Menu

12.05.18 Premiere

There were plenty more ladies who joined Cate Blanchett, Helen Mirren, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Araya A. Hargate and many more on the red carpet for the premiere of ‘Girls Of The Sun (Les Filles Du Soleil)’ during Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 12).

Kendall Jenner: Someone please set up a Go Fund Me page for Kendall Jenner, the poor girl left LA without a single bra. I jest of course, but I’m getting tired of photo shopping her nipples out of the picture. The model wore a heavenly Schiaparelli Fall 2017Haute Couture tulle gown embroidered with polka dots plus a trompe l’oeil belt.  The look was styled with Chopard jewels.

Golshifteh Farahani: The Iranian actress wore a Chanel Spring 2016 Haute Couture gown which I love for the shimmering fabrication and delicate embellishments. On this occasion the necklace doesn’t overwhelm the look.

Jasmine Tookes: The model was radiant in red Zac Posen. The designer can always be relied upon to serve up classic elegance.

Hailey Baldwin: The model opted to match her Roberto Cavalli Couture embellished dress to her pink hair.  And it works. The look was styled with Chopard jewels.

Sara Sampaio:
The model always gives me one swoon-worthy moment at Cannes, and it looks to be this Zuhair Murad Spring 2018 Haute Couture gown.

Joan Smalls: I love how the elegant silhouette of her Roberto Cavalli Couture gown is full of feminine flourish when topped off with feathers.

Elsa Hosk: The model always has one Marylin Monroe moment at Cannes. This time is came courtesy of Alberta Ferretti.

Salma Hayek: I love this serene moment in Gucci.  Fashion forward Salma never works for me.

Credit: Getty

Marion Cotillard In Guy Laroche - 'Girls Of The Sun (Les Filles Du Soleil)' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Guy Laroche – ‘Girls Of The Sun (Les Filles Du Soleil)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Armani Prive - 'Angel Face (Gueule d'Ange)' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Armani Prive – ‘Angel Face (Gueule d’Ange)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

35 Responses to ‘Girls Of The Sun (Les Filles Du Soleil)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

1. Schoolbea May 15, 2018 at 14:59 #

Golshifteh is a dream here. I personally think that her styling is flawless. I hope she makes it to one of the polls.

2. Fanny May 13, 2018 at 15:48 #

I think they all look pretty amazing. That Chanel dress is gorgeous and I’ve been waiting for someone to wear it, don’t know how I feel about the necklace though.

3. Jessica May 13, 2018 at 10:26 #

Omg laughed out loud at your Kendall comment!! Very true!

4. Laken May 13, 2018 at 09:16 #

Kendall is jaw hit the floor stunning. Love her earrings. Salma hasn’t look this good in a long time.

5. Chris May 13, 2018 at 09:07 #

Surprisingly, I love Kendall’s look here, I think it’s a personal best for her.
    Golshifteh looks gorgeous.

• Leandra May 13, 2018 at 09:32 #

The dress is a dream. I had the opportunity to see it in Paris, in real life, it’s as delicate as cirrus clouds.

• Chris May 13, 2018 at 14:10 #

I can imagine, would love to see it in person.

6. Pheephee May 13, 2018 at 07:56 #

Sara’s dress is beautiful. She looks flawless really. I think she got the best of the Zuhairs. Its so classy and elegant.
    Jasmine looks nice too.

7. Venus May 13, 2018 at 05:32 #

Goshifateh is gorgeous

8. Pedro May 13, 2018 at 05:24 #

Kendall looks FANTASTIC!
    Perfect dress, make up and earings

9. Nat39 May 13, 2018 at 03:28 #

Sara Sampaio here (and somehow I instantly imagined Lily Collins in this gown).

• Nat39 May 13, 2018 at 04:34 #

..it was Thomas’s pick for Araya:)

10. kelly May 13, 2018 at 02:58 #

i dont mind seeing nipple on a fashion look, i wish you would leave them in bc it alters the outcome of the dress/look!

• Catherine Kallon May 13, 2018 at 09:09 #

Unfortunately Google frown upon it and it’s if not removed they will remove my advertising

• Thit May 13, 2018 at 09:45 #

+1 – Google should grow up.

11. Ana May 13, 2018 at 01:23 #

Golshifteh is heaven

12. Amy May 12, 2018 at 22:10 #

IT would be tragic if kendall wore BRA with this dress, why wouldnt She show her nipples, we live in 21. Century if this is her style and Way of Expresion She should continue to be herself which She mostly is. At least this girl has her own style (sry for bad eng)

• brat May 12, 2018 at 22:32 #

I have no issue with the nipples, she exposes them somehow without looking vulgar in this gown. I think she looks angelic.

• Thit May 13, 2018 at 09:46 #

13. Kimma May 12, 2018 at 22:06 #

Joan is my favourite.

I normally adore Sara’s style but the colour is washing her out and the skirt is too long.

Golshifteh’s dress is amazing but styled poorly with the dark necklace, severe centre part and bored expression.

14. brat May 12, 2018 at 22:02 #

Kendall wins easily, sheer top and all, that gown and her in it are stunning.
    Golshifteh and her necklace might be the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.
    Sara and Joan get honorable mentions. I much preferred Sara’s red gown from last year.

15. Caroline May 12, 2018 at 21:35 #

I actually freaking LOVE Kendall’s look. My favorite out of all of these.
    I also really love Salma, Joan, Sara and Hailey.

• brat May 12, 2018 at 22:04 #

right, nipples be damned when she looks this damn heavenly

16. pinksugar May 12, 2018 at 21:20 #

Your Kendall commentary is golden, and I will support that Go Fund Me just so I don’t have to look at her nipples anymore! She must really think they’re something to have them out at every moment. I’m not getting the appeal. The dress would have been gorgeous sans her repeated thirst and vulgarity.

Jasmine, Sara, and Elsa all look lovely. These are the REAL models who understand how to dress for a prestigious event.

17. NZ May 12, 2018 at 21:17 #

1-The moment I saw this Zuhair Murad gown on the runway, I immediately thought it was Cannes-worthy so I’m glad to see it actually have its moment, and Sara wore it so gracefully.
    2-I’m so happy that Elsa made up for that terrible Ralph & Russo look the other day.
    3-A surprise here is Golshifteh. I never thought anyone could pull off this dress but she did.
    The rest look lovely but forgettable.

I’m just going to ignore Kendall…

18. Iva May 12, 2018 at 21:03 #

Jasmine (what a beauty), Sara and Joan look good.
    Salma – better than usual.
    I would like if Golshifteh’s dress was more closed around her breasts.
    Hailey’s hair is ridiculous here.

I swear – I’ve made the same dress as the one on Elsa for my barbie doll when I was a kid. And it didn’t fit properly too.

19. quimby May 12, 2018 at 21:00 #

A GoFundMe to get Kendall a bra, and one to rescue Hailey’s breasts from the torture they’re suffering in that ill-fitting bodice.

20. JHH May 12, 2018 at 20:58 #

Jasmine is probably the best here. Love the Gofundme line. Would someone please help Hailey with facial expressions? Even Kendall does a better job. When you look at all the other facial expressions in this, you really realize how bad Hailey’s is.

21. Mimi May 12, 2018 at 20:46 #

Kendall’s dress could have been a moment if it was LINED (And I love your commentary of her, LOL!)

Salma is my favorite here, that color is gorgeous on her!

Sara and Jasmine and Joan are also really nice here

22. Vizual Ninja May 12, 2018 at 20:41 #

wow Golshifteh what a gorgeous woman, would’ve preferred more exciting shoes but other than that she looks lovely. Jasmine looks good but very Deja Vu. Sara is my favourite here and Elsa isn’t bad either wish the dress rested a bit higher on her bust.

23. Tenacious May 12, 2018 at 20:40 #

On another note, Jasmine Tookes is beauty at its finest. Perfection.

24. Tenacious May 12, 2018 at 20:39 #

If it weren’t for the exposed nipples, I would have said this is one of Kendall’s best red carpet looks. The dress is breathtaking and the styling is perfection.

25. Alina May 12, 2018 at 20:27 #

Sara Sampaio.

26. Leandra May 12, 2018 at 20:26 #

Kendal’s dress is exquisite, really stunning but lost on her. Pitty.
    I love Salma’s dress.

27. Hermoine May 12, 2018 at 20:21 #

Really Kendall??!! Enough is enough
    We all have breasts, I don’t want to see mine that much so I don’t need to see yours either!!!