Menu

18.05.18

Models @ amfAR Gala Cannes 2018

With the limited showing of actresses – Kristen Stewart, Laura Harrier and Coco Konig – at the amfAR Cannes Gala this year, it was left to the models to provide the glamour.

Maria Borges: It’s been so great to see Roberto Cavalli back on the red carpet at Cannes. Maria was one of many models to don a look from the Couture collection this year. This platinum piece dripping with citrine micro-crystals and draped fringes was as dazzling as she was radiant.

Karolina Kurkova: Always a cut above, the model looked very elegant and sexy in her Miu Miu column dress which she perfectly accessorized with Miu Miu shoes and drop diamond earrings to complement the Swarovski crystal bow.

Sara Sampaio: Even the models outstretch leg couldn’t upstage the dazzling sheen of her pleated lame Elie Saab Resort 2018 blue gown.

Cindy Bruna: This Giambattista Valli Spring 2018 Haute Couture high-low gown is summer in a dress personified. Everything about this look screams skipping in a meadow with the wind in your hair and sun on your face. However, I’m not a fan of the black shoes here. Just imagine how a yellow pair would’ve electrified this look further.

Heidi Klum: The model attended this event with her new boyfriend musician Tom Kaulitz. She could have been sending subliminal messages to her beau wearing this Zuhair Murad Spring 2019 Bridal gown. This gown has a detachable skirt – not doubt to allow the bride to go seamlessly from chapel to party – but I’m glad Heidi kept it, otherwise this would’ve had a high dose of déjà vu. Schutz ‘Cady-Lee’ sandals and Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed her look.

Halima Aden: The trailblazing Somali American model; noted for being the first woman to wear a hijab in the Miss Minnesota USA pageant and on the cover of British Vogue, wore a Stella McCartney Fall 2018 velvet bodysuit, under her Stella McCartney dress which she styled with a gold lurex turban.

Winnie Harlow: If you’re thirsty for some drama at this event, Winnie has you covered. Looking like a beautiful tribal artifact, the model wore a Zuhair Murad Spring 2018 Couture gown styled with Christian Louboutin ‘ Atonana’ sandals.

Nadine Leopold: The Austrian model wore a sheer green pleated Ashi Studio Spring 2018 Couture dress which is stunning in design and construction, but the sheerness may prevent some from loving this as much as I do.

Izabel Goulart: At this point during Cannes, Izabel is on her 4th semi-sheer, embellished, probably nude gown, but on this occasion she surprised me with this Valentino Pre-Fall 2018 gown. The model’s style is inherently sexy, but on this occasion I don’t feel like she’s slapping us in the face with it.

Alessandra Ambrosio: The same very much applies to Alessandra. I was close to copying and pasting Izabel’s text and replacing Valentino for Tommy Hilfiger. Elegant, yet still very much in her wheelhouse.

Laís Ribeiro: Oozing sexy appeal in her cut-out custom Lyla Dumont white gown, I love how the Messika necklace and Giuseppe Zanotti were the perfect choices to complement this look.

Adriana Lima: Dressed in gold from her Julien Macdonald dress to Gianvito Rossi sandals. This somehow felt refreshing on Adriana.

Elsa Hosk: Red was the theme for Elsa’s red carpet look from her Ermanno Scervino red organza gown to her Christian Louboutin ‘Douce du Desert’ pumps. The only thing I’m not warming to here is her hair.

Natasha Poly: The model wore Atelier Versace once again, selecting a medieval-like look from the Spring 2018 collection. I’m loving all the intricate detailing here from the exposed corset to the linear celestial embellishment detailing.

Bambi Northwood-Blyth: The model was positively regal in her sequin embroidered Miu Miu lilac gown. She completed the look with Miu Miu earrings and shoes. This was easily one of my favourites on the night.

Martha Hunt: This custom Sonia Rykiel leather dress stood out for being unexpected at this event. I love the micro embellished detailing that line the fringe work.

Credit: Getty

Coco Konig In Jenny Packham - amfAR Gala Cannes 2018

Coco Konig In Jenny Packham – amfAR Gala Cannes 2018

Shop The Look

Shop The Look

26 Responses to Models @ amfAR Gala Cannes 2018

1. kelly July 1, 2018 at 04:29 #

Halima looks dressed for a FW event, not Cannes in June. You can dress conservatively without wearing long black velvet sleeves! I like Maria and KK.

2. Carrie May 20, 2018 at 13:11 #

Maria is by far the BEST followed by Lais coming in second and Elsa coming in third.

3. Amy May 18, 2018 at 19:38 #

Karolina is giving a lesson on easy chicness.
    Love Sara and Bambi’s looks.
    Alessandra: groundhog day

4. Susie May 18, 2018 at 17:06 #

Karolina, Sara, Cindy, and Natasha are my favorites here.

5. Bel May 18, 2018 at 17:01 #

Cindy Bruna just walk out of a Renaissance painting.

6. Caroline May 18, 2018 at 16:33 #

Love Karolina, Bambi, Elsa, Izabel and Cindy.

7. brat May 18, 2018 at 16:01 #

Also, Maria’s shoes are awful with that dress.

8. Jeremy May 18, 2018 at 16:00 #

Love this Miu Miu look on Karolina. She has such poise, it’s a perfect gown for her.

Love Cindy Bruna as well – but agree with the rest of you about the shoe choice.

9. brat May 18, 2018 at 15:52 #

Natasha, Sara, and Alessandra look amazing, props to Lais as well for masterfully pulling off all that exposed flesh.

Halima looks so out of place among this flock of glamorous beauties. Like someone’s grandma crashed the red carpet, I don’t like her hijab and her dress is terrible.

10. brat May 18, 2018 at 15:48 #

Halima looks so out of place among all these glamorous beauties. What is the dress she’s wearing, it’s hideous.

I love Sara, Natasha, Alessandra and props to Lais for masterfully pulling at that exposed skin off.

11. Vizual Ninja May 18, 2018 at 14:56 #

Top row slays, esp Karolina but hate Maria’ choice of shoe.

Lais and Adriana look like pageant queens.

Nadine Leopold would have been my favourite, the colour and the construction of the dress are so special but the sheerness distracts from all that.

Natasha Poly is good too. Surprised at the Cindy love, not much I like about that look.

12. Pheephee May 18, 2018 at 14:49 #

Hmmm. Hard to choose just one. They almost all look so great. Well put together group for a change.
    Uhh, Karolina and Sara look flawless really. So does Bambi.

13. gabis May 18, 2018 at 13:43 #

In spite of the sheerness and the showing panties, Nadine is my favorite. The dress is just AMAZING (!!!) and I LOVE that shade of green [such an understated color in the red carpet!!]
    I love Izabel’s dress but she doesn’t look as quite as confident as she does with her usual
    sheer-embellished-nude looks. Quite a shame because that is one STUNNING dress and the styling is gorgeous.

• Aubrey May 18, 2018 at 16:36 #

+ 1 for Nadine. I feel we are too hard on sheer looks – sometimes they work!

14. Leandra May 18, 2018 at 12:39 #

I think they all look terrific. I’m honestly surprised by the sudden restrainment in their dressing.

15. Chris May 18, 2018 at 11:34 #

I really like Karolina, Natasha and Bambi iu of the bunch

16. alvarospain May 18, 2018 at 11:31 #

Sara, Alessandra and Natasha are my faves.

17. NZ May 18, 2018 at 11:29 #

Nothing too disastrous, and nothing exciting either. I feel bored.
    That being said, Bambi and Cindy (minus the shoes) are my favorites here.

18. Iva May 18, 2018 at 10:41 #

Karolina stands out.

19. Alina May 18, 2018 at 10:22 #

Bambi looks beautiful.

Underwhelming event.

20. Claire May 18, 2018 at 10:22 #

I’ve been waiting for someone to wear that blue Elie Saab dress since I saw the collection. I think Sara nailed it.

Love Karolina and Cindy as well, though I agree- wish Cindy had gone for different shoes.

21. Kimma May 18, 2018 at 09:28 #

Natasha is my favourite. Waist up I liked Maria’s a lot, but I would have liked it a whole lot more if the skirt weren’t sheer and with a better shoe choice.

22. Charlotte May 18, 2018 at 09:24 #

A lot of expected looks, but still good looks.
    I like Karolina Kurkova dress but I don’t think she’s the right person for it, neither it’s the right event.
    Sara Sampaio looks great even if the shoes are not as great as the dress.
    Cindy Bruna dress reminds me of Kendall Jenner last year, the shoes are a huge let down!
    Winnie Harlow, the sheerness doesn’t add anything here, I wish we couldn’t see her panties and it would have been a great look.
    Nadine Leopold, same, I don’t care about her panties!

Izabel Goulart and Alessandra Ambrosio.. so they are two diffrent people, that’s a news to me!
    Dress are pretty boring and déjà vu. Same for Lais Ribiero and Adriana Lima.
    Plus, I find the dress pretty unflattering on Adriana Lima, makes it look wider than she is.

23. Lashae May 18, 2018 at 09:14 #

Kinda shocked the dress Winnie is wearing is Zuhair Murad, looks more like Roberto Cavalli

Izabel Goulart and Alessandra look very alike, couldn’t tell them apart without their names tbh

My favorite of the bunch is Karolina, love everything about the whole look

24. Jas May 18, 2018 at 09:09 #

Do Izabel and Alessandra look like the same person? Or just the photo… Or the surgery…

• Carrie May 20, 2018 at 13:16 #

I’ve always thought they looked a lot alike too!