Menu

11.06.18

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Carolina Herrera – Trooping The Colour

Newlyweds Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have made their return to the spotlight days after arriving back in London from their honeymoon for the Trooping The Colour on Saturday (June 9) in London, England.

Meghan wore an off-the-shoulder peach Carolina Herrera bespoke dress with a similar Phillip Treacy fascinator she wore for the Princes of Wales 70th birthday party.

While it’s yet another peach (neutral-hued) dress, this one – even though we can’t see the full look – feels infinitely more modern than her last outing.

Despite how gorgeous she looks, apparently she broke royal protocol with her choice.

According to reports, “fashion tradition usually dictates that royal women do not wear off-shoulder or other more revealing styles.”

Personally, I’m quite happy that the Duchess of Sussex is ready to shake up any royal fashion rules.

She still looks very regal in her outfit and rules were made to be broken.

Credit: Getty

Kerry Washington In Atelier Versace - 2018 Tony Awards

Kerry Washington In Atelier Versace – 2018 Tony Awards

Rachel Brosnahan In Dolce & Gabbana - 2018 Tony Awards

Rachel Brosnahan In Dolce & Gabbana – 2018 Tony Awards

24 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Carolina Herrera – Trooping The Colour

1. Amy June 12, 2018 at 04:19 #

I saw a video of her standing at the balcony or whatever. She looked great. The hat was chic and the outfit nice while demure.
    I hope she doesn’t become boring like Kate. I need something other than cream or beige

2. Lee Ann June 11, 2018 at 20:14 #

I really doubt this was against royal protocol and expect that the outfit would have been vetted by a courtier. I liked the dress. , less so the hat although it was better than the thing Kate was wearing and wished we could have seen the shoes. Her make up seemed a bit off and her hair a bit juvenile princess

• brat June 11, 2018 at 22:47 #

Don’t wish to see the shoes. Have you seen her other court shoes? They’re all as boring as Kate’s LK Bennett’s.

• Leeann June 12, 2018 at 00:05 #

ThAts why I want to see them

3. Helena June 11, 2018 at 17:23 #

I think I’m the only one who hated this look. If you are going to break protocol, at least make sure you look amazing. This dress gave me 1980’s bridesmaid vibes. The make-up is wrong (her face looks much darker than her chest), the hat is boring and her wig looks weird. The dress is custom and it doesn’t fit her. I just don’t understand how someone with a good body and young would choose something so ugly.

• brat June 11, 2018 at 19:01 #

That is her real hair, she’s definitely not wearing a wig and never has.

• Helena June 11, 2018 at 21:42 #

I’m a hairstylist love, I know a wig when I see one. And she’s been wearing wigs for quite some time…

• brat June 11, 2018 at 22:14 #

no freaking way, you’re telling me Meghan’s thick head of hair and blowout are not hers? I don’t believe it. Next you’ll be saying Kate’s hair isn’t hers either.

• brat June 11, 2018 at 22:50 #

So what about when she wore her hair down and straight before the wedding in that navy Roland Mouret?

• AnnieOh June 11, 2018 at 20:41 #

I agree that the dress looks like an 80s bridesmaid dress and the fit seems to be off. I don’t like this outing from her at all.

4. JHH June 11, 2018 at 16:27 #

I agree that her hair and makeup are on point. I am not crazy about the dress. In the one photo where she is standing, I find the find the way the buttons line up to be a bit ill-fitting and the dress, color and all, is a little dull for my taste but then again so are most dresses that meet the requirements for the royal family.

5. brat June 11, 2018 at 16:00 #

Hair and makeup are on point, she looks beautiful. I’m partial to this recycled hat and this color on her, her honeymoon tan works very well with it. As for the actual dress, take it off of Meghan and I wouldn’t look twice at it.

There’s nothing immodest about her outfit as some are calling it inappropriate and I don’t think it’s a matter of not being allowed to show shoulders and arms as when. Context matters, the Duchess of Cambridge and other royals have bared shoulders many times at formal evening events. I did notice she and all the other royal woman are fully covered up for this event and all previous ones, this is Kate’s 8th trooping of the colours. Maybe it’s because it’s an official royal event during the day?

6. Pratyush June 11, 2018 at 14:22 #

Kate has worn off shoulder as well (a McQueen if I’m not mistaken), but a delineation has been rare for her.
    As for Meghan here, again the fit seems a bit off. a bit snug. She looks lovely though

7. TeaAtTwo June 11, 2018 at 14:07 #

I like the outfit, though I hope that the duchess doesn’t stick to neutrals. I’m curious about her not wearing a British or commonwealth designer to such a high profile occasion.

8. SilentVisitor June 11, 2018 at 12:46 #

She is stunning…..The top of her look is absolutely delightful; I suspect, this dress is a below-knee dress so it is appropriate enough

I hope she never gets bullied into turning her style in the frumpy territory………a shoulder has never killed anyone (not that I know of anyway … LOL )

9. CreoleLady June 11, 2018 at 11:01 #

The color and design of the dress, lovely. The dinner plate as fascinator is not my fave but works ok here. Hard to believe that the dress was not vetted.

I note that this blog is very careful to say Katherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and not Kate Middleton. Why on first mention Meghan Markle and not Meghan, Duchess of Sussex?

• Naf June 13, 2018 at 00:35 #

+111111111111

10. AnnaP June 11, 2018 at 10:37 #

It’s not the same hat – it’s slightly different in the crown to the garden party one.

Also, if you look back at photos of previous royals, this royal protocol narrative is just garbage. The media in this country and general racists will relentlessly throw negativity at the Duchess of Sussex for ever more. Best to ignore it. There are some wonderful old photos of the Queen in plenty of off the shoulder dresses. Not to mention Princess Di!

As for the outfit, she looks beautiful. This style really suits her.

• The original AB June 11, 2018 at 13:02 #

+1 She looks radiant.

11. Maria F. June 11, 2018 at 10:25 #

This was just ok for me. I do not mind the outfit, but I do not like the make up, the lipstick seems to pale for her complexion and I believe that hats like these work better with an updo.

• Original meme June 11, 2018 at 14:49 #

12. BB June 11, 2018 at 10:23 #

She looks amazing!
    And if royal fashion rules didn’t apply to her wedding gown, then they shouldn’t matter here. And if the Queen was happy, then no one in the court can even complain.