As summer heats up and skin acquires a sun-kissed glow, it’s time to break out the bronzer. Jessica Alba, Kate Beckinsale, Louise Roe and Olivia Palermo were some of the first to go for a summery glow this week, keeping it looking natural with a smoky eye and neutral lip.
But even if the sun doesn’t break out from behind those clouds, this is a look that everyone can achieve with the help of make-up artist Kay Montano, who explains how to fake it with the ‘Bo Derek meets Gisele in Rio’ look she created for the Issa London S/S 2012 show:
- Apply Mymix Foundation in a shade suited to your skintone – do not go darker!
- ModelCo Airbrush Luminizer sprayed on the face or Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Loose Powder applied using a big blush brush for a blown-out, blended effect are both perfect to highlight the tops of cheekbones and the temples.
- For the eyes I used Chanel Le Crayon Khol in Ambre smudged deep into the lashes and on the inner rim of the eye. Then I used Chanel Illusion D’Ombres in Embloui to create a smudgy, soft finish and thickened eyelashes with Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Black.
- Eyebrows were brushed up with Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream.
- The t-zone was mattified with a brush of Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder.
- And finally I applied clear lip balm or Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Beige Pink.
Credit: Getty & FameFlynet
MORE FROM RED CARPET FASHION AWARDS:
Posted by Rachel Marlowe on June 6th, 2012 In: