Menu

29.05.18

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Cruise 2019

A handful of lovely ladies were in attendance at the Louis Vuitton Cruise 2019 show at Fondation Maeght on Monday (May 28) in Saint-Paul-De-Vence, France.

Emma Stone: The actress stepped out in glittering trousers which played off of the contrasting collar in the white blazer. It was a different outfit compared to what everyone else wore. I fear that some might get hung up on the vintage references, namely, the oversized peaked collar and chunky gold belt.

Laura Harrier: The ‘BlacKkKlansman’ star showed off her pins in a mini which fused opposing patterns and was tied up with a corset waist. I was charmed by the more minimalist looks from the designer she wore to Cannes, and find myself missing some of that simplicity here.

Ruth Negga: Brightening things up, she stayed true to her retro-tinged, feminine style while celebrating the designer’s aesthetic in this sweet look. The way the pleats echo the three-dimensional detailing of the top is most attractive.

Jennifer Connelly: A longtime Louis Vuitton ambassador, this look demonstrates why the two are so delightful together. She carries off the mashup of different points of reference with such ease and it feels as authentic to her personal style as it does the brand’s aesthetic.

Léa Seydoux: Bringing structure to short silhouettes, there was plenty to look at between the diamond design and the trim on the jacket. Like the vast majority, she rounded out the look with the two-tone shoes. The gold earrings bring in the skirt detail, but weren’t necessary.

Sienna Miller: Opting for a more minimalist approach, she looked effortless in a white mini dress. It was summery and not try hardy. The accessories played off the logo without it coming off as too matchy-matchy. I would have liked to see Laura take this direction.

Sophie Turner: Another who embraced high hemlines, the ‘Game of Thrones’ actress also fully celebrated contrasting prints. This was one of the darker versions and had a sense of autumn. The mini silhouette helped to balance the darker mood.

Marina Foïs: Sporting a similar look, the French actress juxtaposed classic suiting fabric with a boldly patterned top. There is a stronger athletic sentiment courtesy of the striped detailing on the top.

Isabelle Huppert: Forgoing all of the dramatic prints, the French beauty adhered to her signature refined style in a black dress with alluring lace sleeves. The sunglasses and silver-toed shoes add a fashion-forward finish to the classic frock without it coming off as contrived.

Sonam Kapoor In Keti Chkhikvadze & Rashmi Varma - Veere Di Wedding Promo Tour

Sonam Kapoor In Keti Chkhikvadze & Rashmi Varma – Veere Di Wedding Promo Tour

Kareena Kapoor In Vintage Mugler - Veere Di Wedding Promo Tour

Kareena Kapoor In Vintage Mugler – Veere Di Wedding Promo Tour

25 Responses to Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Cruise 2019

1. SHARMILA May 30, 2018 at 22:19 #

All are fugly , especially Isabelle Huppert ” le petite robe noire ” or whatever colour , she looks likes like a elder playing girly

2. Kath May 30, 2018 at 12:01 #

+ 1

3. Fee May 30, 2018 at 09:27 #

There a way too many elements at play with Emma’s look. Ruth, Sophie and Sienna are passable as I am taking into account they had to wear LV.

4. Pheephee May 30, 2018 at 04:05 #

I cannot stand those shoes. Hideous.
    Ruth Negga wears LV ok. The others not so much.
    Isabelle doesn’t look like she’s wearing LV so I guess thats why she is passable.

5. Caroline May 30, 2018 at 01:44 #

Sienna and Isabelle are the only ones I kinda like.

6. Amy May 29, 2018 at 22:37 #

I actually love Emma’s look. She made LV look cohesive. Granted there’s a lot to see there but she looks chic.
    Lea looks cute and refined, so does Laura

7. Kimma May 29, 2018 at 21:35 #

On a positive note I like the shoes they’re all modelling. That is the only positive I can find.

8. yo May 29, 2018 at 19:59 #

I think it’s embarrassing that they feel the need to poach actresses and force them to wear their hideous clothes head-to-toe. If they didn’t, none of them would be wearing these hideous clothes.

Emma Stone, Ruth Negga, Jennifer Connelly, Michelle Williams, Lea Seydoux, Riley Keogh, Laura Harrier… all these women used to have such dynamic red carpet style. Something tells me Sienna Miller is next.

Contracts – and the stylists who prime their clients up for such things – are ruining red carpet style. I understand it’s a good paycheck particularly for indie actresses, but most of these women are earning millions from their films. It’s just greediness.

And then you have Isabelle Huppert there, looking all sleek and cool. I guess it pays to be older and wiser.

• Silvia May 29, 2018 at 22:23 #

Agree 100%. Can’t believe how much all these rich women are willing to sacrifice their personality to make more money.

9. Maya S. May 29, 2018 at 17:53 #

Most of these are just plain ugly. I wanna know what happened to Emma Stone. She used to be one of favorites.

10. Leandra May 29, 2018 at 17:34 #

Lea’s jacket is a killer !! loved Emma and a few other pieces separated, not the total look.
    I loved the show with its strong casting,surreal place and lovely sound track. The weather was divine there as well in Paris today. And good news, Nicholas has renewed his contract for 3 more years, into a 7 (SEVEN!!)digits salary…

• Chris May 29, 2018 at 18:38 #

I loved the show as well! My favorite LV show and collection since the Resort 2018 show last year… And happy that Nicolas stays.

• Leandra May 29, 2018 at 19:02 #

I thought on you and Catherine. I knew you would love it. When you see the real thing it’s so different than the pictures.

11. J. May 29, 2018 at 17:33 #

I just can’t . It baffles me ’cause I was a great admirer of Ghesquière during her Balenciaga years but THIS, this I don’t get it.

And why would all these beautiful, polished and grown-up women would want to look like cartoon clones is beyond my understanding. (I guess the Vuitton house must have a pretty nice check book)

12. Original meme May 29, 2018 at 16:20 #

Isabelle wins and the rest are hideous. Why these women wear these LV clothes baffles me.

• Leandra May 29, 2018 at 17:41 #

Wait for more as revenue in clothes only was increased by 12%.

13. AnnieOh May 29, 2018 at 16:16 #

Isabelle looks chic (as always) as does siena, but the rest are meh.

14. Charlotte May 29, 2018 at 16:00 #

They all look pretty bad!
    The worst would be Jennifer Connelly, this look is so ugly.

15. Vizual Ninja May 29, 2018 at 15:42 #

The undershirt is what I dislike the most in Emma’s outfit but there is too much going on. I like Ruth, Sienna and Isabelle here, most others looked overcooked.

16. Chris May 29, 2018 at 15:26 #

Love Emma, Laura and Jennifer (she can pull it off) out of the bunch. Sienna looks fresh and chic as well, I just wish it didn’t have the logo on it.

17. Iva May 29, 2018 at 15:16 #

I kinda like Sienna Miller.

18. JHH May 29, 2018 at 15:04 #

This is a heck of a lot of ugly clothes.

• NZ May 29, 2018 at 16:01 #

My thoughts exactly

• Amanda F May 31, 2018 at 02:26 #

and shoes…don’t forget the fugly shoes

• Giada May 31, 2018 at 15:22 #