Menu

23.04.18

After headed into labour 8 hours ago, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge was spotted on the steps of St Mary’s Hospital, headed home with new son cradled in her arms looking as fresh as a daisy.

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Prince George and Princess Charlotte were on hand to greet the new arrival, who is fifth in line to the throne.

The Duchess wore a bespoke red dress with a white collar by Jenny Packham, which many believe was in homage to Diana, as the late Princess wore a very similar look when she gave birth to Prince Harry.

This is the third time the Duchess has opted for bespoke Jenny Packham for her post-birth appearances.

I just can’t get over how great Catherine looks and how she managed to get a blow dry in before leaving the hospital.

Embed from Getty Images

Credit: Getty

Chloe Grace Moretz In Louis Vuitton - ‘Miseducation of Cameron Post’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Chloe Grace Moretz In Louis Vuitton – ‘Miseducation of Cameron Post’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Scarlett Johansson In Erdem -  'Avengers: Infinity War' LA Premiere

Scarlett Johansson In Erdem – ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ LA Premiere

23 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William’s Newborn Prince Makes His First Public Appearance

1. SilentVisitor April 24, 2018 at 13:34 #

She looks radiant…….It’s cool, they try to keep Diana’s memory alive but Kate has her own personality; there is no need to constantly do things like Diana would have done them

They look so happy; Kate especially looks like she is awe which is understandable

2. Mimi April 24, 2018 at 13:31 #

I’m so happy for them! What a joyous moment.

I don’t know if it’s coincidence or not, but why is she always trying to dress like Diana? It’s getting to be too much. I know she was beautiful and an icon, but why would you want to dress like your husbands mother?

3. Maria F. April 24, 2018 at 10:29 #

the pictures do not do her justice. She looked so radiant in the video and also so happy.

• Catherine Kallon April 24, 2018 at 17:45 #

I agree

• AnnieOh April 24, 2018 at 23:59 #

4. Noemi April 24, 2018 at 09:53 #

“How she managed to get a blow dry in before leaving the hospital”. I read an article about the hospital and it’s basically a luxury hotel. It even provides champagne and wine to drink a toast.

I think she’s genetically blessed because she always looks great after giving birth but she also suffers so much during the first months of pregnancy so she 100% deserves to look fabulous a few hours after delivering her babies.

They’re such a beautiful families, they look so happily in love.

• Catherine Kallon April 24, 2018 at 17:46 #

Sounds ideal. i want to holiday there 🙂

5. Courteney April 24, 2018 at 05:14 #

She looks just lovely. So happy for the beautiful family and new baby prince!

6. kelly April 24, 2018 at 01:32 #

8 hours from going in to labour, to delivery, to photo op? Damn. I didn’t accomplish very much in the last 8 hours…

• cmarouet April 24, 2018 at 09:21 #

Preach +1

• Catherine Kallon April 24, 2018 at 17:46 #

ha…so true.

7. Dhppy April 23, 2018 at 23:21 #

Oh, congratulations! I am happy for them.

8. Isabela April 23, 2018 at 23:00 #

She looks great and the baby is adorable

9. Charlotte April 23, 2018 at 21:29 #

What’s the point of making her pose in front of the photographers just few hours after giving birth ?
    And the dress, the make up, the hair, this is ridiculous.
    We don’t need to see that.

• Soho April 24, 2018 at 05:46 #

I read somewhere this is to avoid paparazzi going mad to get any picture of the future heir to the throne. Might as well give them something they could use.

In my opinion, it’s small details like this which separates them from the way other celebrities get papped.

• Catherine Kallon April 24, 2018 at 17:47 #

Yes, this is true. Otherwise they go to dangerous lengths to be the first to get the first picture as the price for the picture will be high

This gets it out of the way safely.

10. meme April 23, 2018 at 21:07 #

I love the small gestures they make to honor Diana. It’s sad that she’s missing all this…she would have been a wonderful grandmother.

I know Kate has a team of people to help her, but it must be exhausting to have to get all dressed up and show off your baby hours after giving birth. But they do look so happy.

11. JHH April 23, 2018 at 20:58 #

It’s times like this that I realize what a pain it can be to be a royal. I can’t even imagine having to get dressed and be presentable right after giving birth and having to be photographed and then knowing that people will be commenting on your look. The duchess looks great but I would have said that if she had rolled out in sweats. Much props to her for her look today.

• Kat April 24, 2018 at 05:14 #

• Alina April 24, 2018 at 05:54 #

+2. I kinda feel like they should stop doing this. They should just release some official pictures of the baby and that’s it. It seems a lot to put a human through just for people’s enjoyment.

12. Enid April 23, 2018 at 20:41 #

Oh my God! Imagine facing a group of photographers in a dress and heels, hair and make-up done, hours after giving birth! She’s truly a superhuman.

• Catherine Kallon April 23, 2018 at 21:04 #

Exactly my thoughts. Superwoman

13. Vizual Ninja April 23, 2018 at 20:36 #

Congratulations! She looks good, it’s a cute dress…it must suck having to put yourself together so shortly after giving birth. You’d get sweats, flats & a messy bun from me..but guess that’s why I’m not a royal!