Menu

Shu Qi In Dolce & Gabbana and Gucci – 2018 Beijing International Film Festival

Shu Qi was at the 2018 Beijing International Film Festival in Beijing, China over the weekend, attending two events.

First, the actress attended the ‘Tiantan Award’ jury press conference on Friday (April 13). It would be hard to overlook the blatant romantic quality of this Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2018 design that featured a Cupid motif across its diaphanous layers. The statement earrings were likely unnecessary for the softer side of this dressing gown-inspired style—that, or a sleek bun would have helped de-clutter the neckline.

Many will likely immediately be having déjà vu upon seeing Shu at the Opening Ceremony of the film festival on Sunday (April 15).

Naomie Harris just wore this Gucci Spring 2018 ensemble with incredible commanding attitude. I’m not sure that Shu had that same presence in the look—plus the necklace was a bit distracting and extraneous.

However, it was interesting to see another actress interpret what is evidently quite the Marmite look. What do you think of its second run?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

7th Biennial UNICEF Ball

7th Biennial UNICEF Ball

DVF Awards 2018

DVF Awards 2018

7 Responses to Shu Qi In Dolce & Gabbana and Gucci – 2018 Beijing International Film Festival

1. MG April 18, 2018 at 16:44 #

I think she looks better than Naomi (as mush as I love Naomi) in that Gucci look. Shu looks more effortless and chic, and less costumy

2. Camilla April 17, 2018 at 08:18 #

I like seeing the second look again. She’s not channelling a whole ‘fierce’ thing with her stance but I like it better for that, interestingly.

3. Original Meme April 16, 2018 at 21:22 #

The Dolce is just too twee and the second is just silly with that bow.

4. Maria F. April 16, 2018 at 19:20 #

the first one is very cutsey, but she pulls it off. Might be, because the colour looks very nice on her.

Naomie wore the second look better.

5. Pheephee April 16, 2018 at 17:21 #

Too much fabric in the first one. It just sort of hangs there, limply.
    The second, I prefer She Qi’s pants. They seem better tailored. Smoother.
    I prefer the top of Naomies. Her bow wasn’t so limp looking.
    But I don’t care for this outfit at all really.

6. Caroline April 16, 2018 at 17:08 #

I like both.

7. JHH April 16, 2018 at 16:51 #

The Dolce & Gabbana dress is not my style and I intensely dislike it (too froufy, too childish, etc.) but I guess it looks good on Shu Qi. The Gucci look fits through the waist better than it did on Naomie Harris but it’s still a silly look.