Menu

Rihanna In Poiret – ‘Ocean’s 8’ London Premiere

Rihanna descended upon London tonight (June 13) for the UK premiere of US box office smash hit ‘Ocean’s 8’, where she joined her cast mates Sarah Paulson, Sandra Bullock, Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling and Cate Blanchett.

She was the golden girl for the night wearing a Poiret Fall 2018 gold metal-yarn draped dress, which suddenly made me hungry for some Ferrero Rocher.

I love how the design is as chic and refined as it is modern and relevant, despite the singer-turned-actress narrowly avoiding a wardrobe malfunction.

A Harry Kotlar diamond ring, a gold Christian Louboutin ‘Vanite’ Clutch and gold Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Harmony’ sandals rounded out her look.

I have been somewhat frustrated with Rihanna’s style over the last 12 months, but it was good to see her bring back a cutting edge to her style.

Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Harmony’ Sandals

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Sarah Paulson In Valentino - 'Ocean's 8' London Premiere

Sarah Paulson In Valentino – ‘Ocean’s 8’ London Premiere

Mia Wasikowska In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 'Damsel' LA Premiere

Mia Wasikowska In Christian Dior Haute Couture – ‘Damsel’ LA Premiere

18 Responses to Rihanna In Poiret – ‘Ocean’s 8’ London Premiere

1. Amy June 15, 2018 at 05:20 #

Wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen

2. Chris June 14, 2018 at 14:12 #

I much prefer the Givenchy look, don’t like the look of the fabric here

3. Sarah June 14, 2018 at 14:07 #

This feels like an almost-win. The runway look is incredible. But, as someone else said, the dress looks too stiff on Rihanna.

That said, I love her for taking risks. She’s never boring. And this definitely is not a miss. For me it’s somewhere in between.

4. Pratyush June 14, 2018 at 05:37 #

I am never one to judge someone’s weight gain or weight loss, neither is RFCA and I have to say, last year Rihanna opened the doors for many people of slightly bigger frames to experiment with their styles, embrace their bodies etc.

Even as she looked amazing then, as she does now, I guess our frustration was with the ‘another tent’ outfit, a look she favoured for the past 2 years or so.

I guess this year’s MET Gala was the true turning point.

One thing is for sure, she has shown that one need not hide themselves if they don’t fit the typical frame, or even a version of their past self. That is truly inspiring.

5. Jas June 14, 2018 at 02:18 #

Riri is making this work for me, although it looks so uncomfortable (her poor right breast).
    Makeup on point as usual.

6. Phee June 14, 2018 at 02:15 #

Absolutely terrible. The fit is horrid, the fabric is crinkly and crumpled, the design is sad….She either needs a stylist or needs a new one.

7. Kathy June 14, 2018 at 02:12 #

This dress needs very strategic lightning/tapering to look good. On the runway, it’s liquid gold. On Rihanna, God bless her heart, it’s a lump of foil.

• Lashae June 14, 2018 at 20:27 #

8. Caroline June 14, 2018 at 01:32 #

This is so so so so bad.

• Original meme June 14, 2018 at 02:07 #

So so so very bad. Looks like she’s wearing gangrene crumpled tin foil.

9. brat June 14, 2018 at 01:24 #

One of her better outings, the styling is flawless. I don’t love the dress but she is selling it…….somewhat.

10. Kat June 14, 2018 at 01:02 #

I have three thoughts:
    1 – her breasts are being suffocated
    2 – she looks like a poorly wrapped present
    3 – her makeup looks fab

11. JHH June 14, 2018 at 00:58 #

There is a lot to like about this dress but all I can see is the poor fit around the bust. I don’t get the need to squish one’s breasts like that. I mean come on surely she has access to stuff that fits.

12. TeaAtTwo June 14, 2018 at 00:10 #

I think her Givenchy look had a bigger cool effect but I like that it’s not voluminous and has an unexpected almost subdued mature elegance. Her breast looking squished and ready to pop out though.

13. Caitlin June 14, 2018 at 00:07 #

I agree Carolina. Pains me to say it but she doesn’t seem confident in this, and she NEVER looks uncomfortable. Something feels off here.

• JHH June 14, 2018 at 01:00 #

How can she comfortable with that fit around the bust? We know that she does not mind showing her nipples but when she does, it is a deliberate choice. This looks like an accident waiting to happen.

14. oknow June 14, 2018 at 00:02 #

the dress is absolutely ruined due to the fit issues with the bust. horrendous.

15. Carolina June 13, 2018 at 23:46 #

Rihanna’s looks so stiff in comparison with the original