Menu

Mindy Kaling In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Ocean’s 8’ London Premiere

Following her night out with Stella McCartney, Mindy Kaling was back on the red carpet this evening (June 13) for the ‘Ocean’s 8’ London premiere.

Those of you who are sick of the sheer trend might want to look away now, and those of you wishing for colour, lets us pray.

Honestly, on this occasion I’m not so bummed that Mindy wore a black dress. My issue is really with the modifications.

I much prefer the look without the added embellishment around the waist, as it overcooks the simplicity of the piece.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Helena Bonham Carter In Vivienne Westwood Couture - 'Ocean's 8' London Premiere

Helena Bonham Carter In Vivienne Westwood Couture – ‘Ocean’s 8’ London Premiere

Sandra Bullock In Zuhair Murad - 'Ocean's 8' London Premiere

Sandra Bullock In Zuhair Murad – ‘Ocean’s 8’ London Premiere

11 Responses to Mindy Kaling In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Ocean’s 8’ London Premiere

1. Caroline June 14, 2018 at 01:36 #

Beautiful.

2. Phee June 14, 2018 at 01:30 #

Dark and dreary. Maybe for wintertime but so not now.

3. JHH June 14, 2018 at 00:48 #

I think that she definitely made the right decision in adding the waist modification. I am ignoring the sheer and hoping Mindy moves out fo this phase soon.

4. TeaAtTwo June 14, 2018 at 00:17 #

I agree about with James about belt modification working better for her shorter, curvier figure. This dress in purple, with a subtle non embellished purple band would have been more exciting.

5. James June 13, 2018 at 20:33 #

I think for her bodytype, she made the right call with the modifications. It flatters her more because she doesn’t really have a tiny waist. I personally love this look.

• mm June 13, 2018 at 21:03 #

I agree she needed the modification to define here waist. I think the neckline is too high for her.

• mm June 13, 2018 at 21:04 #

i agree the modifications were needed to define the wait. However the neckline is too high for her

6. Original meme June 13, 2018 at 19:46 #

What a beautiful floaty dress. I prefer it without the embellishment also. Why are they all wearing Fall clothing? It’s summer!

• Maria F. June 14, 2018 at 09:50 #

drives me crazy. They dress so counterintuitive. When i crave colours and patterns they bring out the black and in winter we see them in the flimsiest chiffon mini dresses.

This is only alright for me. It flatters her body, but she has such an array of colours that would flatter her complexion and hair…to stick to black is a bit disappointing.