Menu

February 11, 2008

2008 Grammy Awards Worst Dressed

Worst Statement Dress Award
I know Kelis is promoting her husband’s album, but I do not approve of using this word for self promotion or use of this word in any context.

So trashy.

Worst Hair Award
Alicia Keys was not the worst dressed, in fact I loved the colour on her amazing custom-made Giorgio Armani Privé halter-neck gown.

What I did not like was the hair. She just ruined everything with the hair. Why a mohawk for such a pretty dress?

Worst Dressed Award
No I am not a Beyonce hater. This dress just did not work for me at all and I love Elie Saab.

The asymmetrical bodice and the dripping metallic detail was over-kill, without that this dress may have worked.

I am surprised that from all the dresses in Elie Saab Spring 2008 Couture collection that she choose this one.

I also did not like the hair. I know she was channeling Tina Turner, but I hated it.

Worst Black Award
Aren’t trains supposed to be on the back of dresses?

Fantasia dress was just too much for her. She tried to go Hollywood glam, when she should have stuck to her edgy roots and opted for something a little more funkier.

Worst Floral Award
Lil Mama should have saved her Chanel dress for this occasion.

Least Flattering Award
Unfortunately for Nelly Furtaro this cerulean strapless Arthur Mendonca gown made her look very wide at the hips.

Worst Pageant Fancy Dress/Bridesmaid Award
Urgh…just hideous. This dress that Taylor Swift wore was just to sickly sweet for me and the leaf-embellished skirt was too much.

Worst On Stage Outfit
Good girl gone bad for Rihanna in this Zac Posen Spring 2008 dress. She looks like the straw-man from the Wizard of Oz.

oOpS Award
Debbie Matenopolous announced to the world that the designer of Carrie Underwood’s dress was Badgley Mischka, which was incorrect. To make matters worst she then went onto say that she had seen the floral dress at their recent Fall 2008 New York Fashion Week show.

The fact of the matter was that the dress Carrie was wearing, was by the same designer – Zuhair Murad – that she was wearing. Once informed she desperately tried to make a retracting but the damage was already done. Zuhair Murad has dressed Debbie for other occasions, but I guess this will be her last.

Source

2008 BAFTA Awards

2008 BAFTA Awards

2008 Grammy Awards Best Dressed

2008 Grammy Awards Best Dressed

14 Responses to 2008 Grammy Awards Worst Dressed

1. Guest April 9, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

how can i forget my darling fantasia….HORRIDDDDDD…She looked like cruela da-vill

2. Guest April 9, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

I liked the idea behind Beyonce’s dress but I think the tulle just made it look too prom-y. I think Rihanna was best dressed on the stage and on the red carpet.

3. Guest April 9, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

Alicia Keys makeup always makes her look terrible!!

4. Guest April 9, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

Speaking of worst dressed, have you seen Cher at this years Grammys? Oh My God! Such a mess, and so Cher :-))

5. Guest April 9, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

I so agree with you FC. Even though i like Beyonces dress, she just ruins every good outfit.

But wait till you see what she wore to the Afterparty, it’s a YELLOW MESS! It’s only the 2nd month of 2008, but Beyonce is already the worst dressed of 2008, because i doubt anyone will wear something so horrible in the next 10 months.

6. Guest April 9, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

i liked rihanna’s onstage outfit and hair

7. Guest April 9, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

yeah thank you…i hated beyonce’s dress, i really never like her dresses tho, but i like rihanna’s stage outfit, i think she rockeddd it, plus i think nelly furtado looked disastroussss

8. Montana February 13, 2008 at 3:11 am #

9. Fausset February 12, 2008 at 10:20 pm #

10. Fausset February 12, 2008 at 10:19 pm #

11. Anonymous February 12, 2008 at 6:34 pm #

i liked rihanna’s onstage outfit and hair

12. electra February 11, 2008 at 7:10 pm #

13. Malena February 11, 2008 at 3:27 pm #

14. Anonymous February 11, 2008 at 1:31 pm #

Alicia Keys makeup always makes her look terrible!!