Menu

09.07.18

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were also in attendance for the christening of Prince Louis Of Cambridge held at St James’s Palace in London today (July 9).

Meghan looks to have thankfully shelved those nude/blush dresses for the meantime, in favour for some colour.

Last week it was saffron yellow, and today: moss green.

Some might feel this is too sombre for summer, but for me I’m just grateful that I can find no cause to complain about her Ralph Lauren chic dress.

Beautifully colour coordinated, no apparent fit issues or creases…(I feel like I have lowered the bar of expectations if creases and fit are my main cause for concern)…but what’s not to love?

Credit: AP

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - HRH Prince Louis Of Cambridge Christening

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – HRH Prince Louis Of Cambridge Christening

Pippa Middleton In Alessandra Rich - HRH Prince Louis Of Cambridge Christening

Pippa Middleton In Alessandra Rich – HRH Prince Louis Of Cambridge Christening

38 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Ralph Lauren – HRH Prince Louis Of Cambridge Christening

1. SilentVisitor July 10, 2018 at 11:11 #

I for one love this look. It looks like she is going back to her old self……….may the strike continues

2. J July 10, 2018 at 08:06 #

GAWD give this woman a break! She looks polished, elegant and supremely beautiful in a non attention seeking way, which is exactly what her position demands.

PS. I always complain about her shoe choice but this time it’s her husband’s footwear what’s freaking me out. Does the Duke not have enough money to buy some new shoes? or at least scrub them a little bit?

How come the ladies are always scrutinized to the maximum extent – oh gosh, A CREASE!!- but there’s no critique at all when de Duke of Sussex shows up to a Royal Christening wearing THAT shoes.

3. brat July 10, 2018 at 05:13 #

Omg olive green has been a versatile neutral for years, it goes with so many other neutrals.
    Surprised at the opposition to it on this site. It’s modern.

4. Amy July 9, 2018 at 22:33 #

I like the dress and the hat. I think olive green is a dope color

5. CN July 9, 2018 at 22:01 #

This head-to-toe olive fantasy is the best she’s look since the Stella gown at the wedding. Good for her.

6. Fiona-Brasil July 9, 2018 at 21:14 #

The dress is gorgeous but this is not her color.Or event appropriate.She looks like a big cigar to me…

7. JHH July 9, 2018 at 21:06 #

Other than the color which reminds me of swamp water and which I would not love even if it were the fall, this outfit is terrific. I think I would have preferred another blush dress but this is event appropriate and a win for her.

• CreoleLady July 10, 2018 at 00:23 #

+1.

8. Alice July 9, 2018 at 20:54 #

I think Meghan looked impeccable. People just like to nitpick everything she wears. She’s human, She’s not a robot. People need to just let her live.

• 2lc July 10, 2018 at 01:13 #

Alice = AnnaP

• brat July 10, 2018 at 01:55 #

Lmao

9. TeaAtTwo July 9, 2018 at 20:54 #

The colour is fined on her and she wears the hat well but she’s really fighting supporting British fashion industry.

• Caroline July 9, 2018 at 22:49 #

• CreoleLady July 10, 2018 at 00:14 #

“Really fighting”?! Well, you must have inside scoop on her mentality that I don’t. She certainly has worn looks by British designers including both wedding dresses. Surely she is not the only member of “the firm” who doesn’t wear British designers exclusively. She is 36 year old and has her own wardrobe and tastes. I hope she continues to mix it up — in every sense of that phrase.

• Mimi July 10, 2018 at 05:03 #

Not to mention she’s American and her looks by American designers have been superior in my opinion!!

• TeaAtTwo July 10, 2018 at 10:17 #

Well ‘fighting ‘ was meant figuratively. She’s part of the British royal family now, she should be flying the flag for British designers and British based labels. That should apply to all of them. Exceptions should be when in host country.

10. gabis July 9, 2018 at 20:20 #

The mossy green is great for her but maybe she should’ve saved this dress for another occasion. I wish she had opted for something in sky blue or the so called “millennial blue”. That way she would’ve met both the event and Harry’s color palette (which is something we have yet to see)

11. brat July 9, 2018 at 19:46 #

I am in the minority as I adore the color and find olive green endlessly chic. No matter what bloody season. As for the rest Ditto on everything, Catherine, I’m just glad there’s no fit issues

• Nancy July 9, 2018 at 20:18 #

• EmmaWoodhouse July 9, 2018 at 20:44 #

+2 I like it! It’s very sophisticated, very flattering color on her, and a classy but interesting silhouette.

• Karola July 10, 2018 at 07:53 #

12. moonbeam July 9, 2018 at 19:31 #

Meghan’s looks have become flat and boring. Also, she looks better with her hair down and yet she keeps wearing buns.

• brat July 10, 2018 at 05:09 #

I saw her hair from multiple angles she was wearing a low, sleek ponytail. This is her best look yet as a Royal since her reception.

13. olga July 9, 2018 at 19:18 #

What an unfortunate colour for a summer christening! I also don’t like how it clashes with Harry’s tie and with all the other attendants’ attire. A dark olive like this is meant to stand out (not in a positive way) among all those delicate, pastel hues.
    However I think the dress itself suits her and I’m glad there are no fitting issues!
    And of course she looks beautiful like always (if a bit contrived)

14. J July 9, 2018 at 19:10 #

This color is horrible. I like the dress, but it needs to be in something other than puke green.

• Original meme July 9, 2018 at 19:23 #

I agree. Color is awful, especially for summer

15. Bella July 9, 2018 at 18:53 #

Beautiful dress and styling on pretty Meghan but the color ??? Wish the color is the same blue like Harry’s tie or Charlotte’s dress.

16. Vizual Ninja July 9, 2018 at 18:48 #

I’d be surprised if there are many complaints bout this look; the colour, the fit and the fascinator are flawless to me. Hope she keeps this energy and keeps feeding us looks consistent with this one.

17. Jess July 9, 2018 at 18:43 #

I really love the look itself, but as far as color goes, I feel like she’s going to end up sticking out in the pictures? She just looks so different to the rest of the group (color wise). It’s a really pretty dress though and I like the look as a whole.

18. Alina July 9, 2018 at 18:25 #

I love this colour on her, it works well with her complexion. I always enjoy her fascinators, really modern and elegant and this time is no exception.

The whole outfit is a win, imo.

19. MCV July 9, 2018 at 18:25 #

I like it. My style and hers is similar (colours and loose fits) so I feel attacked when someone says her style is ugly or boring haha

20. meme July 9, 2018 at 18:19 #

I would look as bored as Harry if I had to wear the same outfit to every event.

• James July 9, 2018 at 18:59 #

You would think that they would at least let the kids have some fun. It’s sad that George doesn’t get to wear more colorful outfits. I have a son and I love dressing him up in jumpsuits (salopettes), flashy shorts and t-shirts. There are some amazing kids clothes that go beyond boring shades of blue 🙁
      What about some fun sneakers with superheroes like spiderman on it or some funky summer sandals so their kids can let feel breathe a bit?! Depressing to say the least.

• Jess July 9, 2018 at 19:22 #

It’s an official event, it has been proved before that the kids are not dressed like this in their every day lives

• Lee Ann July 9, 2018 at 19:48 #

Thank god they don’t dress like that . This is a christening not a trip to legoland .

• Martijn July 9, 2018 at 19:49 #

Do you really expect a royal child to attend an official event with Spiderman sneakers??

• Lee Ann July 10, 2018 at 10:17 #

I know . Ridiculous .

• meme July 9, 2018 at 21:39 #

@James Are you trolling? Was that sarcasm?

Even the shorts that George is wearing will be his last chance to wear something different. An adult life full of boring military and casual uniform awaits him.

If the monarchy lasts that is. I for one am tired of seeing these men in the same clothes all the time (not to mention other non sartorial issues).