Menu

Meghan Markle In BOSS – Stephen Lawrence Memorial Service

Hours after Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge welcomed their third child on Monday (April 23), Meghan Markle and her fiancé Prince Harry attended a memorial service marking the 25th anniversary of Stephen Lawrence’s death at St Martin-in-the-Fields in London.

To commemorate the life of the murdered teen the couple wore dignified navy ensembles.

Meghan wore BOSS Spring 2018 sleeveless, D-ring belted dress styled with a Manolo Blahnik nude BB pointed-toe pump and a Wilbur and Gussie silk clutch.

The former actress kept her jewelry light, wearing only her engagement ring and delicate diamond stud earrings.

I’m sure this look will be picked apart like, “why didn’t she wear a hat?”

Or “this would’ve been a good time to wear a blazer” which has favoured over the last few outings.

So I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Greta Gerwig In Gucci - 2018 Time 100 Gala

Greta Gerwig In Gucci – 2018 Time 100 Gala

Kesha In MIKAEL D - 2018 Time 100 Gala

Kesha In MIKAEL D – 2018 Time 100 Gala

21 Responses to Meghan Markle In BOSS – Stephen Lawrence Memorial Service

1. Alina April 26, 2018 at 06:34 #

I don’t see anything insulting (?) about showing your arms or not wearing a hat. She looks elegant and appropriate for the event.

2. brat April 26, 2018 at 03:55 #

Her best in awhile and that says a lot as it’s nothing special.

3. Fee April 26, 2018 at 02:23 #

Elegant and understated.

4. AnnaP April 25, 2018 at 15:30 #

She looks perfect. Most stylish woman alive in my opinion. Those who pick her apart have a hidden agenda and it just gets on my nerves.

I love the injection of Meghan’s style into the British royal arena – it is so refreshing and she always looks amazing, both her clothes and accessories.

I will continue to follow her style and block out the hateful pathetic comments that suck the joy out of her excellence.

• brat April 26, 2018 at 04:04 #

surely you jest, did you see her accessories at the Queen’s birthday celebration? Hell to the naw, naw naw!!!! Calm your fangirl heart, she’s a lovely girl. We’re talking about her style, which, despite the help of her stylist BFF suffers greatly.

• ayatlaw April 26, 2018 at 16:16 #

+1 I couldn’t agree more. There is no fan girl moment. We both have eyes. People have a hidden agenda when commenting on Meghan and it has grown old and tiresome. I too think she looks perfect.

• brat April 27, 2018 at 07:19 #

This is her best look in weeks.

That being said her most recent Emilia Wickstead ensemble was hideous. Awful tailoring and completely unflattering. Granny chic at it’s finest.

It’s really insulting for you to insinuate that people have a hidden agenda on this site. This isn’t the Daily Mail. Everyone is here for the fashion and Catherine’s commentary.

Your implication is their “hidden agenda” is racism, don’t be coy about it, and that’s disgusting. You think Meghan’s critics have a problem with her because she’s biracial.
        Let say that’s fair, it’s equally fair to say that the “style” you’re swooning over is mediocre at best and a reflection of your own mediocre taste. Meghan has shown promise but the past month I’ve seen nothing to impress. Sorry, some of us on this site have high standards. Meghan’s recent choices are very boring ala the Duchess of Cambridge and those of us here who live for exciting, bold, beautiful fashion will say so. And won’t be shamed by the likes of you. The Duchess of Cornwall could easily have worn Meghan’s last two outfits, a woman in her 60’s.

• AnnaP May 7, 2018 at 17:17 #

Your name is extremely apposite!

5. Jackson April 25, 2018 at 15:05 #

Why do British ladies favor hats so much?

• Silvia April 25, 2018 at 18:58 #

Jackson, I’ve often wondered this, and I’ve lived here for 15 years. They are so ageing!

6. Original meme April 25, 2018 at 15:05 #

I think she looks great. MM has great style. I don’t see a need for a hat or blazer.

7. SilentVisitor April 25, 2018 at 14:57 #

I only like this ankles up; No to those boring shoes…………but I understand why she wore them

8. LeeAnn April 25, 2018 at 13:54 #

I like it but I do think her arms should have been covered . No hat was required .

• Silvia April 25, 2018 at 18:59 #

Why should her arms have been covered?

9. Maria F. April 25, 2018 at 13:31 #

This is one of my favourite looks of hers.

10. The original AB April 25, 2018 at 13:10 #

Both looked elegant and completely appropriate to commemorate the horrific,senseless murder of a young man who had his whole life ahead of him.

• JHH April 25, 2018 at 15:44 #

11. Maya April 25, 2018 at 13:03 #

I think this is styled perfectly. Piling on a blazer and hat would’ve detracted from the dress.

12. Charlotte April 25, 2018 at 12:46 #

Oh no, a hat or a blazer were not needed.
    I like the dress on her and it’s perfect for the event.

• Eni April 25, 2018 at 13:48 #