YSL Cut-out platform heels.

Source

In Abbie Cornish's Closet - Calvin Klein

In Abbie Cornish’s Closet – Calvin Klein

2009 Critic's Choice Awards - Worst Dressed

2009 Critic’s Choice Awards – Worst Dressed

42 Responses to "Notorious" New York Premiere

1. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

As Dita Von Teese – it’s just good manners to look good. Dang Bey! what happened?

2. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

You have to understand that with African American hair, we have to relax our hair 2-3 weeks before we can color. First she would’ve had to relax it and then wait a few weeks to put any bleach or color in it or her hair would fall out. Looks like she may have done her makeup herself.

3. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Sorry for my english. I’m a spanish lover of your blog. Can you tell me what WFT means when you spoke about Beyonce.
    Sorry for my ignorance.

4. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

I am a African Beritish girl so I know all about afro hair.

I understand about colouring and relaxing.

I can see were her hair is and were her weave is and this is a first for Beyonce

With so many techniques – lace front wigs for example. There was no need to leave her house like this. And you know I am right

5. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Spanish Lover… WTF means What The Fuck..

It is a way to express confusion when you do not understand something.

6. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Dear FC. Thanks for your comments.
    Your answer gave me an identity.

7. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Cassie and Angela Looked Great……

Naturi who plays Lil’ Kim wore a dress by Ema Savahl….. she looked really cute…….

The chick who plays Faith Evans looked STUNNING…… She wore a dress that Beyonce and Kimora have worn before….. don’t know who the designer is…… but she looked STUNNING……

And Coco wore some fly Louboutins…..

8. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Lol there is nothing wrong with Beyonces foundation remember she wears those front laced wigs to cover up her damaged hair line. It seems like the foundation wasn’t strong enough to conceal the hair line or the foundation got discolored once it hit the lining of the wig.

9. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

so many horrible outfits and hairstyles.

thank god june and angela save it though, they both look fabulous, i would my hair to be like junes. big hair looks bad (on beyonce) but on angela it looks perfect.

but beyonce damn that is a car crash outfit, and the foundation is hilarous.

gotta love when celebs forget to put foundation all over their face rather than the odd place, just like with fake tan when celebs always forget their hands and feet lol.

10. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Cassies top reminds me of Givenchy?? dont know if it is though.

11. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

thanks Jen, you are right.

I thought it was Balenciaga. So no wonder I could not find it there.

12. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

luv i am so with you on this 1..beyonce is buggin lookin like that 2 a premiere, a biggie premiere at that…and cassie is hot, are those shoes gucci, i think so

13. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

I completely agree with you on Beyonce’s look. Everything is crap except for her YSL Tributes. My jaw drop when I saw the foundation! 🙁

14. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

I laughed my bottom off. That was my initial reaction when I saw it on YBF. I actually was surprised YBF did not point out the obvious. Thanks for calling it what it is. I am sure she will get the memo this time.

Happy New year!

15. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

I like Beyonce’s clutch though, any ideas where it’s from?

16. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

I think Beyonce’s clutch is the same worn by Angelina Jolie at Critic’s (so H.Leger).
    Mary J Blige (http://celeb.wohoo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/notorious-big-new-york-voletta-wallace-mary-j-blige.jpg)wore a Gucci Hysteria Clutch (http://images.gucci.com/images/categories/200803/full/197015_FT0FG_9643_001_full.jpg)

17. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

I think Beyoncé was run over by a truck on her way to the event. That’s the only explanation to that look. That’s such a mess!

The rest look bad also, Angela Bassett was the only one that almost got it.

18. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Cassie’s shoes are not Gucci..

19. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Beyonce = shocking! Can hardly believe my eyes, there is no excuse for a celeb to look like that. Happy new year!

20. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Wow, Beyonce looks terrible. Cassie’s shoes are YSL.

21. Guest April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

These are Cassie’s shoes (YSL, as Naomi said): http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod71060024&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=

22. Yeshi October 19, 2009 at 3:37 am #

23. Ruthless MEME January 12, 2009 at 8:47 am #

Cassie and Angela Looked Great……

And Coco wore some fly Louboutins…..

24. Spanish Lover January 11, 2009 at 12:02 am #

Dear FC. Thanks for your comments.
    Your answer gave me an identity.

25. Fashion Critic January 10, 2009 at 10:43 am #

Spanish Lover… WTF means What The Fuck..

It is a way to express confusion when you do not understand something.

26. Fashion Critic January 10, 2009 at 10:34 am #

I am a African Beritish girl so I know all about afro hair.

I understand about colouring and relaxing.

27. Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 7:23 am #

Sorry for my ignorance.

28. Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 2:52 am #

29. Kyutipye January 9, 2009 at 9:25 pm #

30. Cry January 9, 2009 at 3:57 pm #

These are Cassie's shoes (YSL, as Naomi said): http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod71060024&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=

31. Naomi January 9, 2009 at 3:10 pm #

Wow, Beyonce looks terrible. Cassie’s shoes are YSL.

32. Lara January 9, 2009 at 2:33 pm #

33. Cry January 9, 2009 at 1:10 pm #

Cassie’s shoes are not Gucci..

34. Leo January 9, 2009 at 12:44 pm #

The rest look bad also, Angela Bassett was the only one that almost got it.

35. Cry January 9, 2009 at 12:43 pm #

36. Aimes January 9, 2009 at 11:40 am #

I like Beyonce’s clutch though, any ideas where it’s from?

37. Ladybrille.com January 9, 2009 at 6:45 am #

Happy New year!

38. lifeaccordingtob January 9, 2009 at 5:52 am #

39. ELLE January 9, 2009 at 5:17 am #

40. Fashion Critic January 8, 2009 at 9:53 pm #

thanks Jen, you are right.

I thought it was Balenciaga. So no wonder I could not find it there.

41. jen January 8, 2009 at 9:46 pm #

Cassies top reminds me of Givenchy?? dont know if it is though.

42. robbie January 8, 2009 at 9:40 pm #

so many horrible outfits and hairstyles.

but beyonce damn that is a car crash outfit, and the foundation is hilarous.