Menu

Chopard Secret Night Red Carpet Roundup

There were many more gorgeous gals who attended Chopard’s Secret Night during Cannes Film Festival on Friday (May 12), where they joined by Lupita Nyong’o, Marion Cotillard and Julianne Moore.

Joan Smalls: We expect models to attend these events in predictable sheer, slit to the hipbone dresses, but Joan was not sticking to those loose rules on this occasion. The model looked breath-taking wearing a Miu Miu Collection bow accented top and fluid skirt. I found this look very elegant and chic. Miu Miu executed this beautifully. I would say it’s one of my favourites so far. The look was styled with Roger Vivier sandals and Chopard jewels.

Irina Shayk: The one thing you can always expect from Irina at Cannes is high-glamour. She had me purring with delight at her Alberta Ferretti emerald green velvet gown styled with matching Chopard jewels. This is definitely her best at Cannes this year. Even if this dress did remind me of Rita Ora’s Grammy gown.

Sui He: The Asian beauty was the belle of the ball, taking to the red carpet in a dreamy Oscar de la Renta dégradé gown from the Spring 2018 collection; created with swathes of gradient blue and black tulle. Such drama in this piece that can be fully appreciated at Cannes. The look was complete with perfectly placed sapphire Chopard jewels.

Kendall Jenner: The model wore an Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2016 Couture mesh dress which left little to the imagination. I had to blur the nipples as they are so prominent, but this is still very much a naked dress. Christian Louboutin ‘Uptown’ pumps completed her look.

Oscar de la Renta Spring 2018
Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2016 Couture

Josephine Skriver: The Victoria’s Secret angel wore a Georges Hobeika Spring 2018 Haute Couture mint green gown which was ultra feminine and gracefully sexy. Chopard jewels enhanced the embellishments.

Izabel Goulart: In a sea of gowns, Izabel stood out in her Julien Macdonald Fall 2017 mini dress. While this is a typical Izabel dress, you can’t deny how smokin’ hot she looks here.

Georges Hobeika Spring 2018 Couture
Julien Macdonald Fall 2017

Elsa Hosk: How do I say this politely? There is just too much going on with Elsa’s Ralph & Russo Spring 2018 Couture gown. From the cape to the odd tassels to the gunmetal mesh and layered skirt. Methinks this gown should’ve never have seen the light of day off the runway.

Jasmine Tookes: Zuhair Murad continues to be the go-to designer at Cannes. Jasmine’s Spring 2018 embroidered dress is one of the typically sheer ones we’ve seen.

Ralph & Russo Spring 2018 Couture
Zuhair Murad Spring 2018

Ming Xi: The model gives this Ermanno Scervino Fall 2017 dress it’s third outing after Kate Beckinsale and Amal Clooney.

Araya A. Hargate: I found myself more enthused about her Chopard jewels than her Zuhair Murad Spring 2018 Couture dress.

Ermanno Scervino Fall 2017
Zuhair Murad Spring 2018 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Lupita Nyong'o In Prada - Chopard Secret Night

Lupita Nyong’o In Prada – Chopard Secret Night

Shop The Look

Shop The Look

20 Responses to Chopard Secret Night Red Carpet Roundup

1. Noemi May 14, 2018 at 08:34 #

Izabel Goulart… wow. What a beautiful, sexy dress. She looks great without a bit of tackiness.
    Someone should take lesson from her.

2. Pheephee May 13, 2018 at 07:43 #

Sui He looks flawless. Great look.
    Kendall looks like trash. So sad. I actually ‘secretly’ root for her. I consider her the best of the bunch (family)…..but this is stupid.
    Josephine looks lovely and well put together also.

3. Nat39 May 13, 2018 at 03:31 #

Sui He does it again. Very beautiful blue-black color transitions.

4. Kimma May 12, 2018 at 21:25 #

Irina is a goddess.
    Izabel needs to sit Kendall down for a lesson in how to achieve sexy not tacky.

• Vanessa May 12, 2018 at 23:35 #

Or She should sit her down for a lesson how to be boring

5. pinksugar May 12, 2018 at 18:50 #

Kendall has zero class and no business even being there. I am unsure why she thinks everyone wants to see her T&A, neither are anything spectacular. Flashing nips at Cannes is utterly tasteless and beyond desperate.

Irina, Sui, & Elsa all look lovely here. That Oscar dress is a dream.

• Elsa May 12, 2018 at 22:24 #

At least She has something to show

6. brat May 12, 2018 at 18:39 #

Sui lei’s dress should have been worn by Fan Bingbing! Period the end!

• charlotte May 13, 2018 at 00:34 #

Actually this dress was initially prepared for Fan Bingbing,but she left Cannes after her jobs are done so their shared stylist Min Rui gave this dress to Sui He.
      Nevertheless Sui looked stunning and classy and did this gown justice.

7. Susie May 12, 2018 at 18:28 #

Sui He is my favorite. Joan & Irina also look good.

8. Caroline May 12, 2018 at 17:52 #

Love Joan, Irina, Sui He and Josephine. The rest are either tacky or dated.

9. Alina May 12, 2018 at 17:35 #

Sui and Josephine.

10. Mimi May 12, 2018 at 17:25 #

Kendall’s dress actually could have been cool if it was LINED. I really like that iridescent green.

Elsa’s dress is nice but she didn’t know how to work it. It swallows her.

Josephine’s dress looks like Prom.

I like Irina and Joan, Irina is the best here IMO

11. Isabela May 12, 2018 at 17:02 #

Joan Smalls – Nice, but i don’t love it as much as you do.
    Irina Shayk – Stunning, she is just beautiful and the color is everything.
    Sui He – Stunning, i love the color and the drama. She looks much better than the model on the runway.

Kendall Jenner – If she was going naked, she should at least had styled like the model on the runway.
    Josephine Skriver – Beautiful, but forgetable.
    Izabel Goulart – She looks the same.
    Elsa Hosk – Ugly dress, looks very cheap and i hate the color.
    Jasmine Tookes, Ming Xi and Araya A. Hargate- Boring.

12. NZ May 12, 2018 at 16:39 #

Josephine and Joan are the most decent ones out of the bunch.
    I like Irina, but what bothers me most about this look is the hair. It looks exactly like my hair in the morning when I’m rushing to college.

I don’t even know what to say about Kendall. If this dress was longer and less sheer, I would have loved it.

13. Vizual Ninja May 12, 2018 at 16:39 #

I don’t understand what’s going on with Kendall she’s had such good fashion moments, why this intense desperation? Irina is my favourite with Josephine close behind

14. JHH May 12, 2018 at 16:21 #

I am pretending that I did not see Kendall. Araya’s dress is very unflattering. Irina and Sui look terrific. The others are sort of whatever to me.
    On an unrelated point, why do we need the Asian descriptor for Sui. She is a beauty regardless of her race. Would you say the white beauty for Elsa for example? Oddly, it would not have bothered me if “Chinese beauty” had been used because that would be a reference to her country of birth and not her race.

15. Iva May 12, 2018 at 16:17 #

Sui He and Josephine Skriver are the best IMO.

Irina looks ok I guess (nothing new from her).
    I don’t like the others.

Your comment “How do I say this politely?” for Elsa made me laugh.
    That dress (but also the hair with it) is hideous.

16. Leandra May 12, 2018 at 16:02 #

Give a glass of water for that Kreature, her thirst is unquenchable.
    I like Ming Xi and Elsa Hosk the most.

• Leandra May 12, 2018 at 16:24 #

I was thinking Josephine Skiver, not the Hosk.