Menu

Atelier Versace Fall 2008

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Versace do not normally have a runway show for their Couture (Atelier) collection, but on this occasion they included Donatella’s illustrations with the Couture photographs on the Versace website.

For me this Fall 2008 collection is not as spectacular as the Spring 2008 collection, which saw 6 of the 15 gowns appear on the red carpet.

Of course all of these 17 gowns have red carpet potential, especially the gold lame striped gown, the black strapless gown with a star detail on the hip, and the one-shouldered see-through gown that looks like a spiders web above.

But I am slightly disappointed as some of the gowns look better as illustrations – this applies mostly to the green dress. I am also disappointed that I could not see the front of all of the dress. Back and side views just frustrate me.

Source

2008 BET Awards Red Carpet

2008 BET Awards Red Carpet

2008 ESPY Awards Red Carpet - Worst Dressed

2008 ESPY Awards Red Carpet – Worst Dressed

16 Responses to Atelier Versace Fall 2008

1. Guest April 9, 2019 at 4:40 am #

This is amazing. I love the sketches. I always love to see them.

2. Guest April 9, 2019 at 4:40 am #

I love the first black one.

3. Guest April 9, 2019 at 4:40 am #

LOVE LOVE LOVE
    Cate Blanchett take note!

4. Guest April 9, 2019 at 4:40 am #

I agree Cate is perfect for a few of these dress, but she is wears a lot of Armani, so not sure if we will ever get to see her in these dresses.

5. Guest April 9, 2019 at 4:40 am #

yeah I kinda forgot about that
    change of statement…
    Cate Blanchett please consider…

6. Guest April 9, 2019 at 4:40 am #

wowwwwwwww i am so in love with versace right now! and ohmygosh those sketches are amazing! hours of meticulous work must have went into those. beautiful blending and color choices. i hope to God that one day i will be able to raw like that. that would bring me immense joy.
    i am in love with so many of these dresses. i think are only two dresses that i looked at and went wth? i love the first leopard print dress. amazing concept for the leopard print (which is kind of being used to death).

7. Guest April 9, 2019 at 4:40 am #

Wow! I love these sketches!!!

8. Guest April 9, 2019 at 4:40 am #

i absolutely love the blck strapless dresses with purple and blue!! you should do what you did with the spring collection and pick who you think the dresses would look good on!!

haha i instantly recognized the skull pashmina from you net-a-porter favorites, i saw a picture of my fav girl aloud cheryl wearing it.

9. zoe July 22, 2008 at 7:49 pm #

10. Anonymous July 16, 2008 at 6:38 am #

yeah I kinda forgot about that
    change of statement…
    Cate Blanchett please consider…

11. Fashion Critic July 15, 2008 at 4:55 pm #

12. Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 11:09 am #

LOVE LOVE LOVE
    Cate Blanchett take note!

13. turquoisepassion July 15, 2008 at 6:38 am #

I love the first black one.

14. Fashion Ivy July 15, 2008 at 2:29 am #

This is amazing. I love the sketches. I always love to see them.

15. ivette July 15, 2008 at 12:34 am #

16. CoutureCarrie July 14, 2008 at 6:28 pm #

Wow! I love these sketches!!!