Menu

09.07.18

The world got another glimpse of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s youngest child, Prince Louis, today (July 9) at his christening held at St James’s Palace in London.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, who carried the two-month-old dressed in a christening gown with a long royal history, was once again wearing a dress from Alexander McQueen.

Styled with a hat by Jane Taylor, if this cream McQueen dress is giving you a case of deja vu, that’s because Catherine wore the same designer and same colour for each of her children’s christenings – both Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

What do you make of today’s offering?

Credit: Getty

Holly Hunter In Lela Rose - 'Incredibles 2' London Premiere

Holly Hunter In Lela Rose – ‘Incredibles 2’ London Premiere

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Ralph Lauren - HRH Prince Louis Of Cambridge Christening

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Ralph Lauren – HRH Prince Louis Of Cambridge Christening

29 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – HRH Prince Louis Of Cambridge Christening

1. Dhppy July 10, 2018 at 17:49 #

The headpiece does look like something The Queen Mother would have worn, but since I like it, I’m calling it “Retro” and charming. I’ve come to accept that, like her children, Kate has a replica of christening outfits to wear each time. It’s sweet.

2. Noemi July 10, 2018 at 16:09 #

I always like the ways she dresses when their children get baptized.
    She looks radiant.

3. SilentVisitor July 10, 2018 at 11:14 #

Her dress is nice, although very similar to the previous ones but she still looks appropriate.
    The headpiece is a No.

4. brat July 10, 2018 at 05:30 #

I prefer Meghan’s darker more mod look but as the Prince’s mother, this is appropriate and nice.

5. Caitlin July 10, 2018 at 04:57 #

I loooovvveee this, and I am totally in awe of that headpiece. It’s so pretty and thank God it’s not the omniscient Philip Treacy. I’ve loved all of Catherine’s Christening looks, but I think this one is my favourite.

• Mimi July 10, 2018 at 05:05 #

+1 the headpiece is so different and absolutely gorgeous!

6. Isabela July 10, 2018 at 03:45 #

I really dislike her hat, it looks dated to me.
    Charlotte is always the star in the family, she is adorable

7. Fiona-Brasil July 10, 2018 at 02:18 #

The kids look adorable so does Kate.The headpiece , the dress, very regal and sophisticated.

8. CreoleLady July 10, 2018 at 00:26 #

William looks great. The brothers Windsor look wonderful in bespoke British blue.

9. JHH July 9, 2018 at 20:58 #

I find this a bit aging on the Duchess but it is so very event appropriate. I have accepted that she is not the most creative dresser and now I just roll with it.

10. TeaAtTwo July 9, 2018 at 20:52 #

At least mix up the colour scheme, so unimaginative.

11. gabis July 9, 2018 at 20:08 #

I find this a very aging look for her thanks to the hair and the ugly hat. Even though her looks were about the same for the 3 Christenings, this is my least favorite.

12. olga July 9, 2018 at 19:43 #

I may agree with you that her style is boring and not fashion forward, but I always find her classic and timeless and today is not an exception. Even if I’m not the biggest fan of puffed shoulders they make sense on her, and the whole look, including the headpiece and the earrings, is very elegant and sophisticated. I also like how the 4 of them (now 5) are always harmonious in colour.

13. Original meme July 9, 2018 at 19:24 #

Kate definately has a style and it’s a regal one. They look like a royal family and those kids are too damn cute.

• Caroline July 9, 2018 at 22:49 #

14. Sabrina July 9, 2018 at 18:24 #

Wohow, I don’t know which kind of undies he’s wearing, but from this angle, you see a whole lot of the crown jewel.

• Conejo Literario July 9, 2018 at 18:40 #

OMG, I cant unsee that!! ahahahaha

• Kristin July 9, 2018 at 19:11 #

Nooo, I can’t unsee that.

• JHH July 9, 2018 at 20:55 #

I wish you had not noticed that now I can’t unsee it either.

• CreoleLady July 10, 2018 at 00:28 #

I just posted that William looks great — then read your comment. Ok, um, wow. Not sure what I think now, lol.

• brat July 10, 2018 at 10:06 #

It would seem HRH Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, ahem.. “dresses” to the left.

• CreoleLady July 10, 2018 at 22:51 #

Touché, haha

• SilentVisitor July 10, 2018 at 11:12 #

LOL
      You have ruined this picture for me… I now cannot unsee it

15. Jess July 9, 2018 at 18:23 #

I like her look, but mostly I love her headpiece! I don’t know what to call it (is it a headband? a weird fascinator?)
    Catherine has been looking “regal* in her last appearances, I don’t know what it is, but good for her.
    They are a really cute family, I can’t believe how much George and Charlotte have grown, and the pictures of Catherine looking at the baby are adorable

• Caitlin July 10, 2018 at 04:59 #

Same about the headpiece! And I totally agree with you on their other points. They’re a picture perfect family, and Catherine always has regal and timeless style. It’s pointless hoping for her to be some sort of fashion force – she doesn’t want to and shouldn’t have to be.

16. Alina July 9, 2018 at 18:22 #

At first I thought she was rewearing the dress from Charlotte’s christening, so I totally get the deja-vu aspect of this look. Having said that, I do like the headpiece.

• James July 9, 2018 at 18:54 #

She looks regal because she has a healthy weight on her and I hope she gets to keep it. She looks gorgeous, I don’t even care about her outfits anymore (she is probably still nursing, some women tend to eat more). I hope Meghan gets back to her pre-Harry weight too.

17. meme July 9, 2018 at 18:20 #

I can’t with these drab dukes. At least the women provide some style interests. Male royals today are pointless.

• Nafisa Elmi July 11, 2018 at 17:50 #

I agree. Without the women, would we even care? Doubt it.

Its a beautiful family photo, and I’m obsessed with her headpiece. The most interesting one Ive seen yet! Makes the whole look.