Menu

17.06.18

Kim Kardashian In Atelier Versace – 2018 MTV Movie And TV Awards

Kim Kardashian was channelling her inner Bo Derek with her new hairstyle while attending the 2018 MTV Movie And TV Awards on Saturday (June 16) in Santa Monica, California.

Now, I worship at the altar of the House of Versace, especially when it’s Atelier Versace, but I was underwhelmed by this offering.

Why?

Because this white mohair halter top and crystal mesh column skirt with a daring thigh-high slit is an all too familiar look for Kim Kardashian.

We’ve seen this tube top and skirt combo so often it’s almost become a uniform at this point.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Chadwick Boseman In Off-White - 2018 MTV Movie And TV Awards

Chadwick Boseman In Off-White – 2018 MTV Movie And TV Awards

23 Responses to Kim Kardashian In Atelier Versace – 2018 MTV Movie And TV Awards

1. pinksugar June 18, 2018 at 04:00 #

The same boring, predictable and unflattering mess we have seen a thousand times before. And it’s very obvious she only does the braids at this point to get people talking about her, since no one wants to see her of all people wearing them. She just always comes across so lost. The hair, the clothes-always wearing her.

2. Amy June 17, 2018 at 19:41 #

I can’t believe this is Atelier, it could be Topshop. Honestly she doesn’t look bad but there’s nothing new or relatively creative about this. Same formula since 2012.
    About the hair I don’t mind, cornrows are not limited to black folks period. In fact, I like seeing it mainstream because they were snubbed for so long.

• TeaAtTwo June 18, 2018 at 11:04 #

They were snubbed for so long because they were associated with black people.

• Lola June 18, 2018 at 18:08 #

Exactly!

• The original AB June 18, 2018 at 22:34 #

• Amy June 19, 2018 at 01:50 #

I know, but is it a reason to forbid others from wearing cornrows? Is that what we are trying to achieve here? A world where only black folks can wear cornrows? Is this helping the cause ? I don’t think so.
        Maybe Kim Kardashian is not the best champion but I see it as someone other than Black folks appreciating the hairstyle. Wrong target.
        With all due respect, stopping people from copying a public hairstyle is just pure madness.
        I appreciate people caring about cultural issues but this is certainly not the right way. Sorry

• The original AB June 20, 2018 at 08:37 #

People can wear whatever hairstyle they want, but the annoying thing is (as I have heard on TV some people already do), credit the Kardashians for the cornrow trend.
          They would rather do this than give credit where credit is due.

3. Real Nat39 June 17, 2018 at 17:52 #

She looks impeccable! The fit has never been better.

4. Original meme June 17, 2018 at 17:47 #

She looks ridiculous, as usual. That’s one of the cheapest Versace’s I’ve ever seen. And she is trying to,provoke controversy with that fake hair.

5. Rachel W. June 17, 2018 at 17:43 #

How many times does her and her family have to be called out for appropriative hairstyles for them to stop?

6. Lola June 17, 2018 at 16:32 #

I can’t stand this women.

• Lola June 17, 2018 at 16:47 #

Woman

7. Maria F. June 17, 2018 at 15:20 #

I cannot believe this is Atelier Versace. This looks like something picked up at a mall.

• Caroline June 17, 2018 at 18:02 #

True. It doesn’t look terrible on her though.

8. TeaAtTwo June 17, 2018 at 14:29 #

The hair after the last braids just feels like she’s trying to provoke controversy. The outfit is boring and tired.

• JHH June 17, 2018 at 15:38 #

9. James June 17, 2018 at 13:58 #

This type of hair only works on Black or Biracial women, sorry not sorry! She looks ridiculous besides the fact that it emphasizes how much her face has drastically changed. Nope to this whole look!

10. AnnaBanana June 17, 2018 at 13:32 #

Soooo boring. Kim ALWAYS does this – she’ll find something and repeat it almost identically several times. Remember the booby blazer she wore event after event. Same goes for her street style.
    I think a lot of people are going to have issues with her hair too

11. NZ June 17, 2018 at 13:28 #

Wouldn’t have thought this was Versace at all. So disappointing.

12. Sarah June 17, 2018 at 13:15 #

I find this so boring. Sorry, Kim!

13. Mady June 17, 2018 at 13:03 #

It’s so simple… Nothing interesting here, except the hair.

14. Chiara June 17, 2018 at 12:30 #

She looked amazing, i dont understand your Hate for kardashians, skrit is beautiful and so is She

15. Eni June 17, 2018 at 11:49 #

Are you sure this is Versace? Jesus… And what about those silicone straps on the second picture!?